Has anyone started their prelims yet? (1 Viewer)

Masaken

Unknown Member
HSC
Ugh, yeah, I pretty much had a choice between this, regular sor, 2 unit sor (do they think I’m crazy 💀) or studies in catholic thought (doesn’t count, waste of time).
oh wait what's the difference between 1 and 2? is it content??

Also wow, you got a scholarship and then got into a top 10 school in year 6? Damn I was playing cool maths games and soccer all day back then, you were miles ahead fr
the academic trauma was real and started in year 4 💀 my dad signed me up to a bajillion different maths courses and i had an english tutor that made me grind on those traumatising coroneos books and made me write stuff every single week 💀 then after all the school entrance exams were over i just stopped doing those courses and books and just mucked around for the rest of the year

also rip coolmaths games </3, i still remember playing papa's wingeria and run 3 at the back of my year 8 maths class </3

carrotsss

HSC
oh wait what's the difference between 1 and 2? is it content??
Sor 2 has the same syllabus except with 3 more topics
the academic trauma was real and started in year 4 💀 my dad signed me up to a bajillion different maths courses and i had an english tutor that made me grind on those traumatising coroneos books and made me write stuff every single week 💀 then after all the school entrance exams were over i just stopped doing those courses and books and just mucked around for the rest of the year
In year 4?! 😲

That sounds insane, I haven’t even heard of the coroneos books but I can only imagine having to grind through books like that and go to tutoring when you’re only in primary school, wow. I guess it paid off since you got in such a good school, but that is still very intense for someone of that age…
also rip coolmaths games </3, i still remember playing papa's wingeria and run 3 at the back of my year 8 maths class </3
Fr </3, I still remember all those hours playing duck life, run 2 and papa’s pizzeria, I still go back every now and again for the nostalgia 😢

Masaken

Unknown Member
HSC
That sounds insane, I haven’t even heard of the coroneos books but I can only imagine having to grind through books like that and go to tutoring when you’re only in primary school, wow. I guess it paid off since you got in such a good school, but that is still very intense for someone of that age…
I guess it paid off in a sense, but yeah it was pretty intense. My dad tried to make me go back into that routine again even after all the entrance exams but I ended up not doing it at all haha

Fr </3, I still remember all those hours playing duck life, run 2 and papa’s pizzeria, I still go back every now and again for the nostalgia 😢
oh my god i remember duck life, i think i played the version of the game where the mutant duck became evil and then you as the player had to train your own ducks to defeat the mutant duck, then coolmaths crashed on me one day and my ducks and progress vanished into thin air, and i raged quit permanently 💀. everyone was playing coolmath in class until it got blocked on the school internet (a tragedy) </3

dsakvyilsa

HSC
Aha same, especially for subjects like English, chem and physics where I have no clue how I went, could’ve been anywhere from 50% to 90% for all I know, it’s so hard to judge how well you went in subjects like them, the anxiety is definitely real 😩
Literally exactly how I feel rn, I know I did well in english advanced, but for mx1 and chemistry I have absolutely no clue (emphasis on chemistry)

carrotsss

HSC
oh my god i remember duck life, i think i played the version of the game where the mutant duck became evil and then you as the player had to train your own ducks to defeat the mutant duck, then coolmaths crashed on me one day and my ducks and progress vanished into thin air, and i raged quit permanently 💀. everyone was playing coolmath in class until it got blocked on the school internet (a tragedy) </3
I feel like crashing and losing all your progress was just a part of the games for me, happened so many times haha, but I only really played the first couple games and they were pretty short so I still had a good time

I remember the day they blocked it at my school too, I was so devastated, they finally caught on that they weren’t actually maths games 😭
Literally exactly how I feel rn, I know I did well in english advanced, but for mx1 and chemistry I have absolutely no clue (emphasis on chemistry)
Ugh yeah me too for chemistry, was so annoying because I finished with so long left but I had no idea how to do a few of the questions and honestly just ended up bsing a few questions, especially for the short written responses and multiple choice I just have no clue how I went

Masaken

Unknown Member
HSC
This is getting me stressed out for chem 😭 I have a few more past papers left to do but with the ones I've done it's been a bit... 💀💀

carrotsss

HSC
This is getting me stressed out for chem 😭 I have a few more past papers left to do but with the ones I've done it's been a bit... 💀💀
I was getting like 80% tops on my chem past papers, often less 💀. I only had 20 hours between maths ext and chem though, it was pretty intense 😰

Good luck :D

dsakvyilsa

HSC
I was getting like 80% tops on my chem past papers, often less 💀. I only had 20 hours between maths ext and chem though, it was pretty intense 😰

Good luck :D
I had MX1 Wednesday morning, EX1 Wednesday afternoon, and then chem on the Thursday morning 😭😭😭😭 it was so hectic.

I have already done 5/7 exams though, unlike most of my friends who have only done 3/6 😇😃

carrotsss

HSC
I have already done 5/7 exams though, unlike most of my friends who have only done 3/6 😇😃
I only had 1 exam left when some of my friends had 3 left.. but then they got the last laugh because my exam was the last exam so I had to wait the longest to be able to relax 😭

dsakvyilsa

HSC
I only had 1 exam left when some of my friends had 3 left.. but then they got the last laugh because my exam was the last exam so I had to wait the longest to be able to relax 😭
All my friends do music, which is the very last exam 🥳 I'll be finished a whole day before them. Because of the public holiday on Thursday, all the exams scheduled for that day have been put to Tuesday afternoon, so now a girl I'm sorta friends with has to do bio and physics back-to-back on Tuesday (rip)

carrotsss

HSC
All my friends do music, which is the very last exam 🥳 I'll be finished a whole day before them. Because of the public holiday on Thursday, all the exams scheduled for that day have been put to Tuesday afternoon, so now a girl I'm sorta friends with has to do bio and physics back-to-back on Tuesday (rip)
Wow, that sounds like a pretty intense Tuesday. I’m quite glad I only had one lot of back to back exams, they're quite exhausting. I can only imagine how much worse it would be if you had back to back exams in the actual hsc though…

dsakvyilsa

HSC
Wow, that sounds like a pretty intense Tuesday. I’m quite glad I only had one lot of back to back exams, they're quite exhausting. I can only imagine how much worse it would be if you had back to back exams in the actual hsc though…
I think I would die, at least our subjects are kinda generic, so they should hopefully be pretty spread out 🤞 Although I noticed that for this year's HSC bio and chem are pretty close together (but at least there is a weekend in between)

carrotsss

HSC
I think I would die, at least our subjects are kinda generic, so they should hopefully be pretty spread out 🤞 Although I noticed that for this year's HSC bio and chem are pretty close together (but at least there is a weekend in between)
Yeah I feel like they try to spread out the popular subjects in the hsc, whereas in prelims they just try to get as many exams done as possible as quickly as possible. I wonder how spread out trials will be

Masaken

Unknown Member
HSC
Yeah I feel like they try to spread out the popular subjects in the hsc, whereas in prelims they just try to get as many exams done as possible as quickly as possible. I wonder how spread out trials will be
For trials my school gave everyone sitting a Year 12 subject the trial exam timetable (even if you were in a Year 11 accelerated) and they were all situated over two weeks (of course there were around 2-3 exams going on at the same time during a few mornings), the exams for my subjects were placed like every 1-2 days 💀 , at least the hsc *seems* like it'll be more spread out

HSC
Do you guys have any plans for after prelims/holidays before we officially start year 12? I know I’m going to a concert and spending some well deserved time with some of my mates, and our school is having a retreat while Year 12 does hsc before we actually start year 12 :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)