Hitler (1 Viewer)

cerebrum

HSC
I guess hitler was intelligent to understand the situation enough to know when the people will be easily manipulated. However he was an evil man.... Its just hard for me to admit someone so evil could be intelligent.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
I don't think you can call someone an idiot for having opposing views (unless they justify them stupidly). Noam Chomsky is one of the greatest geniuses of our time (imo), but I also think he's wrong.

hfis

Dyslexic Fish
HSC
N/A
He salvaged an otherwise dead economy, united the country, took control of it, and then took control of the European continent. Bear in mind that he started out as a washed up artist speaking in a small beer house.

It takes intelligence to do that. If it wasnt for his paranoia/madness towards the end of the war, he probably would have gone even further.

shady_03

Sue me....
HSC
Its interesting, as bad as he was, he did alot of good things for germany. After world war 1 he resurrected the economy, restored pride in the german people and (if he didnt decide 2 try and overtake russia) prolly would have controlled all of europe. He was intelligent, a strong leader, a murderer and an asshole

wanderlust

HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
But if you ask me I agree with wanderlust, anyone who thinks Hitler was stupid has to be stupid themselves.
Well said!

is a roflcopter
HSC
evil and intelligence are not mutually exclusive

hitler is the most famous person on this planet, gotta respect that at least :)

cerebrum

HSC
Hitler and war did make way for some good things. Although war is a horrific and terrible thing, it does increase the demand for better technology.

james_chappo

Neurotic To The Bone
HSC
Hitler wasn't the only one with intelligence. The Nazi system of government was polycratic. Hitler's popularity at the time can be linked to numerous political, social and economic factors; e.g. depression, anti-semitism, anti-bolshevism - Goebbel's effective propaganda!No doubt Hitler was an intelligent, manipulative and a great orator, however his rise to power must also be largely attributed to the extreme circumstances rather than his leadership abilities and intellect.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
War isn't always bad, this view seems to come from the idea that violence never solves anything. Violence solves alot, if some guy starts flirting with your girl and you walk up and deck him - problem solved.

William_Lawry

NSW Police
HSC
N/A
Not-That-Bright said:
I don't think you can call someone an idiot for having opposing views (unless they justify them stupidly). Noam Chomsky is one of the greatest geniuses of our time (imo), but I also think he's wrong.
hitler was only an idiot for his racial beliefs towards jews.. thats all. apart from that i beleive he was intelligent

james_chappo

Neurotic To The Bone
HSC
shady_03 said:
Its interesting, as bad as he was, he did alot of good things for germany. After world war 1 he resurrected the economy, restored pride in the german people and (if he didnt decide 2 try and overtake russia) prolly would have controlled all of europe. He was intelligent, a strong leader, a murderer and an asshole
Did the ends justify the means - repression, deception through propaganda, anti-semitism - i doubt he restored pride in the non-Aryan German residents!

shady_03

Sue me....
HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
War isn't always bad, this view seems to come from the idea that violence never solves anything. Violence solves alot, if some guy starts flirting with your girl and you walk up and deck him - problem solved.
Or just bomb him...... lol

miss_b

still obsessed...
HSC
hfis said:
It takes intelligence to do that. If it wasnt for his paranoia/madness towards the end of the war, he probably would have gone even further.
Probably not, since all the countries "ganged up on" him...

is a roflcopter
HSC
if he didnt try to take on the russian winter
we could be typing in german right now

shady_03

Sue me....
HSC
james_chappo said:
Did the ends justify the means - repression, deception through propaganda, anti-semitism - i doubt he restored pride in the non-Aryan German residents!
very tru, im more "against" wat he did than for, but u cant disregard the "good" things he did for the ppl....

shady_03

Sue me....
HSC
Newbie said:
if he didnt try to take on the russian winter
we could be typing in german right now
sheizen (not sure if its spelt right lol)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)