HELP Why UNSW? (1 Viewer)

HSC
Anyone who is planning to attend UNSW? What is it about the uni that appeals to you? This question is particularly aimed at people who are looking to do Science based courses.
Also, if anyone knows anything about the Medical Science degree..

nightweaver066

HSC
Applying for the Science Achiever Award?

I've got no clue what to write as well lol.

HSC
Applying for the Science Achiever Award?

I've got no clue what to write as well lol.
Omg FRIEND. haha. Are you going to attach reference documents and that? I was thinking a few Science Awards, State Titration stuff and my report would be adequate?

HSC
And does it need to be submitted by today (Saturday) or can I submit it on Sunday?

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
I thought many applications need to be submitted by the 30th if I am not mistaken.

I want to go to UNSW as well, not sure why but its just appeals to me more than any other Uni.

HSC
Fk, I left this scholarship shit too late.. should've started ages ago I'll be lucky if I get one submitted if most of them are due by the 30th

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
This might sound silly, but 'due by the 30th' does that mean they can be submitted any time on Sunday? Or by the end of today...
Just to be safe, I would do it before 11:59 PM today. Purely because when late comers apply, for example like yesterday's UAC incident - the site crashed.

wilsondw

HSC
Anyone who is planning to attend UNSW? What is it about the uni that appeals to you? This question is particularly aimed at people who are looking to do Science based courses.
Also, if anyone knows anything about the Medical Science degree..
mmm... well im planning on going to UNSW because of a few reasons which include:
Infrastructure and facilities seem pretty nice
Since I want to do Advance Science, I like the way the courses structure, the flexibility and the opportunities it provides
Also theres the DPP which I am planning on joining also because of the opportunities to do work placements and other factors
And...im getting a lot of bonus points from UNSW and I got nominated for the AAA

I heard from my older siblings who completed uni said that med sci is only for those who wants to get into medicine...so if thats what you want to do, then go for it...I dont know much about Med Sci at UNSW though

Last edited:

Memento-mori

HSC
I'm planning to attend UNSW, for either a B.A/ B.Sci or B.A/B.F.A. Can't make up my mind.

Reasons to attend UNSW (overall): diverse range of people, strength of each faculty, flexible university (you don't have to apply through UAC if you want to internally transfer, you just need to meet the academic requirements), friendly people as seen on Open Day, vivid social scene

Reasons to do science at UNSW: a very vast range of choices, strong reputation for science, presents itself alot of oppurtunities for students, for medical-kind of science: neuroscience, vision science, psychology, biology, chemistry- I think you could say that if you are interested in the human body and its functions, UNSW's vast range of options make this possible, etc.

VIPPER

Aiiiiiiiii
HSC
Reasons to attend UNSW (overall): diverse range of people
lol

IMO better reasons are:
- wanting to be taught by the best, to be the best
- forming connections with like minded individuals
- etc

Last edited:

Riachain

HSC
Uni Grad
UNSW is probably the most undiverse uni out of the lot.

*pops up*

DID SOMEONE SAY ASIAN?

*points at self*

...err, anyway, I'm a current student at UNSW, and I chose it because of its reputation for its Commerce degrees. There was other stuff too, like allowing me to enter Commerce even though I sucked at Math in HSC, but that's another story.

Not too sure on Medical Science or Science in general. Sorry 'bout that. D;

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
I thought many applications need to be submitted by the 30th if I am not mistaken.

I want to go to UNSW as well, not sure why but its just appeals to me more than any other Uni.
~azn~

nightweaver066

HSC
What time do applications close?

Omg FRIEND. haha. Are you going to attach reference documents and that? I was thinking a few Science Awards, State Titration stuff and my report would be adequate?
Yeah I did, put in my year 12 report and any other rewards related to science/maths (competition awards, school awards, etc.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)