Votes: 4 28.6%
  • No but i wouln't mind

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
It takes an hour and you can do it every 4 weeks or so between whole blood donation.
They hook a needle up to your arm which takes out whole blood... it then removes the plasma from the whole blood and then another needle returns that blood (minus the plasma) to your body.
Wahhh?

one hour???

Damn that's too long

I don't like the idea of having two needles inserted to you arm either lol

MaNiElla

HSC
N/A
It takes an hour and you can do it every 4 weeks or so between whole blood donation.
They hook a needle up to your arm which takes out whole blood... it then removes the plasma from the whole blood and then another needle returns that blood (minus the plasma) to your body.
that doesnt sound very appealing.

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
Yeah... not sure if they use one arm with both needles OR two arms..
But myeah I've considered doing it... But haven't gotten around to it. You have to register your intentions to do it (usually if you go in for your appointment to donate whole blood just mention it as they apparently have to do some tests first).

Also, lol, Red Cross called me at home earlier tonight "thanking-me-for-my-continued-donations-and-just-wondering-if-I-plan-to-donate-soon? And-understanding-that-I-have-been-very-busy-recently-and-that-it's-great-that-I-will-donate-in-the-next-week-or-so-and-do-I-want-to-make-an-appointment-now? And-no? Oh-well-thank-you-for-your-time-hope-to-see-you-soon."

Yomo

HSC
i thought you had to have already donated a certain number of times before you can give plasma? or that you are sposed to be older or something...meh...giving straight bloods good enough. haha i love the calls from the blood peeps...makes me feel popular :)
boring old A+ blood right here

CatOnAHorse

HSC
lol that'd be awesome haha.

ye i give blood every 12 weeks & my bro gives plasma every 4. we're hardcore lol. i would do more often but life is too busy when ur a teenager doing the HSC lol.

I Study Hard

HSC
I'd think about donating blood but i'm like 12kg under the minimum weight that you have to be to give blood...

axlenatore

Scuba Steve
HSC
Ive donated blood once willingly, ive been meaning to do it again

the other times ive donated blood was when swarms of mosquitoes at uni just take half your blood from you

PrettyStarFury

HSC
I've wanted to ever since I was in year 1, but this year (year 12) my doctor tells me I because there's a 70% chance I'll get a blood clot. I really admire those who do ever chance they get

Star
xx

MaNiElla

HSC
N/A
^
I wanted to donate blood ever since i was in kindergarten :)

SoMeRaNdOm.

HSC
O+ here

i've only donated once and have been meaning to donate again but haven't found the time!

i've got a mad scar where they stuck the needle in but only got enough blood out for the tests they run. they took the actual donation out of my other arm.

electrolysis

congenital schmuck
HSC
Did it once previously with my school, 7 months ago..
Will do it again as soon as I have some spare time up my sleeve :)

HSC
OMG im O negative!

Anyway, I'm too young to donate. I'll donate next year :) Do you have to be a certain weight to donate?

Yes. You have to be 50kg or over. D: That's my main problem. The teacher tells me to eat Big Macs every day to gain weight. I do. Then, i step onto the scales, and find out that i've lost 8kgs.

D:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)