Hmm, ever thought you've chosen the wrong course? (1 Viewer)

bregitta

Red is for Rad
HSC
I recommend at least finishing a year of your course. I swapped after one year, and although I still kind of wonder what it would be like if I was back with my old uni friends..I've decided that transferring was the best decision I've ever made.

Yes, you worked bloody hard to get into your course..but if you're hating it now what makes you think you'll enjoy it when you're stuck with it 9-5?
Sooo many of my friends dropped out of their biomed/commerce/law courses to swap into things they actually LIKED eg art/cooking/IT. Yes, you may not earn as much as you would afterwards, but try making a list of your dream job, ignoring wages, and see what comes up.

The course I chose first was based on subjects I HATED at school but they were for smart kids so I thought I should do them. Now I'm studying stuff that would have been scaled down for VCE but my timetable's not 9-5 everyday and assignments don't bore the shit out of me.

Otacon2009

HSC
I was close from withdrawing my Bachelors Degree at my old university. Reason was that no one at Charles Darwin that I was aware of stayed around the campus doing the same degree as me. When I lived there for six months, I was probably three days away from cancelling it. I was only stopped when I learned that tradie jobs aren't that stable (true one can earn a fortune in a short space, however whenever the economy heads south, they are usually the first to go) and employers don't like anyone over 17 because they are tightarses. I decided to try a southern uni and would reassess it if needed at the end of it.

I now see no need to withdraw from my degree. Almost the entire campus at Kelvin Grove focuses on my degree and I guess it does feel kinda nice knowing you are not flying solo.

witide

HSC
I regretted engineering every day last year. It was oh so dreadfully boring.

Transferring was an excellent decision.

HSC
if i wasnt doing engineering i wouldnt be at uni

nothing else could keep me interested for 4 years

you all have such boring courses

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
if i wasnt doing engineering i wouldnt be at uni

nothing else could keep me interested for 4 years

you all have such boring courses
science, like chem or biochem or nuclear physics or something, would've been my next choice instead of engineering.

actually i probably should've chosen that...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)