Help needed with a girl (1 Viewer)

suzieee

HSC
i was in a similar situation with a guy friend... i didnt know whether or not to tell him, but a guy frined of mine (and the guy's best mate) told him. then i was told that he was only with his girlfriend to make me jealous. so i don't like him anymore. if he treats someone like that, there's no point :)

we are still good friends though :)

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
anonuser said:
Just to let you know, I've decided to tell her in a few weeks.
You get an 'A' for effort, but an 'F' for intelligence. If you hadn't already gathered this from everyone else's posts, that is probably a fatal mistake. This ain't Hollywood; she isn't going to realise you love her and leave her boyfriend for you. If she does, both of you will probably go through a lot of guilt and the relationship will probably end. Everybody loses: you, her and her ex. Mutually assured destruction.

The only thing you can really do is grin and bear it. Don't try and get between them, and don't try anything stupid. Just let it run its course. Even hoping that they'll fall apart can be bad because then you might be tempted to do something to get between them. Sit tight and stay friends with her. She'll probably respect you more for it, which is probably the best consolation prize you can get.

enzyme

HSC
I agree... with basically everyone else.
There are two reasons this love of yours is with her boyfriend.
One, she's with him to make you jealous. But if she's as awesome as you think she is, surely this isn't possible. And even if it was true, it shows that she's possibly not very nice after all.
Two, she's with him because she loves him. It might be nice to think that when you declare your love for her, she'll realise you're the one she always wanted... but it's unlikely, this doesn't often happen in real life.
It's probably best to do nothing... try to value the friendship you already have, and move on.

Minimitt

HSC
Wow, i swore i read the exact same thing on OCAU a week or so ago...lol

Weather or not it is: Repost
Kidnap her current boyfriend and ship him off to Tibet. Destroy all documents and other evidence pointing to his existence. Break into her house and replace and photos of her and him with photos of the two of you. When she asks what the hell is going on, tell her that you don't know what she's talking about and the two of you have been together for the past year - don't forget to act very hurt and offended. After a few weeks of this, you will have her convinced that she is crazy and that you are the only one she can trust.

Did i mention the part where you may have to "dispose" of anyone who knew of the old boyfriend? Yeah, i'm pretty sure i did.

And am I the only one who finds it odd that in these situations where people have confessed feelings towards a long-time friend, and they haven't been reciprocated, that they've let the friendship die? Is it really that hard for people to be mature enough to move past it and keep the friendship going, rather than sacraficing it. Hell, i've managed to do it, and i'm not exactly a big bucket of maturity. It's only awkward if you let it be awkward.

--quote from: 12ft_Eskimo--

noobsgetowned

HSC
Take Advice from Someone who has been in the exact same position. Trust me DONT do it. Esp if she has a bf... dont do it just dont. Trust me you guys wont even be friends after you tell her... because if she has a bf.. shes gonna feel weird and she wont be talking to you as much because she knows you are probably just trying to hit on her... Basically the friendship you have right now will end. If thats what you want, then go ahead.

Im just trying to help you. Im not just bluffing, Im talking from experience not once, but with my mates and my self even. First of all she has a bf, Dont even bother... Secondly of she didnt.. then maybe you could ask, but right now, your just asking for the friendship to end.

All i can do is advice you =]

Goodluck!

anonuser

HSC
N/A
The event is coming up pretty soon, so hopefully all ends well. I think we will just have a long and mature discussion about my feelings for her; I'm hoping she doesn't take it the wrong way. I know people may think it's silly to focus on the one girl, but I think you just know when you've found the right one. I think I have.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
LottoX said:
Once I told this girl that I really, really liked her. Fortunately, she liked me back.
PrettyVacant amirite

Josie

Everything's perfect!
HSC
Hey Mike- you're a girl I really really like.. what say let's have some fun.

morganforrest

HSC
Please Please tell us how armageddon goes....do the words crash and burn spring to anyone's mind??? I really want to know just how badly it went. When's the event?

PS. With any luck you'll pussy out and not have to fuck the friendship up, but hey only if ur lucky.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
This thread needs more lame calls.

Gilbert1

Humoures Pun
HSC
At the event don't forget alcohol. Its good couragement. Made me tell plenty of girls I like them.

Sooj

HSC
Don't do it.

She won't know what to say to you.

Then, awkwardness ensues.

Perhaps after she's over her current bf...

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
anonuser said:
The event is coming up pretty soon, so hopefully all ends well. I think we will just have a long and mature discussion about my feelings for her; I'm hoping she doesn't take it the wrong way. I know people may think it's silly to focus on the one girl, but I think you just know when you've found the right one. I think I have.
Don't forget the formaldehyde.

Gilbert1

Humoures Pun
HSC
It's been almost a month now. He's bound to have made his move right? or is he just not going to tell us anymore?

*yooneek*

@UTS...I <3 Jesus
HSC
yeah man don't tell her... only do it if it's pretty darn evident she has a thing for you too... otherwise, bad times ahead.
:(

hope everythings worked out ok for you

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)