HARRY POTTER & the goblet of fire!! (1 Viewer)

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
there was no way they would put the archie scene. They cut out even bigger stuff so archie and his "preferences" can't be in it. It would've been funny though. I was hoping for abit more pre-hogwarts scenes.

klh

HSC
sigh...yes i know....but i read it yesterday and having forgot all aobut Archie i lol...well im gonna watch it tomorrow so ya. thanks

Sydney, Australia, Earth, Milky Way...............
HSC
persephone said:
That whole bathroom scene... I was dying of laughter as he kept trying to sweep the bubbles closer to him. And having Moaning Myrtle in the bath with him ... and she was underwater with him too. He was on Sunrise talking about the bathroom scene apparently....
**cracks up laughing** oh yeah...I was squealing and giggling throughout that whole scene, and my poor friend was grabbing/poking/shaking me in order to try and shut me up. We may even have to see the movie again just because I've ruined his experience...**sigh, I wish**

Edge_Head

Glavenopolis
HSC
What was the deal with the 2nd task, when they were able to do spells underwater?
And were they in class with Snape? i thought not, but my friend thinks so. Anyone able to confirm?
Overall it was good, i will prob see it again:)

drynxz

I..solated..ated..ated
HSC
the movie itself was pretty alright, but i didnt like the plot jumping...too much jumping...was looking forward to the world cup

"let the match begin!!...and it was over"

Mrs.McDreamy

stalker inc. president
HSC
I thought it was the best effort to make the books into a decent movie so far. This is the only one that I have enjoyed.
I do think that the ending was kind of an anti-climax. I couldn't get into the moment. The whole graveyeard thing wasn't done well, and I thought they should have made it alot sadder when Cedric dies.
Oh and I hated the angsty whingy tone about half way through, it was kinda funny and cute, but it really got on my nerves.
All in all though, not a bad effort.

SharkBait

HSC
i thought the movie was pretty well done...considering how much detail they had to leave out, so they did a decent job. im sure if we saw every single thing that happened in the book, we'd be 1) bored 2) tired 3) needing to pee.
and i esp thought cedric was NIIIIICE. haha. he was hot. so, the fact he died was extra sad for me. lol. and cho chang was alrite. i mean, considering how much expectation was bestowed on her, she did a good job.
one thing tho, wots wit the long hair wit the guys in the movie? harry had long hair, ron, and his twin brothers had it...it was like a trend or sumfin. lol.
overall, enjoyed it heaps...now i've to read the 5th book b4 the film comes out. darn.

wizard146

HSC
Edge_Head said:
And were they in class with Snape? i thought not, but my friend thinks so. Anyone able to confirm?
No, they were in prep (what British boarding schools refer to homework time as). That's why there were so many people in the one room, all sitting at benches and all working but with no teacher teaching. You see prep time in the CoS movie too but it's not so strict and there seems to be no supervising teacher.
Traditionally British boarding schools are very strict during prep time- no talking, moving, noises etc., so that explains Snape's actions.

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
id just like to say that i have rarely seen such atrocious acting as what i saw this evening from the previously acceptable emma watson. she should be fired.

not that its really all that relevant, but i have recently been turned down from drama school. when you suffer rejection at the hands of more able performers and then turn the tv or film on to see horrible, artificial, melodramatic acting, it sinks your heart.

aaanyway...

i was quite pleasantly surprised with harry as was i with the rest of the ensemble, all except that fucking twat hermione.

p.s. i saw the preview for narnia and i think i am in love with tilda swinton...

PaleReflection

i can teach you
HSC
AlleyCat said:
id just like to say that i have rarely seen such atrocious acting as what i saw this evening from the previously acceptable emma watson. she should be fired.
The scene where she screamed at Ron "you've ruined everything!" and then collapsed on the steps was horrible. I agree, Emma Watson is a twat.

Gummy_bear

HSC
I suppose in some cases the movie would be better if you havnt read the book? you wouldnt have such high expectations.
i havnt seen it yet, my pop wants me to see it with him, hes 80 and loves harry potter, so cute. But im a bit worried that he will talk about the bad stuff during hte movie, as old people sometimes do. but im not too worried, as he will be paying for my ticket, and i hardley get to spend time with him, so it will be good. i dont even care if people i know see me with him, hes my pop and i love him :)

anyway, im also a bit worried about the end with cedric dying, my pop cried during finding neverland as did i.

but i think i will be most dissapointed about the elves not being there, i really love them, esspecially after reading the latest book with dobby fighting kreacher and being so will to help harry "i didnt not sleep harry potter, not at all" lol. (sorry if some people havnt read it, its not that much of a spoiler is it?)

At least after reading this, i know what to expect in terms of what they've left out, and i havnt read the book in a while so hopefully i wont keep refering back to it to make judjements.

and that is the end of my long post :)

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Saw it, wasnt too bad, though there were quite a few things i didnt get since i havent read the books nor watched any other of the films apart from chamber rofl.

one thing though, cedric got pwned

Ellie-Bee

HSC
Saw this on Friday night, really liked it. I was hating the previous films but I'm so glad that this one was darker and a bit more scary (hence the M rating). But yeah, totally recommend!
Cedric was my favourite character, sigh.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)