Has anyone ever bought a book online before? (1 Viewer)

Planck

Banned
HSC
N/A
Coz one could become a victim of fraud. And it's very common nowadays.
Which you won't be if you buy from a well-established retailer. Oh and if you use a credit card you can always chargeback if there is a problem with the goods and services.

What a luddite way to go in this day and age.

astroe

HSC
Holy ff---
That Book Depository place looks awesome.
Directly comparing the prices with Dymocks online, they're about half off.

I shall use this in the future.

naisAtoN

Awesome Member
HSC
Holy ff---
That Book Depository place looks awesome.
Directly comparing the prices with Dymocks online, they're about half off.

I shall use this in the future.
Dymocks Books is probably one of the biggest rip-offs I've seen. The only time I ever buy from them is when I've been given book vouchers from my school. Everything is ridiculously overpriced.

Used my voucher in the online store a couple of months ago - they said my book should be shipped within a week, then they randomly changed changed that to a month. I contacted them after the month (when it was due to be shipped) was told that "sorry, the suppliers no longer have that book in stock". I was pissed, having bought 2 books in my order and paid for postage together.

I ended up being credited back the money for the book but NOT the half of the postage that should have been used for that book. Most annoying of all though, was that it wasted a month and I was only informed about the "supplier" issue AFTER I CONACTED THEM to enquire about where the frig my book was.

I hope to try out The Book Depository soon though as I've heard only good reviews of the site - plus with how cheap the books are and the free postage, I guess it wouldn't be such an issue if something were to go wrong.

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
BD has raised their prices heaps over the past year. If I look at past books I've bought, some are now 2 to 3 pounds more expensive.

Amazon.com is cheaper, mostly, if you buy a few books at once.

For single books, yeah, BD > any shop in Australia.

Planck

Banned
HSC
N/A
Yeah they have raised their prices recently, but, still.

Wish I lived in the US, I'd subscribe to Prime.

wendybird

HSC
Huge fan of Amazon here - in fact, if you have an american friend, then sign up for Amazon Prime, free shipping and ships in 2 days to a US address, then get the friend to forward the box along to you.

Saves about a hundred dollars in shipping fees (I buy alot).

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
You should also consider getting a US postal box for some sites as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)