• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

have I totally messed up? (1 Viewer)

frenchboston

HSC
N/A
I am new to the NSW HSC system and I still dont completly understand school rankings and where I sit and how it all works - but just got back assessment marks and where I sit at the moment am in a school that ranks quite well and within I totally stuffed english advanced which I am really poor at and now rank bottom out of 40, am top 6 out of 25 for maths ext 1, top 5 out of 15 for maths ext 2, top 3 for software, top 6 for chem and physics out of 25 ..... is this recoverable, or is my atar screwed..
appreciate others experience - should i drop one of my units ( sadly cant drop english!)
thanks

brendroid

HSC
I think that it's always possible to improve your marks. But you'd need to ace literally every English assessment from here-on-in.

bouncing

HSC
I am new to the NSW HSC system and I still dont completly understand school rankings and where I sit and how it all works - but just got back assessment marks and where I sit at the moment am in a school that ranks quite well and within I totally stuffed english advanced which I am really poor at and now rank bottom out of 40, am top 6 out of 25 for maths ext 1, top 5 out of 15 for maths ext 2, top 3 for software, top 6 for chem and physics out of 25 ..... is this recoverable, or is my atar screwed..
appreciate others experience - should i drop one of my units ( sadly cant drop english!)
thanks

your ranks are fine? however you'll definitely want to pick up on your english marks because the 2units of english (at whichever level) will be COUNTED regardless of how many units you are doing

if you think that your other subjects will benefit if you drop something then go ahead but otherwise its not advisable..

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Your internal ranks are definitely recoverable. English is the only one which really needs work. The rest are fine.

In any case, you are at a higher ranked school, so even if you are near the bottom, most of your cohort should do reasonably well in the exam.

frenchboston

HSC
N/A
ATAR for engineering or computing science ; think I need to drop one of my subjects to work on english - think maybe Chem as its so much work!
Any thoughts?

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
Be careful when dropping down to 10 ATAR units. You have to do well in everything in order to get a high ATAR.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)