High Scaling Subjects (1 Viewer)

Aznmichael92

HSC
lyounamu said:
You never get compensated for other subjects. But you are right, raw mark of 99% (instead of 99 since MX2 is out of 120), is probably the top mark in the state. I remember Samuel Gardam saying that he probably got 117 or 118 out of 120 in MX2 (he came first for MX2 in the state as an accelerant student).

I am hoping for over 100/120 when I do MX2.
thats good :D

slowdanceee

HSC
Could anyone tell me about the scaling of my subjects?
I'm considering doing:
3U maths
Adv eng
eco
business
VA
bio/physics

lately i've been hearing that business scales really bad like getting a mark of 95 will scale down to 89ish? and i still don't knwo what science to do, but i'll prob drop in year 12. i know i shouldn't be worrying about scaling but i'm just curious.. because to get 95 and get scaled down to 89 would be pretty disappointing.

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
slowdanceee said:
I'm considering doing:
3U maths
Adv eng
eco
business
VA
bio/physics

lately i've been hearing that business scales really bad like getting a mark of 95 will scale down to 89ish? and i still don't knwo what science to do, but i'll prob drop in year 12. i know i shouldn't be worrying about scaling but i'm just curious.. because to get 95 and get scaled down to 89 would be pretty disappointing.
Business Studies and Visual Arts scales pretty shit, Biology scales alright, the rest of your subjects scale pretty high.

bawd

HSC
slowdanceee said:
because to get 95 and get scaled down to 89 would be pretty disappointing.
That's why you want to get 100. :) I hear that Business Studies isn't that hard anyway; just like commerce in year 9/10, but more concepts and in-depth.

Evilo

HSC
Choosing subjects based on how well they scale is a total fail. choose subjects you're interested in, not their percieved rankings, social status etc.

slowdanceee

HSC
kaz1 said:
Business Studies and Visual Arts scales pretty shit, Biology scales alright, the rest of your subjects scale pretty high.
ohkay thankks! yeah, i'm worried VA will take up a lot of time as well, but i'll see how it goes next year.

Doctor Jolly

. Per Aspera Ad Astra *
HSC
lyounamu said:
You never get compensated for other subjects. But you are right, raw mark of 99% (instead of 99 since MX2 is out of 120), is probably the top mark in the state. I remember Samuel Gardam saying that he probably got 117 or 118 out of 120 in MX2 (he came first for MX2 in the state as an accelerant student).

I am hoping for over 100/120 when I do MX2.
I'm aiming for 90+ anything above that would be fab :D

Doctor Jolly

. Per Aspera Ad Astra *
HSC
slowdanceee said:
I'm considering doing:
3U maths
Adv eng
eco
business
VA
bio/physics

if you really want to know, VA is the worst scaling out of all your subjects. This is your scaling from highest to lowest according to what i remember:
  • 3U maths
  • Ad. Eng
  • Physics
  • Eco
  • Business
  • Bio
  • VA
I'd honestly choose Physics over Bio if you're concerned about scaling. Physics and Economics have roughly the same scaling according to last year.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Doctor Jolly said:
if you really want to know, VA is the worst scaling out of all your subjects. This is your scaling from highest to lowest according to what i remember:
  • 3U maths
  • Ad. Eng
  • Physics
  • Eco
  • Business
  • Bio
  • VA
I'd honestly choose Physics over Bio if you're concerned about scaling. Physics and Economics have roughly the same scaling according to last year.
mx 1 = 1st
eco = 2nd
eng = 3rd
physics = 4th
bio = 5th
busi = 6th
va = last

Evilo

HSC
kaz1 said:
It's only shit if you go shit in the course.

Wassup?

Banned
HSC
Evilo said:
It's only shit if you go shit in the course.
Not necessarily. I had a cousin who did Arabic Continuers and he scored a mark of 85 and it was scaled down to 46. :bomb:

slowdanceee

HSC
Wassup? said:
Not necessarily. I had a cousin who did Arabic Continuers and he scored a mark of 85 and it was scaled down to 46. :bomb:
wow i didn't know marks could get scaled so low ._.

Anonymou$

HSC
Wassup? said:
That's bad scaling.
An 86 to a fail :eek:
I thought it would of scaled higher.

hvf26

Awesome Member
HSC
i seriously dont know whhy people worry abuot scaling so much...do a subject if you like it, dont worry about the scaling..==
like seriously you wont get scaled down that badly or get scaled up really high aswell

but WTH that arabic continuers course...o_o"

sonyaleeisapixi

inkfacewhorebitchpixie.
HSC
Wassup? said:
Depends on how long ago he did the HSC though.
I remember my teacher telling us about the first year of the new system, and his son doing it. Average student, and none of the teachers really understood how it all worked.

He got about 70-75 in all his assessment tasks, were expecting around that for his UAI. Maybe a little lower?

UAI of 35.

His subjects weren't bad scaling, just average, like business studies and modern history, but apparently in the first few years average marks in average scaled subjects got absoulutely hammered.

Like, he also said that year he had a great modern history student, got 85+ in her assessments, and that would of been about her raw mark in the HSC for her paper.
It got bumped down to like 72 or something he said.

But yeah, point is, its changed a fair bit.

koizora

HSC
N/A
hi all!!!
does anyone knows IT vet is a scaling subject or not???
i'm confusing should i choose IT vet or not...some peole told us IT vet is a most scaling subject but others said it's not true....

HSC
koizora said:
hi all!!!
does anyone knows IT vet is a scaling subject or not???
i'm confusing should i choose IT vet or not...some peole told us IT vet is a most scaling subject but others said it's not true....
mx2 is the highest scaling..

followed by most extension language courses..

generally..vet courses scale poorly..

supercalamari

you've got the love
HSC
Evilo said:
Choosing subjects based on how well they scale is a total fail. choose subjects you're interested in, not their percieved rankings, social status etc.
That's what I have been told by everyone- except maths teachers :D I don't care if my subjects scale badly, I'll just try really hard and then hopefully get into UNcle anyway

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)