Harry's Education Centre? (1 Viewer)

jules.09

HSC
I was wondering about this place called Harry's Education Centre located in Hurstville.

The courses I'm interested in are physics, chemistry and math extension 2.

Especially math extension 2.

Anyone who's actually attended or currently attending that can give some feedback/tutoring reviews about how the teachers are, what kind of materials they give you, if they check your homework and give you past papers frequently, that kind of jazz.

Thanks. :)

wantingtoknow

HSC
N/A
Lol, they are really lenient with homework. You don't get in trouble for not doing it. If you're someone like me and don't do homework unless forced to, Dr Du will be more suitable for you.

tom0609

HSC
jules.09 said:
I was wondering about this place called Harry's Education Centre located in Hurstville.

The courses I'm interested in are physics, chemistry and math extension 2.

Especially math extension 2.

Anyone who's actually attended or currently attending that can give some feedback/tutoring reviews about how the teachers are, what kind of materials they give you, if they check your homework and give you past papers frequently, that kind of jazz.

Thanks. :)
The maths is good, esp 3U 4U. Physics guy is great, funny, gives work and answers next week.

farkmedead

HSC
i did 3unit there in year 11, and i also tried doing it at dr du. the homework is "optional" at harrys but compuslory at dr du, but if you want to do well, wouldn't you do your homework either way?

i think that although harry's works at a same pace as dr du i don't feel as if he's just shoving information into me wihtout me understanding. i feel that dr du is VERY much on the economoical side, and is too much about the money. (and is really the miain reason i quit)

i think in harry's you are in a more relaxed situation which is much more suitable for learning. you may disagree because it does make sense to learn in a situation where NO TALKING or ANYTHING happens apart from heads bopping up and down while copying what's on the board. I personally just liked harry''s. I dropped to 2unit in year 12 and got a band 6 in maths, he was really happy with me.

exercises wise, in class that is, dr du will do a few examples, usually very hard ones and go on, while harry will take the time to do MANY EXAMPLES, in fact a whole booklet few, while still managing to be faster than the school curriculum by quite a bit.

lol i sound like i'm advertising for harry's. also i haven't tried science personally, but i tihnk its good?

for english, just incase you're interested, dont go harry's.
dr du is very good for english (helen that is). i had helen she is the best, harry's tutoring is good if you're motivated and have the questions to ask but it's really a waste of money to me.

overall:HARRYS YAY!

yy-d

HSC
is now contemplating dropping du for harry's instead...

fionang8191

HSC
N/A
went to harry's for physics
i love it... the guy was so funny
but then i dropped physics cause i had too many units :(
The guy made physics interesting

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)