Healthy School Canteen (1 Viewer)

firehose

HSC
Have u ppl's schools had this phased in? This is in full flight at my school, and i cannot say how much i resent it. All the good stuff at the canteen is gone..

Coke machines --> Pepsi machines selling Diet Pepsi, Diet Solo, etc
Mars chocolate machines gone
Chips gone --> replaced by Twisties "popcorn"
Lollies and other nice stuff gone
Ice cream gone --> replaced by color suckers
Caesar/Tunapasta salad $4
Veggie Rice $3
Small assorted sandwiches $2.50
Pies/sausage rolls slowly phased away

Not very enjoyable if u ask me. Increasing prices ain't good either.

firehose

HSC
Hmm i do most of the time actually. Thing is, most of the people buying aren't fat anyway.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Maybe you should reconsider your diet, then.

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
our school did that
all drink machines sell onli diet drinks same with the canteen and now the vending machine actually sells water
chocolate/lollies machines-no more
now theres like musli bars and healthy snacks :S
canteen doesnt sell chocolates
less junk food
:eek: :eek: :eek:

hyperbole

i LURRVE to exaggerate.
HSC
I don't think its such a bad idea for them to be phasing out the junk food, and introducing healthier alternatives.

HSC
did all of this just start this year? because my school canteen was absolutely packed with junk food last year.

eshi

shy
HSC
I think it'd be good to strike a balance between healthy/non-healthy foods...coz if people are going to eat junk then they'll bring it from home if it ain't at the canteen....which would probably be cheaper anyway :rolleyes:

dimzi

OMGWTFBBQ
HSC
Its bullshit!

Both our coke machines are EMPTY! They now only sell diet coke, along with the lemon and vanilla diet coke, which is shit anyway. So you have to line up for that crap, and the lines are now double what they used to be, what with the years 7's excited about the 'big people' canteen. They phased the coke out on about day 3, so the year 7's still had a chance to be amazed about a vending machine at school.

I used to buy a coke a day, now im buying a bottle of water a day lol. But its cheaper so doesnt worry me that much....it just pisses me off that we dont even have the option. So ive now got some of those little la ice bottles from woolies and am taking them :D

modelzsuck

Kylie
HSC
yeah I think its a bit drastic, but all schools have to do it now, they're loosiong heaps of money doing it though.

firehose

HSC
Lol. are u still in high school Sweets?

But i must say that although most i've talked to don't like the whole "healthy" phase ins, the popularity of my school canteen has certainly not diminished and, if anything, has actually increased. Maybe its just the year 7s. So yeah i guess canteen revenues for the school won't be threatened, which is so important for a gov't school like mine.

I do like the fruit salad and yoghurts at the canteen now though :) $2 and $2.50 respectively though...

[trent]

HSC
yeh, our school's phased this in, but everyone's now going to the fish & chips place up the road :) I don't think they really thought it through for high-schools...if they offered a wide variety of healthy foods (rices, pastas, toasted sandwitches, etc) i'd be alright, but all we have are salads, chicken burgers and those maggie noodle things...

Tuggi3

Vicious and Delicious
HSC
count yourselves lucky,

i went to a private school that never had vending machines and coke and chocolates..
At least you got to experience junk at school once...

And on top of it we weren't aloowed to leave the school during free's and lunch to even go and BUY some junk.....

On top of it on religious days they didnt sell meat, because of the fasting....so every Wednesday n Friday was No meat :D

SO :p

sladehk

le random
HSC
Whoa! What school was this by the way? Our school's adopted the healthy food policy too (like many other schools)! NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Tuggi3

Vicious and Delicious
HSC
It's one of the private Greek Orthodox schools,

Real strict on the canteen, but by year 12, well all ran rampant!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)