Has people on the BOS ripping on UWS made you change preferences? (1 Viewer)

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
loser101 said:
Has people on the BOS ripping on UWS made you change your preferences to another uni?:cool:
Have you been to UWS? Because I notice you're doing most of the attacking of it, but I hardly think you're in a position to do so if you don't go there.

And before you jump to conclusions: no, I don't go to UWS.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
No... because the only reason people are going to UWS in the first place is because they can't get into anywhere else.

williamc

HSC
No, it just made me realise if i HAD to go to UWS i would proally /myself.

"anything less than 20pgs for a uni extendo gets burnt and sent to UWS with a transfer application for you"

loser101

HSC
ObjectsInSpace said:
Have you been to UWS? Because I notice you're doing most of the attacking of it, but I hardly think you're in a position to do so if you don't go there.

And before you jump to conclusions: no, I don't go to UWS.
Was i ripping into UWS? no.

I was merely asking other people, because I know uni's spend a lot of money on advertising, promotions to get students to come into their university. A university is like any other business.

Well if people do have negative opinions and perceptions of UWS, then UWS somewhere along the line have done something wrong, and needs to change that perception.

Damm i should go do a Marketing Degree (I wouldnt do it at UWS though) and then try help UWS with their image problems. :cool:

williamc

HSC
loser101 said:
Was i ripping into UWS?

Damm i should go do a Marketing Degree (I wouldnt do it at UWS though) and then try help UWS with their image problems. :cool:
Yer because someone with a marketing major could do that...

~ari

is well hung
HSC
So you were so shit and had absolutely no chance at getting into Medicine at UWS. You tried and they wouldn't even give you the time of day so you whinged about it. No one at all took your side so now you rip on the institution you could not even get into.

Enjoy CSU.

loser101

HSC
~ari said:
So you were so shit and had absolutely no chance at getting into Medicine at UWS. You tried and they wouldn't even give you the time of day so you whinged about it. No one at all took your side so now you rip on the institution you could not even get into.

Enjoy CSU.
actually NO, i didnt do my umat this year so i did not apply to med. :hammer:

i'll be doing a year at CSU yes, i may do UMAT and apply next year.

i have no issues with UWS, their med course has bumped its image a few rungs up, but its still pretty low.

~ari

is well hung
HSC
I've already given my 'how to boost UWS rep' advice:

~ari said:
How to transform UWS in 2 steps:

1. Drop Western from the name
2. Make a decent logo - possibly a coat of arms or something not shit.

Result...

+1 Respect
+1 Agility
+1 Speed

UWS has grown to Level 34.
Oh, what's that? UWS is evolving...

...UWS has evolved

loser101

HSC
First and foremost they need to keep the cut-offs inline with other univeristies.

i.e Law degrees a 95
Engineering Degrees at 85
Commerce Degrees at 80
Science Degrees at 80

Instead of having empty seats they allowed anyone with half a brain and a poscode of greater than 2150 into university. They went for short term gain at the expense of long term reputation.

anonymus2003

Bored User
HSC
UWS isnt shit, all universities need accreditation to teach their courses, they cant just teach u bullshit and get away with it, its just that the major demand of courses due to to the age/'accumulated' prestige of the other two universities like USYD/UNSW are far greater, compared to UWS since its only been around for a little while. UWS medical school is very good no doubt they spent 76 million on that faculty alone, any med school is a good school, and to get into any of them is equally competitive.

TheMelissa

God Complex
HSC
anonymus2003 said:
any med school is a good school, and to get into any of them is equally competitive.
I have two words. Bond University. You don't even have to graduate from highschool to get into their MBBS.

Where was I? Ahh- that's right. Someone hand me my gun. If you're stupid enough to let a bunch of idiots on the internet having a laugh sway your university preferences, you belong in a third rate institution.

Oh, did I just imply UWS was a third rate insitution? My bad.

It's actually not that bad, I'm just too sleepy to be objective at the moment. I think I'll go drink some coffee before I come back with my two cents. :p

is a roflcopter
HSC
loser101 said:
First and foremost they need to keep the cut-offs inline with other univeristies.

i.e Law degrees a 95
Engineering Degrees at 85
Commerce Degrees at 80
Science Degrees at 80

Instead of having empty seats they allowed anyone with half a brain and a poscode of greater than 2150 into university. They went for short term gain at the expense of long term reputation.

thats not how uai cut offs work
and even if you manually set uai cutoffs, noone would go

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Newbie said:
thats not how uai cut offs work
and even if you manually set uai cutoffs, noone would go
Higher cut-offs are, however, a desirable goal, as most HSC students (especially the smart ones) consider unis and degrees based on UAI.

Yes, I am fully aware UAI's are based on supply/demand.

Evilo

HSC
loser101 said:
Has people on the BOS ripping on UWS made you change your preferences to another uni?:cool:
if you are so easily influenced by a couple of BOS users then you probably don't have the maturity to go to university anyway.

Stick with your decision and defend it.

one-love

HSC
I chose UWS because it's closer to home.. and the $2000 thing didn't sound bad at all.
2 more years.. and this university thing is over. yay.

loser101

HSC
politik said:
We've been tearing into the University for years, because the only people stupid enough to defend it have been teary-eyed malcontents such as natstar, mel_sc, etc.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supply_and_demand

Read it.
no shit. i hope u dont use wiki as reference for you uni studies.

there is such a thing as excess supply. a uni need not give away all its places at the expense of quality and standard.

UWS do have standards, i.e but it is rather low to the point of laughable

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)