Help please (1 Viewer)

Futuremedstudent

Ancient Orator
HSC
N/A
Hi guys,

My friend at school is considering to do 4 unit. She does the following subjects:
3 unit maths averaging around 70-80%
3 unit english averaging around 95%
2 unit chem averaging around 70-80%
2 unit modern history averaging around 90-95%
2 french contineurs averaging around 90-95%

In year 12 she wants to pick up french extension.
The question is, if she does 4 unit would the workload be too much and is her marks good enough for 4 unit cos she wants 90+?

Futuremedstudent

Ancient Orator
HSC
N/A
btw: i told her she shouldn't do it cos she's more of a humanities person and she should pick up 4 unit english...

HSC
She's on 12 units atm, if she picks up french extension then that means she'll probably drop chemistry because its her shittest subject, unless she somehow does 13 units which is stupid because only 10 best units get counted and she's limiting herself by doing an extra 3 units. Anyways if she does drop chemistry and pick up french extension as well as maths extension 2, then she'll be on 12 units again. Except this time she is going to be doing extension 1 french, extension 1 english, extension 1 maths and extension 2 maths. <---- That there is a shit tonne of work, she can do whatever she wants, but to be honest, that is an insane amount of work. Excluding chem, her extension 1 mark is a massive outlier, she's getting like 90s in everything else but 70-80 in maths.

She's better off picking up extension 2 english rather than maths, judging by how well she is doing in english. Or just dropping chem, and only picking up extension french

trapizi

╰(゜Д゜)╯
HSC
A humanities person doesn't mean she can't do 4U. I'm an artistic person, I do 4U and I don't find it hard.

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
14 units is quite a bit.....

Though there are people who have managed it before and have gotten a great ATAR.

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
A humanities person doesn't mean she can't do 4U. I'm an artistic person, I do 4U and I don't find it hard.
This too.

I got B4 in English, and my vocabulary is not of great detail, but I'm one of the few BoS'ers that is creative with words and has made poems and one liners on the spot lol if you look in the non-school section.

Kurosaki

True Fail Kid
HSC
Hi guys,

My friend at school is considering to do 4 unit. She does the following subjects:
3 unit maths averaging around 70-80%
3 unit english averaging around 95%
2 unit chem averaging around 70-80%
2 unit modern history averaging around 90-95%
2 french contineurs averaging around 90-95%

In year 12 she wants to pick up french extension.
The question is, if she does 4 unit would the workload be too much and is her marks good enough for 4 unit cos she wants 90+?
Only she can determine that really, it comes to down to a mixture of natural acumen and time management. Personally I get away with pretty much 0 revision until exam time, however from what my friends at school say they spend 1-2 hours doing maths work pretty much every day and they're pretty average at 4U at my school. Your friend should probably just try it out for herself and she if she can cope with the workload.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)