Healthy School Canteen (1 Viewer)

lenvik

HSC
[trent] said:
yeh, our school's phased this in, but everyone's now going to the fish & chips place up the road :) I don't think they really thought it through for high-schools...if they offered a wide variety of healthy foods (rices, pastas, toasted sandwitches, etc) i'd be alright, but all we have are salads, chicken burgers and those maggie noodle things...
Don't forget the Chilli Chicken Wraps Trent.

The chilli chicken wraps!

The only good thing our canteen sells these days.

It's not like it's going to make me un-fat.

DET Fuckers.

blackfriday

Pezzonovante
HSC
they completely removed all sugar from the canteen so me and a few mates tried to sell coke out of an esky but the principal got really mad at us.

AntiHyper

Revered Member
HSC
Yeh my schools canteen also is in this "scheme".. you should be able to choose if you want to lose weight. Coz not everyone is overweight.

Zoltan

Too cool for school
HSC
My school is a private one so we should be able to buy whatever the hell we want from the canteen, but they're still trying to make it 'healthy' to attract new parents. Thing is, they fail miserably - they've banned Coke cos it's "not good for you" but they sell flavoured milk and Fanta and things which have just as much sugar in them. Then they wouldn't sell chocolate but they sell cookies with chocolate in them. Then they wouldn't sell chips but they still sell crusty sausage rolls and meat pies. Now instead of good (junk) food they sell food which is just as unhealthy (like vege chips and dried noodles) in terms of fat and sugar content but has words like 'healthy' and 'good for children' plastered all over it. Ok that last one was a slight exaduration but the rest is true!

AntiHyper

Revered Member
HSC
Geez my canteen only sells diet cokes it has that bitter aftertaste of artificial sweetener.
And they've downsized all the chip packets. Now i have to buy two of them instead of usually 1.

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
I was so pissed today, there was only diet coke w/vanilla or lime left. :(

marchetta

shut up and do me
HSC
By introducing healthier food into school canteens, it’s been predicted that it may decrease the rate obesity and diabetes within the community.

lourai*87

~"*_*"~
HSC
How come so many ppl have vending machines!!! We never had vending machines. We have a healthy canteen too...but today i found potato chips! Potato chips!!! We were all so excited.

We get sausage rolls with nutrition ifno on now. they contain "meat including beef"...hmm. Offal? Cant trust those huh.

Zoltan

Too cool for school
HSC
Heh... just adding onto my rant about my school canteen "not" selling anything unhealthy... Coke has been banned in the canteen but there's a Coke dispenser on level 4 that needs refilling every day or two. So I guess money does come before education, even in a school.

aim54x

XccenTRiX
lost in the mists of time, shrouded by thought
HSC
if n e 1 wants to know some1 2 blame. i can disclose the name of one of the fools who hlpd 2 draft that peice of crap.

Fort Street's 2004 male captain tim webster (i think that was his name, only met the dude several times)

funky_a

Fabulousness Overload
HSC
Last year my highschool sold bascially everything...from hot-chips to sushi but it was still nasty..the only thing I use to buy are the fresh subs, but that stopped in the middle of the year when someone found a small bug in their sub. Gross out. Then everyone just started going to mcdonalds, kfc, hungry jacks across the road from the school.

malkin86

HSC
It sucks how all the "healthy" options are heaps more expensive than the "junk" options in the canteens.. :(

[trent]

HSC
our canteen's now decided that full sized chocolate bars are banned (way too unheathly), but the mini-sized variations are OK..go figure

Danoz The Great

HSC
My canteen has so much junk it's not funny ... but once / twice a week the canteen lady might make these lavash things - but they aren't all that nice. They're about the only healthy thing in that canteen.

I'm not a health freak. But I rely on the canteen quite a bit so it does get sucky after a while. My 7-10 school canteen was really good. They sell smoothies and everything nice and healthy.

0Jade0

HSC
My school used to have vending machines... way before i went there. People rorted the system and stuck 2 10 cent pieces together to make it like a $2 coin.
There is no 'junk' at my school, no chips, soft drink (even diet) no chocolate. But the hot food makes the paper clear so they aren't cutting back on the oil.
I think my school is on a crusade to win all those silver canteen awards.

Danoz The Great

HSC
We have every softdrink under the planet, some water, chips, chocolate bars, pies, oily fried chicken.... yuk yuk yuk.

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
we have chocolate mousse and we're a "low fat canteen"...odd...

SureBluff

HSC
The 'healthy' stuff actually tastes pretty good in our school. Well its suppose to be healthy but some doesn't seem to be that much so.

We have:

Roasted potatoes with a creamy tomato sauce
Kebabs/slouvaki(sp?) like kinda things
Ceasar Salad
Many different types sandwiches
Satay Chicken with vegitables and rice
Vegie rice
Chicken or Tuna Sushi (kinda of a rip off though)
Assorted salads
(we once also had minestrol(sp?) soup one time)

the old unhealthy goodies are still there though like pie, pizza pockets, corn rolls, sausage rolls, etc etc. The new healthy stuff are just more of an alternative.
Good thing that the coke machines are still there though. I didnt see any chocolate bars though :(

carpediem

HSC
it's all the fat kids fault, send them to fat camps i tell you and leave our food alone

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)