Has anyone started their prelims yet? (2 Viewers)

Masaken

Unknown Member
HSC
I’m not too bad with timed conditions though, for some reason being in the exam hall magically improves my writing ability haha, I’m pretty sure I write better essays in exams than in assignments
it's the fear of not finishing that kicks in 💀

fx82au

HSC
I just find it so hard to find the motivation
Same! But if a 99.95 atar isnt motivation enough, idk what is

I really need to start doing more practice essays
Next term, or possibly in the holidays im gonna start doing practise essays using these questions from thsc, and see if my teacher or peers can mark them

Masaken

Unknown Member
HSC
I always feel so chill in exams until I look at the clock with like 5 minutes left and then freak myself out and everything falls apart 😭
same, i feel like i wrote way more in the last 10 min than i did for the first half of the exam, and the declining quality of my handwriting as the essay progresses is tangible proof 💀

carrotsss

HSC
same, i feel like i wrote way more in the last 10 min than i did for the first half of the exam, and the declining quality of my handwriting as the essay progresses is tangible proof 💀
Aha I’m the opposite, I freak out at the end and while my handwriting goes down the drain I don’t even become faster, just more frantically messy 😖

dsakvyilsa

HSC
it is genuinely so fun to write whatever the hell you want outside of class - both essays but also just fun stories and poetry (i love creative writing to death), i 'steal' stuff from my own original work from the past and use it for schoolwork too occasionally.

a little over 200 kids in my cohort in total, top 10 ranked (it's not smth to be super super proud of though, esp when it was the people in front of you who set that rank, not you/your cohort)
wow! my cohort has like 40 people, probably 15-20 at most that actually consistently attend class though. I don't understand why most of them haven't dropped out yet. They don't want to go to uni, tafe, or to get jobs, so they stay in school hindering everyone else's learning 😒

carrotsss

HSC
Sometimes I feel like NESA set 99.95 as the maximum as a troll in the hopes that someone wouldn’t be told about it and would have their dreams crushed when they miss out on 100 by 0.05

carrotsss

HSC
wow! my cohort has like 40 people, probably 15-20 at most that actually consistently attend class though. I don't understand why most of them haven't dropped out yet. They don't want to go to uni, tafe, or to get jobs, so they stay in school hindering everyone else's learning 😒
Man I’ve heard some horror stories from people who dropped out though…

One kid dropped out to work at maccas, got fired within a week 🤣

dsakvyilsa

HSC
Man I’ve heard some horror stories from people who dropped out though…

One kid dropped out to work at maccas, got fired within a week 🤣
the biggest thing in my cohort was the romanticised illusion of tafe. Many of the people in my year group through years 7-9 were planning to go to tafe in year 10, they all said things like "tafe will be so much better than school", "tafe will be so much more fun". Year 10 rolls around, they all dropped out and went to tafe, they hated it (unsurprisingly), and were enrolled back in school within a month. Now they're still here, dragging the whole cohort down.

There are less than 10 people in my year group who are actually getting an atar 🤦‍♀️

dsakvyilsa

HSC
Yeah, it’s kinda sad tbh. I feel like it would be so unfulfilling living like that, just having such low aspirations in life. I really don’t know why some people bother going to school if they’re not going to try anyways 😕
Exactly, all they care about is their short-term enjoyment; partying and all it's associated "activities" (if yk what I mean), they have never thought about what they're actually going to do with their lives once they can no longer ride off the backs of their parents.... most of them can't even keep a part-time job!

Masaken

Unknown Member
HSC
the biggest thing in my cohort was the romanticised illusion of tafe. Many of the people in my year group through years 7-9 were planning to go to tafe in year 10, they all said things like "tafe will be so much better than school", "tafe will be so much more fun". Year 10 rolls around, they all dropped out and went to tafe, they hated it (unsurprisingly), and were enrolled back in school within a month. Now they're still here, dragging the whole cohort down.

There are less than 10 people in my year group who are actually getting an atar 🤦‍♀️
That actually sucks, I hear the occasional stories from friends who go to schools with these kind of people (I remember being told a certain cohort for a standard subject averaged around 30% in their exams, highest mark was in the 60% range...). It makes me genuinely wonder why they don't put in the effort to try

dsakvyilsa

HSC
That actually sucks, I hear the occasional stories from friends who go to schools with these kind of people (I remember being told a certain cohort for a standard subject averaged around 30% in their exams, highest mark was in the 60% range...). It makes me genuinely wonder why they don't put in the effort to try
I can predict that many of the classes in my year group will be achieving results like that 😬

carrotsss

HSC
Exactly, all they care about is their short-term enjoyment; partying and all it's associated "activities" (if yk what I mean), they have never thought about what they're actually going to do with their lives once they can no longer ride off the backs of their parents.... most of them can't even keep a part-time job!
The worst ones are the people who do drugs in high school though. Partying is fine, but getting addicted to weed is a bit different. Like dude, you’re 17 and you’re already putting your life into ruins by blatantly obviously doing drugs in the school bathrooms. Gotta wonder how someone ends up like that.

dsakvyilsa

HSC
The worst ones are the people who do drugs in high school though. Partying is fine, but getting addicted to weed is a bit different. Like dude, you’re 17 and you’re already putting your life into ruins by blatantly obviously doing drugs in the school bathrooms. Gotta wonder how someone ends up like that.
Tell me about it, and there are so many of them too, it's kinda saddening tbh. The senior girls bathroom is basically unusable during lunch and recess due to it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)