Healing the 'scars' the HSC has left you (1 Viewer)

LoneWolf1990

HSC
It has been only what, 1-2 weeks since my last exam, and the 'scars' left from this 'war' are still with me, I mean I can't read a decent book or watch a movie or tv show anymore without looking at the underlying techniques(damn you Advanced English!) or imagine the horizontal and vertical components of the initial velocity of various projectiles on various tv shows(damn you 3U Maths and Physics), and on top of that, I can't enjoy a can of Coke or Sprite without thinking of Chemistry!:mad1:

Am I the only one who is dealing with this? Is there a cure for this problem? I've tried everything from playing Star Wars: The Force Unleashed on my new PSP to watching episodes of Smallville and Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles on various sites.

Last edited:

danz90

HSC
lol, was just watching the X-Files movie... and I was like...shittt, that stupid black crow is an ominous symbol, ooOo close-up shot, heaps personal 23q. lol stupid English. Whenever I watch Current affairs or something of the like.. I always question it - again English adv - 'Telling the truth'.
I reckon English will leave the greatest scars lol

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
BELIEVE ME. I had an argument today with my boss who said that Polysaccharides = Protein. I explained politely that this was not the case and went on for ages about the difference between amino acids and mono/di/polysaccharides. EMBARRASSING!

whoisurdaddy

HSC
wixxy2348 said:
BELIEVE ME. I had an argument today with my boss who said that Polysaccharides = Protein. I explained politely that this was not the case and went on for ages about the difference between amino acids and mono/di/polysaccharides. EMBARRASSING!
hahahaha

risole91

I'm Coming Home
HSC
I read ross gittens column in the paper and think why the fuck would someone care about this :\

Mark576

Feel good ...
HSC
LoneWolf1990 said:
It has been only what, 1-2 weeks since my last exam, and the 'scars' left from this 'war' are still with me, I mean I can't read a decent book or watch a movie or tv show anymore without looking at the underlying techniques(damn you Advanced English!) or imagine the horizontal and vertical components of the initial velocity of various projectiles on various tv shows(damn you 3U Maths and Physics), and on top of that, I can't enjoy a can of Coke or Sprite without thinking of Chemistry!:mad1:
I SINCERELY hope you're kidding :rolleyes:

tannyz

HSC
damn! ive just started yr 12 & i really hope this won't happen to me.

fallenstar

liberate, educate.
HSC
tannyz said:
damn! ive just started yr 12 & i really hope this won't happen to me.
it will, especially with Advanced English; you learn to deconstruct everything to the eighth degree. Ironically the point is to understand the meaning of a text, yet it results in the text having less meaning than when you started.
(reading this BOS?)

ondroo

*Sigh*
HSC
One weird thing that has happened to me since finishing is these dreams every couple of nights where i would b freaking out because i missed an exam or stuffed something up (e.g. i had one where i forgot to answer s1 & 2 of AoS) wtf and another where i missed getting to the ipt exam. aaahhhhh

pamauz91

HSC
N/A
Glad I'm not the only one ROFL... Everything has to be analysed to the degree that it loses all meaning... I can now only just start to pick up a book and read it to ENJOY it and not related back to JOURNEYS =_=

And I had a dream about sitting the chemistry exam again... what is up with that? haha

MonKazzar

HSC
Trying to remember I have no reason to STUDY... >_>
Or actually planning stuff during the week because I don't have school.

MonKazzar

HSC
Trying to remember I have no reason to STUDY... >_>
Or actually planning stuff during the week because I don't have school.

LoneWolf1990

HSC
pamauz91 said:
I can now only just start to pick up a book and read it to ENJOY it and not related back to JOURNEYS =_=
How did you do it? What's your secret?

With the Bulldogs next year; that is, the Yale Bul
HSC
Didn't have a clue what you were saying, and didn't know whether it really was worth the read, but Jesus Christ, what fucking scars are you on about?
Mental/emotional scarring from this profound, oh-so testing journey is bullshit.

How about enjoying post-HSC life, for Pete's sake?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)