High atar without tutor? (1 Viewer)

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
There are people who get 99.95 who don't do -any- tutoring every single year. :)

C

colourhide

haha yea.. i just needed to know there were people out there.

because my ex tutor had told me that i wouldn't get anywhere without her and that max i could get is 80. i wanted to leave so bad because it was so expensive but that thought of getting only 80 made me stay for the past few years.

itszen

HSC
Well you can get a low atar WITH tutor. So of course you can get a high atar with no tutor. I find people with no tutor have less stress anyways.

Trans4M

HSC
Uni Grad
There are people who get 99.95 who don't do -any- tutoring every single year. :)
definately true.

i know someone who got 99.90 and never did tutoring in her life :D

Deer

Premium Member
HSC
Oh yeah, come to think of it, the 99.95 at my school this year had no tutoring. : )

ultraman8

Banned
HSC
N/A
The ones with high ATARS usually don't do tutoring. And also depends on the definition of high ATAR

Squishxmishyx

Olive You.
HSC
The ones with high ATARS usually don't do tutoring. And also depends on the definition of high ATAR
That would seem right because the ones who do go tutor are probably forced to be good at everything.
The ones who don't have tutor have a natural thirst for knowledge or have a high motivation.
These people are independent.

If you're a really dependent person who needs a push/attention, like me... You're probably better off with a tutor.
But if your attitude is more like "YEAH BRING IT ON 2011, I'M GOING TO ACE THIS SHIT" then you would probably succeed without a tutor, and in life.
It all depends on you.

red-butterfly

HSC
I got a decent high atar (93.7) without any tutoring at all.

You just need to be extremely motivated and have a very well planned study plan

iSplicer

HSC
Uni Grad
Trust me, -very- few. But Aerath is right, they do exist - so it's possible =).

IMHO, tutoring is a LOT, LOT more useful to be inspired/mentored by the person tutoring you rather than the material itself. That's how it happened for me anyway.

smileyhou12

HSC
My ATAR is 96.05 and the only tutoring I did was for English for a few weeks. In my opinion the tutoring was a waste of time. All I did was write essays. That's it. You can do that at home by yourself and then give them to your teacher to mark without paying hundreds. Like everyone else has been saying, study until you feel you know the content. I studied most for history and maths, and less for English. Study as much or as little as you want. Your marks will reflect what you've done throughout the year.

I went to one of the lowest ranked schools in the state - anything's possible!

_j-sbugs_24

HSC
i got 99.30 without ever having a tutor. so i say it's definitely possible =]

C

colourhide

My ATAR is 96.05 and the only tutoring I did was for English for a few weeks. In my opinion the tutoring was a waste of time. All I did was write essays. That's it. You can do that at home by yourself and then give them to your teacher to mark without paying hundreds. Like everyone else has been saying, study until you feel you know the content. I studied most for history and maths, and less for English. Study as much or as little as you want. Your marks will reflect what you've done throughout the year.

I went to one of the lowest ranked schools in the state - anything's possible!
how would you study comprehension ? or texts that ask questions like describe how image depicts the idea of belonging. or those how does it portray questions.

i think i can cope with writing essays it's just i'm not too sure on how to approach studying what i said above.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)