HARRY POTTER & THE DEATHLY HALLOWS - thoughts (SPOILERS!!) (1 Viewer)

cuppy

HSC
N/A
kloudsurfer said:
Im totally suprised

Am I the only one who didnt suspect that any of the characters are gay?

no - it never crossed my mind during the series so i was stunned to hear the news.

i did think it was strange that such a great wizard like Dumbledore never had a wife or any kids.... but him and Grindelwald??!

:eek: :eek: :eek:

:spam:

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
maybe he had a thing for Harry..
Hahaha.. "if he ever suspected our relationship was more than that of teacher and pupil" ...

Anyway, I've always suspected it and am quite delighted that JKR decided to announce it. I mean, come on - flamboyant plum-coloured velvet suits?

It's what I want that's easy. It's getting it that
HSC
vulgarfraction said:
Haha he's more than twice her age. :p Not that it matters I s'pose.

I think it adds a creepiness element... we all know how much he favoured Harry.

I reckon the revelation now is a bit unnecessary. It's a bit late and it's just the sort of final word you don't want. "Oh all the gay people are going to be happy and the church will hate Rowling more etc." but that's not what Harry Potter's about!
i agree that it's unnecessary.
i mean, after all, it was not who dumbledore loved that was important but the fact that he loved and encouraged others to do the same.

MaNiElla

HSC
N/A

I just saw this pic today, and its kinda sad to see Dumbledore added to that list with all those crappy characters :\

lilymad

HSC
Dumbledore gay??

What do all you Harry Potter fans think about JK. Rowling revealing that Dumbledore is gay? good, bad, surprised, suspected...???

lisajf

C'est la vie
HSC
OKay this totaly pissed me off that JKR saw i necessary to anounce this useless piece of information. What the fuck? Is she just a headline hogger because i think it is totally irrelavant to the series and Dumbledores character. It for me, was totally unexpected because it has NOTHING whatsoever to do with the plot. Im beginning to dislike JKR. If it was importnt to the plot then fine hooray for Dumbledore but its not!!!! It annoys me how we are findng out all this shit about the character when she has finished the series!! WHY DIDNT SHE JUST WRITE IT IN THE FUCKING EPILGOUE! we had to find out about characters through interviews!!!! GR

DownInFlames

Token Member
where I spend the vast majority of my time
HSC
Re: Dumbledore gay??

The_highwayman said:
i find it so sad that, to many people, homosexuality is synonymous to pedophilia.
...and that, today, if a male teacher touches a student on the shoulder it will take about three seconds for them to be put on probation for sexual harassment. If a female teacher does same, it will be seen as a motherly expression of confidence in the student.

Although... Harry was of age by the last novel... so technically...

Omie Jay

gone
HSC

DownInFlames said:
Plus it makes Dumbledore's intentions in forming a strong attatchment to Harry questionable.
Im pretty sure that Ron was actually Dumbledore's favourite...
...watever turns him on...

ChrissyGirl2007

Vivimus Vivamus
HSC

well basically i think her idea is.. "well i've made all the money and the series is over.. i don't really care what i say about the characters now.. i might make the news a bit more often if i make up crazy answers and shocking revelations."

lilymad

HSC

I've read the books SOOOOOO many times and the thought of Dumbledore being gay never even crossed my mind...i don't reckon JK Rowling you should have told everyone...she should have left it open for speculation or something. And AS IF Dumbledore is a paedophile. NO WAY!!

http://www.the-leaky-cauldron.org/2...neville-marries-hannah-abbott-and-scores-more

That's the link to the interview...Neville marries Hannah Abbott...yay!!

HSC

DownInFlames said:
...and that, today, if a male teacher touches a student on the shoulder it will take about three seconds for them to be put on probation for sexual harassment. If a female teacher does same, it will be seen as a motherly expression of confidence in the student.

Although... Harry was of age by the last novel... so technically...
Dumbledore was also dead by the last novel :p

I don't think this is just JK grabbing for headlines - she has always given me the impression that she has a _lot_ of backstory that doesn't get revealed in the novels. I also don't see why people are criticising the reveal as being "irrelevent" - of course its irrelevent to the story, but HP fans love irrelevent info about the characters. (eg Neville marrying Hannah Abbott)

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC

She hinted at it from the first chapter of PS, he wore high heel boots and purple cloaks ffs

EDIT: The only downside I can see to this revelation is people dressing up as the poor guy at the Mardi Gras :D

MaNiElla

HSC
N/A

lilymad said:
What do all you Harry Potter fans think about JK. Rowling revealing that Dumbledore is gay? good, bad, surprised, suspected...???
Thats what i think: :bomb: :burn: :mad1: :mad: :( :(

Captain Gh3y said:
She hinted at it from the first chapter of PS, he wore high heel boots and purple cloaks ffs

Lol, But she clearly made it obvious that all wizard guys dress up in a weird way, especially when they try to blend in with normal people, it wasnt only Dumbledore :eek:

MaNiElla

HSC
N/A
Schroedinger said:
Because the Epilogue and the final book was a hurried piece of shit and she's trying to milk her failings for all they're worth.
Quoted For The Bloody Truth!!

lisajf

C'est la vie
HSC
I do think that the last book was good ut you could tell it was rushed and i have said b4 on this forum that its disappointing bla bla bla. But the ideas and concepts were good. She just needed to spend more time on it. Damn her greedyness!!

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
lisajf said:
I do think that the last book was good ut you could tell it was rushed and i have said b4 on this forum that its disappointing bla bla bla. But the ideas and concepts were good. She just needed to spend more time on it. Damn her greedyness!!
You mean her reader's "greedyness"

If she had given it another year the book would've been much better but her readership would've lambasted her for taking so long.

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC

meh doesnt much change the books if at all. All it changes is how i will read that bit about him and grindlewald.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)