Homosexuality in Australia (2 Viewers)

What do you think of homosexuality in Australia?

• Yes, i strongly support it.

Votes: 673 48.5%
  • I somewhat support it.

Votes: 201 14.5%
  • No opinion

Votes: 181 13.0%
  • I do not support it.

Votes: 334 24.0%

• Total voters

dolbinau

HSC
melanieeeee. said:
i choose to be a catholic lol.
1. Did you go to a Catholic school before you became a catholic

2. Are your parents Catholic, or christian?

(If neither, then you're in the minority)

melanieeeee.

Banned
HSC
katie tully said:
no because it's not your right to post fucking shit over, and over, and over, and over, and over again.

it's your right to shut the fuck up or come up with something half reasonable for people to work with.

it's not even funny anymore, if you're trolling it's not funny. if you're serious, you need your head checked.
how is what i am saying not reasonable.

dolbinau said:
1. Did you go to a Catholic school before you became a catholic

2. Are your parents Catholic, or christian?

(If neither, then you're in the minority)
yes to both. i could have easily chosen not to be its not as if my parents and school can 'force' me to believe something. i choose to be a catholic.

Captain Hero said:
You're very dumb.
because i have different beliefs to you???

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
melanieeeee. said:
how is what i am saying not reasonable.

yes to both. i could have easily chosen not to be its not as if my parents and school can 'force' me to believe something. i choose to be a catholic.

because i have different beliefs to you???
catholic mass and catholic schools do not preach that homosexuals are bad. as for parents if they want to instill catholic values onto their children i believe that they should have the right to. once childs brain has fully developed they can make a judgment for themselves anyway.
LOL YAH. AFTER 18 YEARS OF BRAINWASHING AND SOCIAL CONDITIONING, THEY CAN JUST CHANGE THEIR MINDS LIKE THAT

fuck off.

dolbinau

HSC
Trust me I think it is. I mean, I'm sure you genuinely believe your 'beliefs' as such now and stuff, but if you grew up with a neutral influence of religion it would be unlikely you would be compelled to become a catholic, IMO.

melanieeeee.

Banned
HSC
katie tully said:
LOL YAH. AFTER 18 YEARS OF BRAINWASHING AND SOCIAL CONDITIONING, THEY CAN JUST CHANGE THEIR MINDS LIKE THAT

fuck off.
dolbinau said:
Trust me I think it is. I mean, I'm sure you genuinely believe your 'beliefs' as such now and stuff, but if you grew up with a neutral influence of religion it would be unlikely you would be compelled to become a catholic, IMO.
fair enough but i guess thats just how the system is suppose to work. catholic parents should have the right to instill catholic values onto there child if they wish. once they are old enough and there brain has fully developed if the person wants to reject they should have the right to reject.

jimpoole

HSC
Why don't we get back onto the subject/topic, instead of whinging and bitching??

I don't support homosexuality but I am totally ok with it if:
1. They don't dress up like women
2. They don't crack onto me or something

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
melanieeeee. said:
fair enough but i guess thats just how the system is suppose to work. catholic parents should have the right to instill catholic values onto there child if they wish. once they are old enough and there brain has fully developed if the person wants to reject they should have the right to reject.
so you're freely admitting that catholics hate homosexuals?

dolbinau

HSC
I don't suppose Mod A - In the Wild with BNW was one of your topics for English Advanced? (assuming you do it)

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
zimmerman8k said:
Imho - indoctrinating children with half baked religious ideology is tantamount to child abuse.
omg dom but it's their right, plus when the kids are old enough they can decide for themselves! laowl

melanieeeee.

Banned
HSC
no stop putting words into my mouth. i never mentioned homosexuality. i just talking about catholics and there up bringing. as for catholic church hating homosexuals im pretty sure they dont. i dont think that there is a doctrine that exists that tells us that we should hate homosexuals.

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
melanieeeee. said:
no stop putting words into my mouth. i never mentioned homosexuality. i just talking about catholics and there up bringing. as for catholic church hating homosexuals im pretty sure they dont. i dont think that there is a doctrine that exists that tells us that we should hate homosexuals.
but you're saying, if catholics do hate homosexuality, it's their right to indoctrinate that into their children

Captain Hero

Banned
HSC
N/A
melanieeeee. said:
Because it indoctrinates you you fucking retard and then you end up like you if you're such a credulous moron you can't take these things at face value.

Shit troll, worst troll ever.

hsb39

HSC
melanieeeee. said:
catholic mass and catholic schools do not preach that homosexuals are bad. as for parents if they want to instill catholic values onto their children i believe that they should have the right to. once childs brain has fully developed they can make a judgment for themselves anyway.
The childs brain has developed differently in the sense of belief, it is much harder to change that sort of thing without actually wanting to. Some Catholic churches will tell people that homosexuality is wrong according to the belief system that they have been "brainwashed" into. Don't forget also that many people accept their homosexuality at an age where the brain is not fully developed, and many will not accept it because they think that it is somehow evil.

I have also seen a decent article showing that the Bible is not necessarily against homosexuality, it is rather long, and not all of it is really relevant, only the part that talks about each one of the six Bible verses "against it". Here it is:

http://www.otkenyer.hu/truluck/six_bible_passages.html

Very interesting.

melanieeeee.

Banned
HSC
katie tully said:
but you're saying, if catholics do hate homosexuality, it's their right to indoctrinate that into their children
nah i wasnt really making a link between the homosexuals and catholicism. im not too familiar with the churches stance on homosexuality because my parents/ mass/ school did not mention to me that homosexuals are bad or such. i am just aware of the idea now because of the publicity at world youth day.

zimmerman8k said:
So when they are too young to question anything and will believe whatever their parents tell them, its okay for parents to force religious dogma onto them.

Then after having this forced on them throughout their formative years, finally they can choose to break free of it.

Except many feel guilty about doing it even then, and their families will shun them if they do.

It makes that religion does this though, I mean try convincing an intelligent, educated, well adjusted adult who hasn't been raised to believe in religion to subscribe to that shit.
mmm good point but i think that parents should have the right to instill religious values if they want to. just like they should have the right to instill cultual values. even though they may feel guilty i dont think that this guilt will interfeir with there most inner and true belief.

Captain Hero said:
Because it indoctrinates you you fucking retard and then you end up like you if you're such a credulous moron you can't take these things at face value.

Shit troll, worst troll ever.
yes but they have the ability to reject if the choose to. if they dont then they dont want to. let them continue to be 'brainwashed' if they want to be.

melanieeeee.

Banned
HSC
hsb39 said:
The childs brain has developed differently in the sense of belief, it is much harder to change that sort of thing without actually wanting to. Some Catholic churches will tell people that homosexuality is wrong according to the belief system that they have been "brainwashed" into. Don't forget also that many people accept their homosexuality at an age where the brain is not fully developed, and many will not accept it because they think that it is somehow evil.

I have also seen a decent article showing that the Bible is not necessarily against homosexuality, it is rather long, and not all of it is really relevant, only the part that talks about each one of the six Bible verses "against it". Here it is:

http://www.otkenyer.hu/truluck/six_bible_passages.html

Very interesting.
lol. ive been to different catholic masses in a range of churches and they do none of them mentioned homosexuals are bad. also you do know that catholics dont take the whole bible literally right especially those stories the old testament right.

Last edited:

HalcyonSky

HSC
melanieeeee. said:
nah i wasnt really making a link between the homosexuals and catholicism. im not too familiar with the churches stance on homosexuality because my parents/ mass/ school did not mention to me that homosexuals are bad or such. i am just aware of the idea now because of the publicity at world youth day.
so you havn't even read the bible for yourself?

melanieeeee. said:
yes but they have the ability to reject if the choose to. if they dont then they dont want to. let them continue to be 'brainwashed' if they want to be.
i think you're missing the point of 'brainwashing'

melanieeeee.

Banned
HSC
HalcyonSky said:
so you havn't even read the bible for yourself?
catholicism dont believe that everything the the bible should be taken literally. also the catholicism doesnt believe in reading the bible as some sort of textbook. so no i havent read the bible front to back and i do not plan to.

i think you're missing the point of 'brainwashing'
i believe in the basic right that parents should be able to teach children about religious values. because anywho they can choose to reject it once there brain is fully developed.

sajad07

HSC
melanieeeee. said:
catholicism dont believe that everything the the bible should be taken literally. also the catholicism doesnt believe in reading the bible as some sort of textbook. so no i havent read the bible front to back and i do not plan to.

i believe in the basic right that parents should be able to teach children about religious values. because anywho they can choose to reject it once there brain is fully developed.
me 2:uhhuh:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)