HELP! have I screwed up my essay?? (1 Viewer)

Skriker

HSC
Ok, I think I may have completely fucked up my essay with the statement, as it said 'Some religions emphasise justice, while others emphasise compassion'

I interpretated the statement and said that different religions have different traditions/beliefs they have in their human existance and so have a screwed up my essay?? Please help me :( Im soo pissed!!

Kimbles2011

HSC
That sounds ok. Remember it's nothing formulaic and there is no set response to essay questions :)
How exactly did you structure it?

Skriker

HSC
That sounds ok. Remember it's nothing formulaic and there is no set response to essay questions :)
How exactly did you structure it?
I talked about how the statement was about that different religions hold different beliefs/traditions which should be followed throughout the life of their human existance and then talked about marriage and how it was different too other practises of marriage in different religions and then I spoke about sexual ethics........something like that I am just worried I haven't answered the question at all :/ because of the miss interpretation :(

Would I still be Ok?

Beachtraveller

HSC
Im not sure if what I did was right.
I said to a certain extent as the statement implies religions emphasise either justice or compassion, and Buddhism emphasises both

Skriker

HSC
I said to a certain extent as the statement implies religions emphasise either justice or compassion, and Buddhism emphasises both
I think you are as most people said this, but im not sure if im right!! as I may have miss interpreted the quote :/

burkefan

HSC
I spoke about Bioethics and Marriage for Christianity, and how in Bioethics, Christian's are compassionate and seek justice in their beliefs, e.g. stem-cell research and how human status should be extended to the embryo, and discussed compassion for Orthodox/Catholic marriage, and justice for the Protestant churches which allow same-sex marriage.

I hope you don't lose marks for not talking about Paul of Tarsus?

Skriker

HSC
I spoke about Bioethics and Marriage for Christianity, and how in Bioethics, Christian's are compassionate and seek justice in their beliefs, e.g. stem-cell research and how human status should be extended to the embryo, and discussed compassion for Orthodox/Catholic marriage, and justice for the Protestant churches which allow same-sex marriage.

This is what I am worried about as I didn't say anything about compassion or justice, I may have spoken about it in marriage but yeah I didn't use the words compassion as I misinterpreted the essay question. Nah, I did the one on Judaism so didn't need to right about Paul of Tarsus

Kimbles2011

HSC

I talked about paul....But I think if you integrated it throughout it would be fine...!

burkefan

HSC
No, I'm talking about, how I hope I didn't need to talk about Paul for Christianity. I wrote 11 pages (7 on Bioethics and 4 on marriage) and I thought that best answered the question about the differing expressions.

I wouldn't be too worried because I think lots of people interpreted the question differently and it'll come down to the content and how well you back everything up.

Skriker

HSC
No, I'm talking about, how I hope I didn't need to talk about Paul for Christianity. I wrote 11 pages (7 on Bioethics and 4 on marriage) and I thought that best answered the question about the differing expressions.

I wouldn't be too worried because I think lots of people interpreted the question differently and it'll come down to the content and how well you back everything up.
Oh, right but I am just really worried, because I feel as I didn't even say anything about compassion and justice I thought I didn't even answer the question and might get like 8/20 for the essay or even less :/

coralie1994

HSC
Oh, right but I am just really worried, because I feel as I didn't even say anything about compassion and justice I thought I didn't even answer the question and might get like 8/20 for the essay or even less :/
Dont worry, I'll probably get that aswell... I chose islam and merely focused on bioethics and wrote two paragraphs on hajj... though I think i related it to the question okay, but ran out of time :( reckon I'd lose heaps of marks for not even mentioning my significsant person and only just touching on the hajj?

Skriker

HSC
What sort of points about Judaism did you address though?
Like the purposes of marriage (ie companionship and love, procreation, establishing home, family) and how marriage is held etc.

kev-is-red

HSC
N/A
I wrote 9 pages in total (3 on sexual ethics, 2.5 on baptism and 2.5 on Pope John XXIII), which I was happy about.

I don't think this essay question was any means prescriptive, you should be fine.

_deloso

HSC
yeah I did this

wrote compassion of asoka to other religion, justice and equality of asoka shown to his kingdom through rock edicts, justice and compassion shown to the sangha by asoka
then I went to a compassionate treatment of the environment and showing justice through equality by treating the environment through the guidance of the precepts
and then compassion and justice shown in wesak through their rituals and what they do as a community.

any thoughts on this?

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
I did Buddhism and I said it did both through Asoka's teachings and example, environmental ethical teachings, and temple puja.
I think I did okay. Maybe 16/20. :/

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
I wrote 9 pages in total (3 on sexual ethics, 2.5 on baptism and 2.5 on Pope John XXIII), which I was happy about.

I don't think this essay question was any means prescriptive, you should be fine.
What. The. Fuck. I did like 4.
Also, my teacher said the Christianity extended response was the worst.

Chrissiee

Frost Yourselves
HSC
What. The. Fuck. I did like 4.
Also, my teacher said the Christianity extended response was the worst.
same here did like 4 the extended response was so bad for christianity i had to go for buddhism (sexual ethics, vesak + asoka).

burkefan

HSC
The reason why I only focused on the denoms in Christianity for marriage and bioethics, and not Paul, is because the question said about differing expressions of Christianity.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)