HELP (1 Viewer)

ALOZZZ

HSC
Hey guys,
So my goal is to get a 91+ ATAR and I am lacking the motivation to push myself. Do you guys have any tips in regards to building your motivation? My cohort don't push themselves to their full potential and I feel like I am getting influenced by them, do you guys have any tip to stop them from influencing me? Also any advice for how I could prepare myself for yr 12 during the holidays? I am doing chem, bio, eng standard, IPT, Ex1 & 2 math, and 2u maths.
Thanks

Kyufruit

HSC
With your subjects, even a high band 5 will be able to get you around 97 atar.

Also here if you want some motivation, check this video, it helped me get my life together lol

ALOZZZ

HSC
With your subjects, even a high band 5 will be able to get you around 97 atar.

Also here if you want some motivation, check this video, it helped me get my life together lol

What if I didn't do as well as I thought with my first assessments/assignments? Like especially for English. I haven't got my marks yet but Ik for sure that i prop got a C.

Kyufruit

HSC
What if I didn't do as well as I thought with my first assessments/assignments? Like especially for English. I haven't got my marks yet but Ik for sure that i prop got a C.
Sis you got 3 more assessment tasks, and your marks don’t matter, it’s your rank. Considering that your cohort arent that competitive, with some hard work you can definitely top them. You got this 😤

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
Hey guys,
So my goal is to get a 91+ ATAR and I am lacking the motivation to push myself. Do you guys have any tips in regards to building your motivation? My cohort don't push themselves to their full potential and I feel like I am getting influenced by them, do you guys have any tip to stop them from influencing me? Also any advice for how I could prepare myself for yr 12 during the holidays? I am doing chem, bio, eng standard, IPT, Ex1 & 2 math, and 2u maths.
Thanks
This isn't gonna be the answer you're looking for but I guess the saying goes somewhat like this:
"Motivation doesn't come before action, action comes before motivation"
Which basically means you 'make a start' on your work/study then motivation comes from that. It comes from the small wins which motivate you to be more productive. It's much harder to just magically get motivated out of nowhere then try and study.

Also I guess you could try and view HSC as a competition against the whole state, not against your cohort. IMO a cohort should work TOGETHER against the state, not against each other.

YonOra

HSC
I'll see this question a lot, "how do I stay motivated?", or on the contrary "how do i obtain motivation". A simple answer, nor video, nor suggestion will suffice. Motivation differs from person to person. Some, count on their financial situation, others feel the need to impress their families, and some simply focus on their future. However, my suggestion to you is to really take some time to reflect on what you want from your education. It can be as narcissistic as you want, or selfless - as long as it gives you that extra push you need.

Moving on, I wouldn't dwell over your assessment 1 tasks. I'm not sure about your school but they're weighted the least for me. Even if this isn't the case for you, It's seriously idiotic to believe that one round of assessment tasks is a be all and end all. However, If you have high goals for yourself, you need to push yourself now. Climbing ranks is no easy feat and shouldn't be scoffed at. So, get yourself together - smash your upcoming exams and you'll do great.

My suggestion for mathematics is to go ahead; cover the bases, but don't forget to revise, revise, revise (especially because of the new syllabus changes to Adv maths, which requires a more... basic approach to questions).

I can't speak much to the rest of your subjects, cause i ditched the science department so fucking fast.

Best of luck :)

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
@BLIT2014 got a C for English and ended up getting a high band 5, if he can do it, you can.
My first assessment(s?) for English I did in fact get a C. I then get b(s?) and an a? for the remaining assessments.

The important thing is to identify why you did not perform as strong in this assessment and target your weaknesses.

Amazing how you remember this Kyufruit.

YonOra

HSC
My first assessment(s?) for English I did in fact get a C. I then get b(s?) and an a? for the remaining assessments.

The important thing is to identify why you did not perform as strong in this assessment and target your weaknesses.

Amazing how you remember this Kyufruit.
What'd your ATAR end up being, BLIT?

YonOra

HSC
Never seen someone boldly ask someone what their atar was
Just figured after the HSC you don't care.
Should rephrase: if you're comfortable that is, BLIT 😂

Last edited:

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
What'd your ATAR end up being, BLIT?
Good question I don't actually remember.

Would've been over the automatic requirements for Professional Accounting and Business Administration @ Macquarie Uni which you can find out on the Macquarie website.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)