Have any of you ever had a really bad workout? (1 Viewer)

pman

Banned
HSC
actually, i didn't, call me thick but not being a lifter (mainly leg stuff), what you said implies that you were translating between imperial and metric, just forgot to change the system!

Uncle

Banned
HSC
sometime i wonder when i get fucken beefed up at gym
i see why lift 40lbs its too light,
me granny can lift that seriously.

so lighter than 40 kilo.

then i realise a pound is roughly half a kilo.

fuck that.
fitness first.

Uncle

Banned
HSC
sometime i wonder when i get fucken beefed up at gym
i see why lift 40lbs its too light,
me granny can lift that seriously.

so lighter than 40 kilo.

then i realise a pound is roughly half a kilo.

fuck that.
fitness first.

fuck that then im going to pay half price for a unit that is half the metric equiivalent

BreezerD

HSC
actually, i didn't, call me thick but not being a lifter (mainly leg stuff), what you said implies that you were translating between imperial and metric, just forgot to change the system!
well no, because kilograms and grams are both metric. oops.

quik.

HSC
Military press (aka overhead press) is a far better exercise for the shoulders imo. You take a natural stance and move the bar from your collarbone directly above your head in line with your spine.
With no leg drive, if you'd like to be strict about it ^_^

Shoom

HSC
N/A
(10+2.5+2.5+2.5+1.25+1.25)x2=40

Yay, did 40 kilos well today awesome! IMO.

Problem is I can never finish my 21s cause of the bench pressing. ( I do 21s after bench pressing).

Oliver04

HSC
(10+2.5+2.5+2.5+1.25+1.25)x2=40

Yay, did 40 kilos well today awesome! IMO.

Problem is I can never finish my 21s cause of the bench pressing. ( I do 21s after bench pressing).
You really don't eat a thing, do you?

no offence.

Shoom

HSC
N/A
To light ay?

Umm let see, today I ate a sandwich with cheese, ham , salad and I had this meat pastry thing, with some pasta in white sauce with mince meat, 1 cup of creaming of soda, then after the gym I had same sandwich some more pasta.

Shoom

HSC
N/A
BTW, I also ate, 1 egg, 2 banana. 1 protein shake, and some noodles.

Also I do HEAPS more then bench pressing and umm 21s at the gym, the only thing I have trouble finishing are the 21s.

Oliver04

HSC
Dude. You need to eat so much more.
Breeze:

1) Rippetoe is really pedantic about the way you hold the bar in the squat. He says to make sure your wrists are straight (which I find a bitch to do) but I noticed that most powerlifters have bent wrists anyway. Whats your opinion on it?

2) Can you recommend me a good quality powerlifting belt?

BreezerD

HSC
Breeze:

1) Rippetoe is really pedantic about the way you hold the bar in the squat. He says to make sure your wrists are straight (which I find a bitch to do) but I noticed that most powerlifters have bent wrists anyway. Whats your opinion on it?

2) Can you recommend me a good quality powerlifting belt?
Already spoke to you but I'll address this incase anyone else is wondering:

1.) Yes, most powerlifters have bent wrists because it allows them better torso position. They do use wrist wraps though, which make this a bit less painful/dangerous, so I recommend using them

2.) The best value one in Australia would be a Toro belt, which you can buy through Titan Australia. If shipping costs aren't a factor, Inzer belts are considered the best. A belt will quite literally last you a lifetime so it's always a good investment.

quik.

HSC
Blender + Peanut Butter + Bananas + Protein Powder + Milk + Nesquik

Oliver04

HSC
Breeze: I've made up my mind. I'm joining the Newcastle powerlifting association as soon as the semester is over. I'll give them an email and see how much it will cost for a year, hopefully not over a grand. With a bit of luck the place won't be run by a WWE fan and his kids.

BreezerD

HSC
Breeze: I've made up my mind. I'm joining the Newcastle powerlifting association as soon as the semester is over. I'll give them an email and see how much it will cost for a year, hopefully not over a grand. With a bit of luck the place won't be run by a WWE fan and his kids.
I can almost assure you it will be a lot less than a grand.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)