HARRY POTTER & THE DEATHLY HALLOWS - thoughts (SPOILERS!!) (1 Viewer)

kloudsurfer

HSC
Iheartpaulfrank said:
Just wanted to say I finished reading it last week. :D For the first time.
Haha.

Like 6 months ago my friend came up to me and said

'OMG! Dumbledore DIES!!!!!'

She had just read the 6th book for the first time. Obviously she doesnt go on the internet much...

HSC
kaz1 said:
Deathly Hallows was my least favourite book in the series
I agree... my favourite was Order of the Phoenix and I think it basically went downhill from there... but that's because I don't like Ginny and she had a bigger role in those last two (Harry and Ginny together with children = vomit. I really wanted either one or both of them to die. But Albus was a sweetie-pie, so I suppose I can forgive him for being part weasel. But thats mainly because I think of him being sorted into Slytherin and breaking the stupid 'all Slytherins are nasty, evil people' that JKR has forced upon us) And then there's the fact that there were like 200 pages of filler in the middle that were complete shizer...

Whatever happened to the strides you were making in HBP, Slytherins as people rather than just one-dimensional caricatures?

But no, Slytherins are all evil, Gryffindors all heroic...

(I like Gryffindor the least of the four houses, to be honest. But really, with JKR there's only one true house, two that are there for background, and one that's a pariah)
Yeah, that pisses me off too. I wish they'd have shown ONE nice Slytherin at least, aside from Snape/Slughorn. Apparently she was going to do a chapter with Theodore Nott, who sounds like he could have been the only unconventional Slytherin, but guess what? Got cut. I have to disagree with the most disliked house, though; cannon-fodder Hufflepuff gets my vte on that one.

Oh, fuck yes. Watch the next gen Harry/Draco be ASS - the ship name given to the Albus Severus/Scorpius pairing. That's about the only moment of hilarity in that travesty of an epilogue.
LMFAO, ass. Luna/Neville still has the funniest name though: HMS the government stole my toad. I like to think that the epilogue hinted at Ron's daughter Rose and Scorpius Malfoy (god awful name) getting together. I think Ron doomed himself the minute he told her not to get friendy with him... haha but seriously, how funny would that relationship be? Imagine her bringing him home to 'meet the parents'... lol.

Last edited:

nicollette

HSC
Damn this thread is old. Anywho, personally I think she crammed too much information/events into one book - I mean their was only a few things that connected with the other book (prophecy and all that jazz) but there was just too much information to absorb so I didn't really enjoy it, but I definitely wasn't bored. Bit dissapointed :(

dwarven

[SMSHS'08']
HSC
dissapointed

easily the worst harry potter book i've read.

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
Just read the book again. Anyone know what 'wotcher' means? Tonks says it all the time.

HSC
kaz1 said:
Just read the book again. Anyone know what 'wotcher' means? Tonks says it all the time.
It's just British slang. Wotcha up to. What are you up to.

bawd

HSC
Nasonex said:
My favourite character in the HP series is Ginny
Mine would be Remus Lupin. From the movies, it would be Hermione Granger.

live.fast

HSC
N/A
hated this book. Sorry - it was just so.. cliche! And some parts, like Mrs Weasley shouting "BITCH!" seemed.. out of place. Rowling never resorted to swearing in any of the previous books, yet the mood and tone in those seemed more realistically darker and genuine than in this one. In fact, this whole book seemed to be a collection of mismatched events, all of which moved too fast (particularly with the deaths) to seem credible, even in 'Harry Potter' world.

But yes - it's not really the plot that concerned me. Just simply... I don't know.. the feel of the book? Every other book before seemed .. believable. This one seemed too forced, like a 'try to make every fan happy' type thing. And it bombed. BIG time.

Sorry JK - but seriously, I'd want a refund. With your 100000 x 10000 to the power of ten of millions of dollars, I doubt you can't afford to give me that at least, for suffering through this crappy, rushed book.

bawd

HSC
hollyy. said:
loved the book. Hated the 19 yrs later bit.
Yeah, I thought the book was okay, except for that bit. And the naming of his son Albus Severus Potter. :cold:

HSC
The book was pretty good considering the high expectations and all. Much better than other endings i can name of *coughbreakingdawn* *cough*. But she really ruined it with the cheese epilogue ending. The names were horrible. :(

Teddy Tonks will carry the torch for the future generation, he sounded so awesome!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)