Holidays before year 12? (1 Viewer)

jimmayy

HSC
Re: Holiday

relax from all this crap from school, but i won't be drinking and all till im acutally legal yeah i obey the effing law.

Fortify

♪웨딩드레스
HSC
Re: 回复: Holiday

tommykins said:
Fuck you're so cool, I wish I was as cool as you.
LAWL.

Originally Posted by tommykins
Well thank you captain obvious.
I Lawl'd again.

I'd try go out with friends for the last time then settle in for some HSC Topics.

bubblesss

HSC
Holiday Workshops/Courses..

hey guys,
r u just going to do a bit of self-study? if so which textbooks would u recommend for 4 unit maths, bio, physics and chem?

:wave:

Last edited by a moderator:

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Re: holiday study

bubblesss said:
hey guys,

anyone know of any holiday workshops which help u to get a headstart for yr 12? if not, is anyone going for holiday courses to any tutoring colleges like matrix, preuni james an etc etc.
is it worth going??????
or r u just going to do a bit of self-study? if so which textbooks would u recommend for 4 unit maths, bio, physics and chem?

:wave:
For matrix, you have to enrol as a student there first and tutoring program is like part of the mainstream course. I think you get free classes for matrix for twice or three times, I am not really sure. When I got ones, I got two free classes. And you have to take an exam to be positioned at certain class. If you are really good and accelerated on your own, you are encouraged to take a test and get into the acceleration class. I think you need more than 75% to get in.

Linee

HSC

It's not worth going to holiday coaching courses. Just study from the textbooks. As for which textbooks, that is what I'm trying to figure out as well.

HSC

planning to do some self study and revision just from my preliminary textbooks

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
回复: Re: holiday study

Don't forget to relax and enjoy yourselves fellas.

youngminii

Banned
HSC

Pacchiru said:
why? preliminary is done with. you might as well start with the studies that are important.
Actually, some schools (like mine) haven't finished the preliminary course
Like I've still got around 4-5 chapters from my 3unit Cambridge Year 11 book to finish
Integration, Log functions, Trig functions, Exp functions etc.
I think I'll blend study of that with my 4unit (Fitzpatrick by the way) book

youngminii

Banned
HSC

Pacchiru said:
maths should be revised.

but why other subjects, where the work will not be repeated. well yeah, you need a basic knowledge of them all, but that is all.
QFT

marcquelle

a.k.a. Michael...Hi!
HSC

i'll do some maths (depending), 4U english for sure, maybe some bio and thats about it the rest is on fun and japan whoooooo

yibbon

HSC
N/A
Re: 回复: Re: holiday study

The little break coming up is the only *real* break you get under after your HSC. Enjoy it while you can.

5233andy

HSC
Re: 回复: Re: holiday study

Planning on self study - download the syllabi, borrow a million books from the library (not really, it's capped at 6 HSC titles) and slowly learn the first few topics - to provide me with background knowledge.

'Tutoring' has taken a whole new level of meaning. In may cases, out of school tuition is as though it is school, well for some people. All individuals should endeavour on prioritising and not allow the workload associated with such institutions take over. I've been noticing a fair few people on this forum who simply praise tutoring, such that it is of greater importance than high school - directly off on a tangent - demises the notion of 'tutoring'.

HSC

Pacchiru said:
why? preliminary is done with. you might as well start with the studies that are important.
to go over maths french and chem because maths builds on preliminary work, french is a continuous cycle of learning new vocab so i want to go over that and chem because i'm a bit confused with some of the concepts e.g. mole concept, that we need in yr 12 so that's why i'm using my preliminary textbooks to go over stuff

and i have chem stuff to do because we haven't finished the energy topic- only done the first two chapters of like a nine chapter topic!

Last edited:

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Gracer09 said:
hey all!

just wondering.. say if u went really bad in yr 11
does the marks get carried to yr 12?

thanks
Hey, meng. No. Nothing gets carried to yr 12. It's a fresh start to everything. Even the topics in yr 11 don't get test in HSC (Except maths). But the skills required during the yr 11 is essential.

marcquelle

a.k.a. Michael...Hi!
HSC
with your subjects nothing gets carried over. But if you to a VET or TVET course this mark may carry over depending on the course

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)