• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Highest UAI '09 (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GUSSSSSSSSSSSSS

HSC
Yeah, include jellybelly, the-derivative, doctor jolly, MONKEY.julz and that's my list of talent :).
annabackwards procrastinates too much and is PROUD of it LOL hahaha but she do pretty well

i dunno how good the others are i dun talk to them ...

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC
annabackwards procrastinates too much and is PROUD of it LOL hahaha but she do pretty well

Well they're the old BOS members (except MONKEY.julz) and I see rising talent in them too :).

Edit: Aplus as well.

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC

Aha leave me alone... i've actually started my modern assignment now after procrastinated as much as i could for the past 5 or so hours =="

But there will be lots of high achievers on BoS :D

GUSSSSSSSSSSSSS

HSC
Aha leave me alone... i've actually started my modern assignment now after procrastinated as much as i could for the past 5 or so hours =="

But there will be lots of high achievers on BoS :D
KK i wont distract you HERE....or on FACEBOOK

++NO prince of tennis....DO NOT WATCH....well until late tonite at least

good luck studying =]]]

GUSSSSSSSSSSSSS

HSC
Well they're the old BOS members (except MONKEY.julz) and I see rising talent in them too :).

Edit: Aplus as well.
wat about you then??? wud u be part of this...old BoS members wacky thingo?? and wud that mean u get high UAI too???

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Please deduct me from the list. This puts unncessary pressure on me and what you guys know about me isn't exactly true...because I am not really good.

To be perfectly honest, no one would beat lolokay and jetblack (I keep repeating this)...

i know jetblack in real life and gosh he is a TANK. He can potentially top cosmology seeing that the other potential topper didn't even hand in his 1st assignment @.@...another guy who is good isn't exactly good at English so my bet goes to Jetblack for cosmo...

considering his academic aptitude in maths and sciences and english, he is well on his way for 99.90+ UAI as 99.95 or 100 would def require luck as additional quality.

now about lolokay. I know he was in physics olympiad camp and that suggests his science aptitude. His ingenius mathematical skill has been demonstrated throughout the maths forum. I don't know him in real life but I can daresay that he has a great chance of getting around the mark that puts him the top if not one of the top.

I might actually include kamal too seeing how smart he is. (he is the dude who came 3rd in chem as an accelerant in 2008) ..I don't know much about him but I shared a very good convo with him many times...from that, he is def one of the top.

so it goes lolokay, jetblack and kamal (not necessarily in this order)...mark my words...they are the absolute top bosers i know around here.

/thread

EDIT: This might be too early to tell but in complete honesty for those people above, it's not too early because they are just too good...

Last edited:

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC
wat about you then??? wud u be part of this...old BoS members wacky thingo?? and wud that mean u get high UAI too???
Reshad is, and I'm certain he'll be one of them with a high UAI.
He'll probably kick my ass.

But in saying that, I agree with dp's previous posts, it's too early to tell and doctor jolly's post that as long as everyone reaches their goals.

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
KK i wont distract you HERE....or on FACEBOOK

++NO prince of tennis....DO NOT WATCH....well until late tonite at least

good luck studying =]]]
Aha, i got up to episode 54 before i stopped XD

And don't worry, there's nothing on facebook that's interesting right now and i won't be doing anything until i finish the 1st part to my assignment. I'm quite determined to so I'll finish it! And thanks for the luck :)

jet

Banned
HSC
...namu, you're saying alot about me which is putting alot of pressure on me. lol...

dp624

HSC
it seriously is way too early =.=
and pressure's good xD - the more you have (to a certain degree) the better you'll do because of motivation

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
it seriously is way too early =.=
and pressure's good xD - the more you have (to a certain degree) the better you'll do because of motivation
But when is it not early?

I mean, we are on some internet forum that we never know how people perform unless we know them in real life. And also throughout the course of HSC, we will never get to know how they perform anyway unless they post up their marks and ranks progressively throughout their HSC period.

I know two of the people i mentioned and their achievements while I don't realy know lolokay but seeing his help around the forum, it is easy to realise how great he is in maths - just god-like in some questions - besides, he was part of physics olympiad - that suggests something.

It won't hardly make any difference ...

I am sure you were expected by others to get 100 UAI or so from this time around at least.

jet

Banned
HSC
I havent posted up my ranks, How do you know i'm going so well?

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
I havent posted up my ranks, How do you know i'm going so well?
I know you in real life first of all and how you did in 4/3 unit maths...and how well you are doing now in cosmo

besides I saw you at the camp and you were easily the smartest guy except kevin.

EDIT: You told me your ranks at the camp...as well haha

dp624

HSC
But when is it not early?

I mean, we are on some internet forum that we never know how people perform unless we know them in real life. And also throughout the course of HSC, we will never get to know how they perform anyway unless they post up their marks and ranks progressively throughout their HSC period.

I know two of the people i mentioned and their achievements while I don't realy know lolokay but seeing his help around the forum, it is easy to realise how great he is in maths - just god-like in some questions - besides, he was part of physics olympiad - that suggests something.

It won't hardly make any difference ...

I am sure you were expected by others to get 100 UAI or so from this time around at least.
No I was not nearly expected to get what I got at this time; I had stuffed up year 11 quite badly and had 'fallen off the radar' so to speak (ranked ~30s for sciences, ~80s for english, etc)

Not early - hmm, I think it varies from 'school to school' ie if your school periodically performs well, then the time when 'you know' gets pushed back. You have a better indication of yourself because you know where you lie.
I think not early would be:
high ranked school: post-trials - even so, it might turn out weirdly. note that some very high ranked schools e.g. NSG or HG didn't even get any 100s last year.
other schools: too hard to say; i mean someone who tops every subject might go very randomly. so; always too early til results come out

On the olympiads note - i know a lot of people who were at camp and didn't state rank or do so well in them. Some were even part of the team and got medals etc. The reason for this is because the two analyse much different things

And the point is, on internet forums, you can't tell at all. So, I'd just like to say such speculation is quite moot

dp624

HSC
I know you in real life first of all and how you did in 4/3 unit maths...and how well you are doing now in cosmo

besides I saw you at the camp and you were easily the smartest guy except kevin.

EDIT: You told me your ranks at the camp...as well haha
how does one define smartness?
i know a lot of purely 'smart' people (ie very fast at picking up concepts and very insightful) who are quite lazy and didn't do so well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)