Has people on the BOS ripping on UWS made you change preferences? (1 Viewer)

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
Ignore them most who bag it out haven't even been there. Stick with UWS once you have formed your own opinion make up your mind whether you want to stay or transfer, its that simple. Don't be swayed by others opinions especially if they know nothing about the uni and really they can't tell you if you will like it or not!

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
Yes.

Cuz like, when I did my HSC, I was tossing up between UNSW and UWS, and I heard that UWS was shit, so I picked UNSW.

WHAT A MISTAKE

Jerruy

HSC
When u need 60 to get into a uws business/commerce degree and 90+ at the big 3 (unsw, usyd, uts), it really makes uws look like...well...shite

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
loser101 said:
there is such a thing as excess supply. a uni need not give away all its places at the expense of quality and standard.
Nah.

You don't need 80+ to have the smarts to pass in science, law, commerce etc..

Evilo

HSC
loser101 said:
there is such a thing as excess supply. a uni need not give away all its places at the expense of quality and standard.
Why don't we make the uai for everything at UWS 95 or higher. Then you can maintain that "quality and high standards" UWS so rightfully deserves :)

EDIT: Please reply with what could be wrong with that statement. I'm not sure if you would understand.

Last edited:

Evilo

HSC
loser101 said:
80 is pretty dumb. sorry. its the truth. UAIs are highly inflated. an 80 in 2007 was like a 65 when the ter was around
true, but keep in mind 80 is the top 20% of the state, UAI 65 is the top 35% of the state. <-- it doesn't change from year to year.

The UAI has increased because more people want to go to uni (not because of peoples increased interlectual ability). Back in the olden days very few people went to university, mainly because they couldn't afford it. therefore there was less demand for universities.

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
Evilo said:
EDIT: Please reply with what could be wrong with that statement.
95 is a laughably low standard, just let anyone with half a brain in. If they want respect, 99+ for all courses, need to maintain a standard yo.

Evilo

HSC
Graney said:
95 is a laughably low standard, just let anyone with half a brain in. If they want respect, 99+ for all courses, need to maintain a standard yo.
lol

~ari

is well hung
HSC
I rip on UWS for no other reason than laughs.
I've actually been there people and it's pretty great ^_^
(and I've only ever been to private schools so if it was shit I'd be the first snob to cry about it)

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
loser101 said:
Pg 13- "University course cut-offs expressed in terms of the UAI will be higher than the corresponding cut-offs expressed in terms of the TER."

"The change to the UAI will not make it easier or more difficult for students to gain a
university place; as the UAIs that students receive will be higher, so too will the UAI
course cut-offs."

Course cutoffs would be significantly lower under a TER system. Courses that are currently 80 would require 70. But I'm sure you already know this.
You fail.

Last edited:
HSC
People ripping on UWS and DFEE and what other things that's been ripped has made me want to apply for tafe instead :)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)