HARRY POTTER & THE HBP - what did you think? (SPOILERS!) (1 Viewer)

sunjet

Hip-Hop Saved My Life
HSC
I want new book dammit, will have to read ootp after trials again

funniboi

HSC
hate to say it, but i reckon snapes a good guy. gut feeling i guess.

but im kinda thinking why snapes parents passed down a 6th year potions book to snape, for him to use, when ron's family, being poor (or once being poor), didn't even pass down a 6th year potions book to ron (and note, bill, percy, and charlie, both finished at hogwarts i think, and then his parents as well, so there's gotta be atlesat 1 book lyin around somehwere) ? o_O

because obvioiously snapes mother had to pass the book down to snape to make it 50 years old and for snape to be the hbp, because harry thought it was his dad, but it couldn't be since it was 50 years old. so yeah. just thinking its kinda weird.. :/

mrbassman

0.38 posts per day...meh
HSC
funniboi said:
hate to say it, but i reckon snapes a good guy. gut feeling i guess.

but im kinda thinking why snapes parents passed down a 6th year potions book to snape, for him to use, when ron's family, being poor (or once being poor), didn't even pass down a 6th year potions book to ron (and note, bill, percy, and charlie, both finished at hogwarts i think, and then his parents as well, so there's gotta be atlesat 1 book lyin around somehwere) ? o_O

because obvioiously snapes mother had to pass the book down to snape to make it 50 years old and for snape to be the hbp, because harry thought it was his dad, but it couldn't be since it was 50 years old. so yeah. just thinking its kinda weird.. :/
good point about the 50 years.
about the weasleys book, dont you think fred and george would have trashed it? the kind of things they were making im sure any book they had probly got destroyed

Last edited:

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
sunjet said:
I want new book dammit, will have to read ootp after trials again
Im reading OOTP :( i love it. It seems like im part of a strict minority who love OOTP though...

nuclear chick

HSC
I personally think Snape wants the best of both worlds- to be on Dumbledore's good side and Voldemort's good side so then whichever side wins the war, Snape is no worse off. Of course, in killing Dumbledore, he has now disgraced himself to both sides: the Order hasn't got anyone to spy on the Death Eaters, and won't have him back, and the Death Eaters don't have anyone to spy on the Order for them (because the Order won't exactly welcome him back with open arms).
Just a theory anyway.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
goan_crazy said:
what would u rate it out of 10?
hmmmm maybe an 8/10? i can read any part of that book without being bored, thats mainly why i like it so much. the 3rd book is my next favourite

scoby_2000

HSC
nuclear chick said:
I personally think Snape wants the best of both worlds- to be on Dumbledore's good side and Voldemort's good side so then whichever side wins the war, Snape is no worse off. Of course, in killing Dumbledore, he has now disgraced himself to both sides: the Order hasn't got anyone to spy on the Death Eaters, and won't have him back, and the Death Eaters don't have anyone to spy on the Order for them (because the Order won't exactly welcome him back with open arms).
Just a theory anyway.
bets are that next book the order falls apart...leaving the only thing stopping voldermort.....Harry..... (my bets anyway)

i dont think that characters will be on "both sides" its too LOTR i reckon (e.g. Bilbo, Boromir) ...i think JKR will find something completely abstract and work with it and it will be THAT, that at the end of the day....is the reason we love harry potter (the book...not the character....i kind of hate him alot) so much!

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
why did Dumbledore give Snape DADA as a teaching post? there must be something in that, as there was brief mention in the book that Dumbledore didnt want him 2 have it previously in case he got 2 deep,

but maybe he got it so A) harry could continue 2 do potions and B) Snape could watch over harry as maybe he has 2 do

because even tho snape couldnt kill harry on Voldermort's orders, surely he could have easily enuf just disarmed him/captured him, and taken him with him back to LV

Meldrum

Banned
HSC
Maybe he knew that Snape would want to punish Harry through DADA by teaching him bullshit spells. So, now that Dumbledore was privately tutoring Harry, the boy-wonder wouldn't be suseptable to Snape's meddling?

still waiting

HSC
Argonaut said:
He was teaching Harry something far more important. He was trying to get Harry to understand Voldemort's motives so that when the time comes, Harry won't underestimate the Dark Lord.
yeh i no i just meant that in relation to the snape thing about not being susceptible to his meddling......

scoby_2000

HSC
or maybe guys....Dumbledore knew all this would happen.....maybe he saw it....

and he knew what he had to do...sacrificed his life for Harry....

but people!!! what is with the gold frame?!?!

sunjet

Hip-Hop Saved My Life
HSC
I think he did know about it. That divination teacher knew about "lightning struck tower" and maybe she told dumbledore that's why he didnt want to see her(yes, i know she wanted that centuar teacher gone), but still..

dumbledore would of known or would of been smarter about snape even though JK Rowling said "i make bigger mistakes" thing

scoby_2000

HSC
Argonaut said:
For his portrait? Perhaps it's because he was the most powerful wizard ever and the most respected Headmaster of Hogwarts???

hmmm.....*ponders idea in a wise way - just like.....just .....just like .... DUMBLEDORE WOULD OF DONE!!! * *starts to cry*

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
and howcome they didnt wake up dumbledore's portrait and speak 2 him!

It's what I want that's easy. It's getting it that
HSC
Argonaut said:
I've noticed JK Rowling gets better the more she writes
i was looking at the other books yesterday and thought to myself, 'it is such a shame that the first three books are so short. I mean, think about how much more she could have put in them, how much more complex the story could have become...if only she was a better writer at the start"

I agree with you, her writing style has somewhat matured as the series progresses

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)