HARRY POTTER & THE HBP - what did you think? (SPOILERS!) (1 Viewer)

It's what I want that's easy. It's getting it that
HSC
Logain said:
HARRY SUCKS. As a wizard, I mean. What a pansy. "Oh Harry, you can love!" As a reader, I don't want Harry to love, I want him to kickass. The best part of the book (appart from Luna's Quidditch commentary) was Harry beating the shit out of Draco with Sectum Sempra. I want Harry to be as good as people like his father at school.. but Snape was right at the start... he really is a very mediocre wizard. I sincerely hope in the next book he just focuses on his D.A.D.A skills and starts learning really kickass spells and hexes, because if he can get every one of his jinxes repelled by Snape with ease, how is he going to fight the GREATEST WIZARD OF ALL TIME (now that Dumbledore carked it).
I 100% agree with this Logain. I thought it was great when Malfoy was sorta sliced into strips...book 7 needs more of this sort of action rather than the sappy 'love' aspect as well as the ron/hermione thing. It will be that sort of powerful magic, not the 'love', that will make book 7 a truly mind-blowing read...i hope i am not let down.

Plebeian

Unfortunately, I don't think it will. Harry is simply not good enough to be able to defeat Voldemort with magic alone. It's going to involve some random thing to do with love and friendship, possibly the fact that Snape, Pettigrew and Malfoy all in a way owe something to the forgiveness of Harry or Dumbledore, or the fact that Harry, Hermione and Ron have the three different kinds of Ollivander wand cores (dragon heartstring, phoenix feather and unicorn hair), as acknowledged by JKR. Why do you think JKR would bother to begin all these love plots eg. Tonks and Lupin if they weren't going anywhere?

Btw in Book 5 (p108) I think Harry and friends find an unopenable locket in 12 Grimmauld Place, this seems like the Horcrux to me. RAB only said he was going to try to destroy it but remember he wasn't a very good wizard.

My bet is that Harry himself will not find and destroy all the Horcruxes without help (I mean help beyond Ron and Hermione), there will be some reason that people from other Houses need to get involved (eg., perhaps Malfoy for Slytherin's necklace) which may be where the "we have part-allies on Voldemort's side" might pay off for the Order.

Last edited by a moderator:

shortie_689

HSC
although i really loved the book i was disappointed with the length i felt that it was far too short for all the information that was needed and i also really didnt like the ending it was really abrupt it was like bang end of story i didnt like that but I did love the book don't get me wrong

BillyMak

Silent majority
HSC
If Harry is one of the horcruxes, that would certainly explain how Harry was having visions in his dreams (OoTP) of Nagani, they would both have part of Voldemort's soul.

Generator

HSC
N/A
7 is just 'the' magic number in general.

It wasn't a bad read. I would have to say that Snape is still on the side of the light in the greater scheme of things, but I guess that time (well, book 7) will tell.

Last edited:

BillyMak

Silent majority
HSC
Argonaut said:
This has already been covered ... Harry can't be a Horcrux because the first time Voldemort laid eyes on him was when the killing curse backfired.
Yes, but we don't know how a horcrux is made. If, when failing to kill Harry, Voldemort put part of himself into Harry (gave him abilities such as being a Parselmouth), why isn't it possible that he put part of his soul into him, and in doing so made him a horcrux?

still waiting

HSC
OMG i sat down this arvo and read the book i just finished and i couldnt believe they killed him!!!
and the worst thing is well have to wait ages for the next one to come out......

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
havnt read posts in this thread lately but i have to say... its bloody outrageous...
and how was everyones day?

still waiting

HSC
good besides the fact i finished and it was heaps sad......
its so obvious that at the end of the series ron and hermione will be together as will i think harry and ginny unusual but u always knew she liked him....

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
i still think rons a homo... next book will reveal it...
does anyone think harry will end up with a sexy ladi next book?
i got a feeling dirty harry is gonna die and voldemort will win...

persephone

HSC
Orange Juice said:
i still think rons a homo... next book will reveal it...
does anyone think harry will end up with a sexy ladi next book?
i got a feeling dirty harry is gonna die and voldemort will win...
Ron being gay would solve everything... then things can go back to normal. Ron being an outsider and Harry and Hermione being all cutesy.

imsooverskool

theres a fire in my pants
HSC
nup, there is noway that JKR will leave Voldermort alive and victorious, remember she is a childrens authour, there will be a happy ending all round. That being said, i think that Harry is definetly going to die in the last, along with Voldermort. Then we will have Ron, who i also suspect is gay, and Hermione mourning Harry but in a shmaltsy way where the heroism and bravey of Harry. Btw, i also think that Harry is a pussy and a mediocre wizard- i'd like him to become a kickass, badass motherfucker in the next book

transcendent

HSC
N/A
i was up to page 5 of this thread and you people bitching about the relationships thing are really pissing me off. the Tonks/Lupin thing was necessary cause i suspected Tonks of possible foul play cause she was acting all weird. how can you people not suspect Snape. that arsehole! i knew that faggot was sucking Voldermorts' cock!

transcendent

HSC
N/A
Professor Albus Dumbledore: 'You have no idea of the remorse Professor Snape felt when he realised how Lord Voldemort had interpreted the prophesy, Harry. I believe it to be the greatest regret of his life and the reason that he returned -'

Harry Potter: 'Professor... how can you be sure Snape's on our side?'

Professor Albus Dumbledore: 'I am sure. I trust Severus Snape completely.'

Trust him to his deathbed. You old fool.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)