HARRY POTTER & the goblet of fire!! (1 Viewer)

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
Movie_Guy said:
Serious ? I tought Emma Watson was easily the best in this film and she has easily been the best in all the others. She's got a future. Daniel Radcliffe is absolutely awful though........almost every scene of his was pretty close to dreadul.
oh my god! you cannot honestly say that she was good in this film. if it were a film by itself and not part of a series, any director worth his salt would have fired her after the first day. in fact, all the child actors were terrible up until this film, when harry grew balls and ron cleverly mastered facial expression comedy.

its so much more noticeable when you see the novices beside gary oldman, dame maggie smith, and the rest.

but hermione is by far the worst, and this coming from someone who thought she had potential earlier in the series.

beccaxx

surprised things change
HSC
AlleyCat said:
oh my god! you cannot honestly say that she was good in this film. if it were a film by itself and not part of a series, any director worth his salt would have fired her after the first day. in fact, all the child actors were terrible up until this film, when harry grew balls and ron cleverly mastered facial expression comedy.

its so much more noticeable when you see the novices beside gary oldman, dame maggie smith, and the rest.

but hermione is by far the worst, and this coming from someone who thought she had potential earlier in the series.
yeh, i havent seen it yet but ive heard she went down hill too.

SharkBait

HSC
yeah...i'd agree wit dumbledore being just a bit ova the top, so he was the wise sage person we imagine in our heads when reading the book. gotta say, proly will neva imagine him as the wise sage now, thanks to this movie. *roll eyes*
emma was ok, daniel was ok, ron was ok...and by ok, i really mean...below average for a proper actor/actress. cedric is MAJORLY HOT, so i can overlook his deficiency in acting. cho chang was pretty....but too lil lines....and not enuf facial expression.
despite all these, i actually enjoyed this movie. haha. incredible, eh?

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
SharkBait said:
yeah...i'd agree wit dumbledore being just a bit ova the top, so he was the wise sage person we imagine in our heads when reading the book. gotta say, proly will neva imagine him as the wise sage now, thanks to this movie. *roll eyes*
emma was ok, daniel was ok, ron was ok...and by ok, i really mean...below average for a proper actor/actress. cedric is MAJORLY HOT, so i can overlook his deficiency in acting. cho chang was pretty....but too lil lines....and not enuf facial expression.
despite all these, i actually enjoyed this movie. haha. incredible, eh?
i always pictured dumbledore as a brilliant prankster, with a quirky sense of humour. never the wise sage

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
AlleyCat said:
agreed.
her eyebrows... oh god the eyebrows. they had a mind of their own.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
crazyhomo said:
i always pictured dumbledore as a brilliant prankster, with a quirky sense of humour. never the wise sage
i thought of him as a mixture of both. The wise sage mixed with quirky humour and alot of "eye twinkling" yet still with an air of power and authority.

this dumbledore hits the mark sometimes when he is calm but most of the time is acting his socks off. It's annoying

klh

HSC
just watched it today! yay!
gotta say the [big] niggles were the plot changes but i enjoyed it all the same....loved the myrtle scene, soo funny. And about how dumbledore pushes him...i overlooked that, but You know who...not as evil sounding [his voice, btw how do you make it high and cold sounding? hard actually] and i felt the scene after Cedric and things start to go too quickly and then Harry is sorta happy with his friends.
I'd also agree that if i was an outsider, i'd think that Hermione was with Harry and I would be terribly confised how everythign went...
and no quidditch was so sucky.
nevertheless it was quite a good movie and enjoyed it...the score music very good and Cho Chang! *wolf whistles* she looks better in the film...and what happeend to Veelas :(
sigh...i wish it was a bit longer to accomodate things more though, but after the movie i felt very good about the movie.

klh

HSC
but they dont transform into what we think is beautiful...

anyway, do you know when they will offer the DVD...i want to watch it again...

koukla

executive member... SMRT
HSC
i was honestly disapointed, they cut sooo much out and didnt really focus on anything, just skimed over SOME of the story line. GoF is my favourite book, but the movie wasnt good at all

and Emma's acting is quite bad, however for the first time in GoF i thought she showed emotion ONCE when she screamed she wasnt an owl to Harry. but being 'upset' at Ron at the yule ball was so pathetic!

PaleReflection

i can teach you
HSC
The_highwayman said:
Veelas would be hard to make considering different people find different characteristics attractive.
I thought the idea with veelas is that they're supposed to embody stereotypical perfection - the long blonde hair, pretty face, slim body - that most people find attractive. Combine this with whatever magical powers they hold (which are the more important factor), they become irresistable to most men.

klh

HSC
the worst thing i believe is Barty Crouch Jnr...his role was so fucked up. I mean harry saw him in reccuring dreams? he was told on by karkaroff and caught in the court? i mena why was he in the court? he was supposed to be with bellatrix [who was th actual person to do crucio] and not to say he did it...and Crouch Snr sounded too much a pussy..he was supposed to go mad aobtu teh dark mark and Cedrics dad is too cheerful and not boastful as he is in the books....plus teh licking/tongue thing he does was too obvious and dumbledores comment abotu finding a little thing that he was looking for a clue...
bah the acting was ok, which is standard, but it was still comical at times. I mean Harry's [Daniels] eye/brows dont move much....
Ah i am raving...teh dissatisfaction is creeping in now...

jeremiahk

HSC
Nah its ok, Crouch was a fucking Pussy with a capital P in that. I always thought he was meant to be badass.

sunjet

Hip-Hop Saved My Life
HSC
fleur + hermione for the win. ginny and the asian girl were ugly :|

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)