Holiday Study Goals (1 Viewer)

Essay Questions

HSC
Hey guys what's everyone's goals for the upcoming 6 week holidays? I won't be going anywhere these holidays so I need some helping in deciding what I should be doing with all this free time.

rumbleroar

Survivor of the HSC
HSC
I'm going overseas for half my holz but mums making me do work (lol)

Gonna catch up and start maths homework
Write summaries and notes for everything
Past papers everyday
Hang out with mates
Work on my major work
Cry a little
Repeat

:p I actually have so much to do I'm worried 6 weeks isn't enough

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Hey guys what's everyone's goals for the upcoming 6 week holidays? I won't be going anywhere these holidays so I need some helping in deciding what I should be doing with all this free time.
A very concise suggestion on what you should be doing in this free time: revise over the things you have studied, read ahead on the things you are about to study, make sure you are prepared for any upcoming assessment task which you have received the notification for, and practice under EXAM CONDITIONS to make sure you consolidate all these knowledge, and of course, rest very well-you need to energise yourself for working hard in the upcoming terms:) May you have a productive and enjoyable summer holiday:)

Last edited:

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
A very concise suggestion o what you should be doing in this free time: revise over the things you have studied, read ahead on the things you are about to study, make sure you are prepared for any upcoming assessment task which you have received the notification for, and practice under EXAM CONDITIONS to make sure you consolidate all these knowledge, and of course, rest very well-you need to energise yourself for working hard in the upcoming terms:) May you have a productive and enjoyable summer holiday:)
XD. I also emphasise the point of "enjoyable".

Without rest or enjoyment , you will burn out and hate life lol. (Not that you need to study everyday )

Do it in moderation , but at the same time , please do some productive work like making notes or doing papers.

Good luck!

iEatOysters

HSC
I'll be doing... Essay questions ;D CWIDT. Okay, sorry, lame ahaha.
I'll probably start on my extension creatives and essays + write my module C and belonging essays.
Then I'll chill for like half a week because who studies on Christmas anyway.
Then I'll probs start writing notes and essay plans + start on past papers for maths.
These holidays are going to be funfunfun.

lilcutetricker

HSC
Uni Grad
Holidays in Brissy and Adelaide for a few days, road trips, gymnastic sessions, jumping pillow seshes, getting wasted, studying till 8pm in library with 4u mates, in which i will revise all 3u topics for 2014 and hopefully improve on english (hopefully :( ), smash some preliminary past papers for eco, chem and physics. Thats the plan.

Oh and that UTS u@uni thing. i.e. GIRLSSS :thrust: Or then again, i could just sleep all day for the next 6 weeks and be the lazy, good for nothing that i am and indulge in food that will lead to my inevitable heart attack.

viserys

HSC
Work on history ext major and software major, and get 2/4 music performances down.
Catch on prelim general (just dropped from 2u) and attempt to knock out a couple of chapters from HSC (unlikely)
English creative and read Frankenstein (aiming for twice)
Modern summary + start

I'm pretty much fucked.

laura-jayne14

HSC
Uni Grad
Read my English texts
Catch up on summary notes
Practice Italian questions
Past papers
Find related material

chardy2651

HSC
my aim
to finish 2 economic essays
make economic summary notes
make business summary notes
make geography notes
go over math topics mainly last one
look a little into new topics for math,eco,bus,geo so when school starts you already got idea and know them
few past papers

hawkrider

all class
HSC
N/A
In no order:

Read my English texts
Go over 5.3 maths with my tutor and do homework set by him, then after that do some 2 unit topics
Skim over chemistry and biology textbooks to get an idea of the content
Read Gittin's guide to economics

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

laura-jayne14

HSC
Uni Grad
In no order:

Read my English texts
Go over 5.3 maths with my tutor and do homework set by him, then after that do some 2 unit topics
Skim over chemistry and biology textbooks to get an idea of the content
Read Gittin's guide to economics

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
It is good you want to get a head start but remember to take time out to relax and enjoy your break. It's the last proper holiday you're going to get. Good luck in year 11!

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Going snowboarding :)

Finish Holiday Homework

and relax!

tashe

HSC
N/A
This break is a good time to finish your creative writing for English. You'll need it for AT LEAST your half yearly, yearly and HSC exam.

Many of the people at my school were stressing over what to write for their creative writing a week before half yearly. They had to come up with a creative whilst studying for their other HY exams. You do not want that to happen to you.

Narbs96

HSC
Write summaries for all subjects, complete BOS past exams, RELAX, complete religion HSC and short response questions, detailed revision notes

enoilgam

HSC
It is good you want to get a head start but remember to take time out to relax and enjoy your break. It's the last proper holiday you're going to get. Good luck in year 11!
This pretty much - I wouldnt bother doing too much work if any heading into Year 11. I'd only catch up if I was behind on Maths and maybe read through my texts for English.

For the HSC people, I wouldnt over do it with work. Enjoy the time you have to recharge because you ideally want to be at peak performance around trial/finals time. Just make sure you're up to date with your work and maybe go ahead a bit, but nothing too out there.

elkedag

elkemaand
HSC
Hopefully....
Finish a draft of my EE2 major work and drama individual
Learn maths and chem (properly)
Read my englishes and write my creatives

Fawun

Queen
HSC
A very concise suggestion on what you should be doing in this free time: revise over the things you have studied, read ahead on the things you are about to study, make sure you are prepared for any upcoming assessment task which you have received the notification for, and practice under EXAM CONDITIONS to make sure you consolidate all these knowledge, and of course, rest very well-you need to energise yourself for working hard in the upcoming terms:) May you have a productive and enjoyable summer holiday:)
reading this stresses me out tbh

Fawun

Queen
HSC
step 1: take out work
step 2: cry
step 3: slowly put work away
step 4: cry again later because of the amount of work i haven't done
step 5: repeat

but srsly i have to catch up on the whole core topic of crime for legal, catch up on like 2 topics for 3U because i've neglected that shit, read the Great Gatsby for english, write my english creative, write my english essay, catch up on the second topic for eco, practice writing modern essays and responses, practice writing eco essays, hit maths past papers for 2U, 3U, and some questions for 4U lol

ermagerd i want to neck myself because just looking at that list freaks me out and the holidays haven't even started sigh

fatassmcfat

HSC
Revise all my subjects, finish 1/3 of my va BOW, finish le creatives (which i suck at) for eng and eng ext 1, AND go to UMAT and chem tuition (2 weeks long and 4 hours everyday............. -_-).......

how many hours a day do you guys plan on studying?

sleepyair

HSC
Do core module questions for chemistry and physics
Start and finish my draft for general creative writing piece
Do past papers for 3u and 4u

revise revise read textbooks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)