HARRY POTTER & the goblet of fire!! (1 Viewer)

J

jhakka

Sarah168 said:
how good was ralph fiennes without a nose? haha
Was I the only one who was reminded of Alien while he was regenerating?

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
jhakka said:
Was I the only one who was reminded of Alien while he was regenerating?
which part? I studied alien in yr 11 and wasn't really reminded of it in any way..

in reply to whoever said voldemort pranced abit lol. I agree he did do abit too much twirling about hehe

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
wow. at first i was a bit annoyed with it because it kept jumping around - first to what looked like a death eater in a graveyard (who the hell would want THAT on their tombstone??), then to the world cup, where i was all set to watch a great game - but it went straight to the group prancing around in their tent. hmmph.

i also didn't like dumbledore. i disliked him in the third movie and even more in this one. gambon just isn't right for the role, unlike richard harris :( in the books he is lovable, kind but firm - in the movies gambon portrays him as a fierce and well, not lovable.

but apart from that and the whole "okay we don't have enough time so we'll just assume everyone's read the book and knows what's going to happen next" attitude, i really enjoyed it.

LOVED the scene in the prefect's bathroom, where harry kept piling soap suds to cover his nether regions! JKR touches on it in the books but i loved how they did it here. also loved the weasleys, as usual. i didn't mind that they chopped out some bits like the house elves and the blast-ended screwts, i understood why they cut it out. (i'm not really big on house-elves, anyway :p)

the draco-bouncing-ferret scene was okay - i thought he actually BOUNCED in the book? oh well. voldemort was more energetic than i'd imagined, and i thought wormtail would've made a LOT more noise when he chopped his own hand off :p however, i have to agree with cassie clair with what she wrote:

"The scene in the graveyard was well-done, but nothing was as amazing as the scene where Harry Portkeys back to the Tournament gripping the Cup in one hand and wailing with grief over Cedric's dead body. That scene really shows you, as the movies so often somehow don't, what film can give you that the books can't: the slowly dawning horror on the faces of the watching spectators; Fleur's sudden scream, Amos' cheering breaking down into heartbreak, and above all a real look at Harry from outside himself - he's so small, so shattered and broken-down, yet so brave. If I were going to see the movie again, it'd be for that scene."

that was heartbreaking. and it shows us that daniel radcliffe's acting has definitely improved!!

more later if i can think of it :p

PaleReflection

i can teach you
HSC
Reading that LJ review, and the comment the girl made about interracial relationships in HP, reminded me of the part where Fred asks Angelina to the ball. It was perfect.

Who loved it too?

anita_wax

tehnaz
HSC
i HATED THE START.
misses sooo much, and jumps around.
who the fuck goes walking early morning to a portkey "where are we going?" then to finally get there and its like welcome to quidditch world cup! thats what its made out like to people who havent read it.

very dissapointed with the whole hermione not finding rita skeeter as a beetle...
although i do say they picked a good person for rita's role.

hated how they missed out on harry in the trick stair scene. NO DOBBY. neville u poof, taking away dobby's pride. (im assuming they didn't want to waste an extra $5 on animating winky and dobby...)
I WANTED TO SEE THE WEASLEY/DURSLEY BIT :(

BOOOOOOOOO

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
PaleReflection said:
Reading that LJ review, and the comment the girl made about interracial relationships in HP, reminded me of the part where Fred asks Angelina to the ball. It was perfect.

Who loved it too?
i loved it. esp when ron tried to do the same and was making those "im dancing" arm motions

why was snape flapping them on the head randomly? i was confused

PaleReflection

i can teach you
HSC
anita_wax said:
very dissapointed with the whole hermione not finding rita skeeter as a beetle...
I know!!! And they cut out Hermione trapping Rita in a jar at the end, which I thought was important as it showed that Hermione isn't some ultra perfect, righteous Mary Sue... she can actually do something pretty evil.

anita_wax said:
I WANTED TO SEE THE WEASLEY/DURSLEY BIT :(

BOOOOOOOOO
Ton-tongue toffees!!!

Sarah168 said:
why was snape flapping them on the head randomly? i was confused
I assume it was meant to bring some comedy into the film, although all I could think about was how out of character they made Snape.

PaleReflection

i can teach you
HSC
omfg, i just realised

in the moody classroom scene where he demonstrates the unforgivable curses, they set up the whole neville's-parents-being-sent-mad-by-the-cruciatus-curse thing by showing neville's horror at what's happening, and they NEVER FOLLOW THROUGH!

what was the point of showing neville's shock if they aren't going to explain why he reacted like that?

Lainee

HSC
Ahhh I just saw it today, just got home actually. Let me just sum it up by saying... I LOVED it!

There were the odd annoyances that some people mentioned already.

BUT on the flip side! OMG hotness was running rampant!!!

#1. The Harry-Bathscene (as it shall now be henceforth known) made me think 'Why am I suddenly attracted to Harry?' :p Harry's been working out apparently - that boy has a six-pack!

#2. The actor playing Cedric - Robert Pattison - is amazingly pretty!!! *falls off movie seat* Oooh the bone structure on that boy! People are saying he's the next Jude Law, but he reminds me of Brad Pitt (the prettiness!).

Just to illustrate:

Last edited:

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
i think they kinda did explain it... when hazza went into the pensieve(sp) and karkaroff tattles on everyone he mentions barty crouch jr and how he tortured longbottoms

It's what I want that's easy. It's getting it that
HSC
PaleReflection said:
omfg, i just realised

in the moody classroom scene where he demonstrates the unforgivable curses, they set up the whole neville's-parents-being-sent-mad-by-the-cruciatus-curse thing by showing neville's horror at what's happening, and they NEVER FOLLOW THROUGH!

what was the point of showing neville's shock if they aren't going to explain why he reacted like that?
You find out more about his parents in the next film when they go to St. Mungo's

PaleReflection

i can teach you
HSC
I must've missed it then. But that reminds me of how they combined Dumbledore's two separate memories into one. In not showing two different trials, they cut out Crouch Jr's claims of innocence and our first introduction to BELLATRIX! I would've like to see her.

Why the hell was Barty Crouch Jr there during Karkaroff's trial, anyway?

PaleReflection

i can teach you
HSC
The_highwayman said:
You find out more about his parents in the next film when they go to St. Mungo's
Yeah I know, but I still reckon they should have explained it more in this film

PaleReflection

i can teach you
HSC
Komaticom said:
Either he's been working out or someone waved a wand and summoned special effects.

Remeber in Spiderman 1, when Peter gets bitten and falls unconscious on his bedroom floor, he starts off being pale skinny then 5 minutes later he's got tanned, hefty man-boobs and an 8 pack. Special effects I say.
No way, all that strenuous Quidditch training has developed Harry's manly physique!

It's what I want that's easy. It's getting it that
HSC
i like this:

In sum, as Holly said on leaving the theater, if she hadn't read the books she would have assumed from the film that Harry and Hermione were going to get together, that Neville and Ginny were going to get together, and that Ron was gay. (His love for Krum, his admiration of Cedric, the deep and meaningful glances that are exchanged by Harry and Ron - this movie was all about the Harry and Ron. George and Fred even gave them thoughtful space so they could make up after their spat. :D)
It's all true!!! LOL

RanyofuBrogan?

HSC
N/A
Komaticom said:
Either he's been working out or someone waved a wand and summoned special effects.

Remeber in Spiderman 1, when Peter gets bitten and falls unconscious on his bedroom floor, he starts off being pale skinny then 5 minutes later he's got tanned, hefty man-boobs and an 8 pack. Special effects I say.
Don't ruin their fantasies, the rabid fangirls will kill us all!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)