Has anyone started their prelims yet? (1 Viewer)

Masaken

Unknown Member
HSC
so jealous, mine was literally all trig :( and then some polynomial stuff which was wayyyy more complex than any of the math in focus polynomials. We had barely any exponential growth/decay, a few inequalities, and literally no calculus. Also like 1 question involving graphing inverse and absolute value functions of polynomials.
Trig is my weakest one (especially the identities) so I'd just fail that paper 😭 only had 2 rates qns and 2 inequalities too <\3

I'm just hoping I get a good mark for this paper, I feel like I messed up the perms and combs qns ;-;. But what's done is done so now I have to study for the rest of my exams

tessa05

HSC
my Bio exam went well, I had like an extra 1 hour to spare, and read over my answers and questions. Id say I didnt overstudy, but I just studied for the right things
wow that's really good omg. what were the hardest question on your test

dsakvyilsa

HSC
Trig is my weakest one (especially the identities) so I'd just fail that paper 😭 only had 2 rates qns and 2 inequalities too <\3

I'm just hoping I get a good mark for this paper, I feel like I messed up the perms and combs qns ;-;. But what's done is done so now I have to study for the rest of my exams
I actually despise the mx1 trig... we had soooo many "show" questions and it's so hard to judge whether your reasoning is actually valid or not sometimes :(

carrotsss

HSC
good luck!!!
It wasn’t too bad, a little easier than I was expecting. I don’t remember everything it included but there was a bit of everything. For a bit of a hint, make sure you know what an allotrope is ;)

fx82au

HSC
what were the hardest question on your test
honestly nothing was hard, you just had to know the content. Just make sure you know how to explain things. I was given a question where I was shown a parc, and needed to describe why the water level decreased using the transpiration-cohesion-tension theory (very ironic as in one of my previous messages i was mocking it). Basically you need to know what something is, what its used for, how it works, and a couple of examples of it working - so you can apply it to any given scenario.

dsakvyilsa

HSC
Had my ex1 exam today 😰 Did minimal prep as I will be dropping the subject and needed to focus on mx1 which was also today. I managed to ramble on for 9 pages, though the question was really awkward and not what I anticipated. It was extremely vague and gave me nothing to work with, and didn't particularly correlate to the way in which the teacher has made us unpack the texts over the duration of the course. I also literally had no quotes and just made some stuff up :cool:

neptoons

HSC
Had my ex1 exam today 😰 Did minimal prep as I will be dropping the subject and needed to focus on mx1 which was also today. I managed to ramble on for 9 pages, though the question was really awkward and not what I anticipated. It was extremely vague and gave me nothing to work with, and didn't particularly correlate to the way in which the teacher has made us unpack the texts over the duration of the course. I also literally had no quotes and just made some stuff up :cool:
i have my ext1 exam today.... haven't memorised anything and planning to do what you did .. heh

dsakvyilsa

HSC
oh damn,,,, how was that?? i hate afternoon exams so much bc then i spend the whole morning freaking out
All my exams (except ex1) were morning exams!!! Chem was decent, not quite as difficult as I expected (my school's prelim chem papers have previously always been crazy difficult, so that was what I was expecting). I don't know how to judge how I went, I answered every question but it's hard to know if my answers were actually correct.......

Now I just have math advanced tomorrow morning, business on monday, and lastly bio on tuesday :)

tessa05

HSC
All my exams (except ex1) were morning exams!!! Chem was decent, not quite as difficult as I expected (my school's prelim chem papers have previously always been crazy difficult, so that was what I was expecting). I don't know how to judge how I went, I answered every question but it's hard to know if my answers were actually correct.......

Now I just have math advanced tomorrow morning, business on monday, and lastly bio on tuesday :)
Yeah I just finished my chem too. I tried every question but I'm not sure if I've used the right formulas for some of them lol.

dsakvyilsa

HSC
Yeah I just finished my chem too. I tried every question but I'm not sure if I've used the right formulas for some of them lol.
bahaha literally me, I was talking to my chemistry friend about the ideal gas formula and she said she didn't even use it and I was like uhhhhh I think we definitely were meant to 😳

tessa05

HSC
bahaha literally me, I was talking to my chemistry friend about the ideal gas formula and she said she didn't even use it and I was like uhhhhh I think we definitely were meant to 😳
oh no I don't think i used it either. there wasn't any particular question that really asked for it unless i didn't read the question properly 😳

carrotsss

HSC
oh damn,,,, how was that?? i hate afternoon exams so much bc then i spend the whole morning freaking out
Ugh same, and I have 3 afternoon exams. And if that isn’t bad enough, afternoon exams mean that the first 40 minutes is constant noise from the juniors outside having lunch and playing basketball, not fun :(

tessa05

HSC
guys im so screwed for bio tomorrow. ive been studying for math adv and chem for so much that i forgot about bio 😭. are there any tips that i should be aware of?

carrotsss

HSC
guys im so screwed for bio tomorrow. ive been studying for math adv and chem for so much that i forgot about bio 😭. are there any tips that i should be aware of?
Don’t have any tips but I’m in the exact same boat for physics, focused way too hard on maths and now I’m facing the consequences 😭

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)