• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

help with shoes & accessories for formal dress!!! (1 Viewer)

florence92

HSC
hey guys,

i have an ivory formal cocktail dress with gold pasley stitching, above the knee-length and is strapless (photo) bought from Forcast but i dunno what colour heels or what sort of accessories including necklace earrings or clutch either!!! any ideas? :( if you have any links, feel free to add them in =]

formal is on the 19/11/09

thanks!!

Last edited:

florence92

HSC
thanks imsopostmodern the pics are REALLLYY pretty!!

yeah i was thinking black or maybe a tan sort of colour but lol it's been difficult havent been able to go out shopping since the exams started and wont be able till until this wednesday! haha i'm trying to keep to a budget of really cheap shoes and clutch. i was thinking op shopping for a clutch if i cant find one to borrow off my friends and for shoes something around $20-40 with shoes similar to those pump heels! anybody know any good stores? i live around bankstown, sydney.

i have a feeling that i'll be falling over a whole lot that night xD haha never worn heels THAT HUGE before, only ever a couple of cms. teeheee!

Cinnamonster

Somewhere in the general vicinity of the Universe
HSC
Black always looks nice but if you want to add colour then I reckon red, aqua or purple heels and a matching clutch would look fab.
As for jewellery I would say pearls. Because the dress is strapless I suggest earrings and no necklace. Pearl earrings would look lovely and maybe even a nice pearl bracelet too.

Last edited:

simplyyme

HSC
that's such a pretty dress :D which forcast did you get it at ?

anyways, i would go with either beige/white, gold heels something like this:

i would also go with a red clutch and gold and pearl like coloured accessories like this:

<-- i know it's not a necklace or earrings but i would go with colours similiar to those for earrings and stuff

Last edited:

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
i think you should wear gold or ivory coloured shoes, with a matching coloured clutch

as for the jewellry, i think a gold & pearl theme would look great :)

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
IMO i wouldn't match too much, its a very pretty dress, make it stand out.

Last edited:

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
yeah i wouldnt wear ivory shoes because it would probably wash the dress out. gold could be risky, it may work with a small amount of gold jewellery.

not a massive fan of beige either. because it's quite pale, i would be making sure that my accessories were a bit bold. i do like the black suggestions

PurpleMonkey12

HSC
i think for shoes you should go with something black and simple so that the attention is on the dress :D which is very pretty by the way

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
I was thinking black heels, black clutch and chunky black earrings.

They'll pop against the dress and there's no risk of different shades of gold/beige not matching.

florence92

HSC
hey

yeah so far ive got these funky black heels and am finding a black clutch.

i found the dress at this store called BLISS in cabramatta LOL!! but all the clothes in there were forcast.

thanks for the help

ashie0

world
HSC
N/A
You need either a very light gold, or a pearl. If you want to go bold, black will look good but you'd have to be confident and fiery to pull it off. Diva/Equip has loads and loads of jewelery that will compliment the dress.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)