Homosexuality in Australia (7 Viewers)

What do you think of homosexuality in Australia?

• Yes, i strongly support it.

Votes: 673 48.5%
  • I somewhat support it.

Votes: 201 14.5%
  • No opinion

Votes: 181 13.0%
  • I do not support it.

Votes: 334 24.0%

• Total voters

SeCKSiiMiNh

i'm a fireball in bed
HSC
This is not true. If I am overcome with lust towards an very attractive person I know (be they male or female), it would be wrong for me to be tempted by my lust to have sexual contact with them if it violates Gods laws regarding love and marriage. That is, if they are the same sex as me, if they are a family member of mine, or if they are anyone but my partner in marriage, it would be wrong.
No, that's where you're wrong. I'm talking about feelings of love, not lust.

Who is to say that if the homosexual has "natural" love and attraction to people of the same sex, that pedophiles don't have equally "natural" attractions to children, or what the people who engage in beastaility would experince towards animals.
You don't understand the fact that one homosexual might actually love another, so you conclude that it must be lust. How logical!

An extension of your suggestion, if it is a natural urge then it is natural to act upon it and it is right, would condone not only various sexual perversions but also rape.

Can't you see the flaws in your assumption?
rape infringes upon the right and safety of another. homosexual relationships does not.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
Who is to say that if the homosexual has "natural" love and attraction to people of the same sex, that pedophiles don't have equally "natural" attractions to children, or what the people who engage in beastaility would experince towards animals.

An extension of your suggestion, if it is a natural urge then it is natural to act upon it and it is right, would condone not only various sexual perversions but also rape.

Can't you see the flaws in your assumption?
Well, clearly the flaw in your assumption has flown you right by: all of the "perversions" you have listed, i.e. pedophilia, beastiality and rape all involve a lack of consent by one or more parties. A child is incapable of consenting to sex. An animal is incapable of consenting to sex. A rape victim by definition does not consent to sex.

Next argument.

SeCKSiiMiNh

i'm a fireball in bed
HSC
Ive dealt with this matter, 'toenails' - I think even to you. But i'm curious to learn where you think your "rights" actually come from?
Well you must not have been very convincing then. Now let me answer your question with one of my own: Where do your rights come from?

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
They come from the fact that I am created in God's image and thus bestowed with His dignity. This is why my life is sacred and why I view your life as equally so.
Now answer.

SeCKSiiMiNh

i'm a fireball in bed
HSC
They come from the fact that I am created in God's image and thus bestowed with His dignity. This is why my life is sacred and why I view your life as equally so.
Now answer.
In this day and age, I hardly doubt that people refer to god when making laws/statute/declaration/rights etc.. The universal declaration of human rights, croc, anti discrimination laws, family law (i.e. MARRIAGE), and dammit even the property relationships (ammendment) act of 1999 - which recoginises homosexuals relations under defacto relationships.

Now back to your post:

Your right's come from the fact that you are created in god's image? more elaboration please.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Lol that's what I thought. You can sit back and yell and shout that society owes you something like homosexual marriage as a fundamental right, but balk at explaining even the basic origins of these rights in your godless universe. Nice.

SeCKSiiMiNh

i'm a fireball in bed
HSC
Lol that's what I thought. You can sit back and yell and shout that society owes you something like homosexual marriage as a fundamental right, but balk at explaining even the basic origins of these rights in your godless universe. Nice.
Well, if a minority is underhanded, then yes, I feel the law should be remedied. And sorry, but i don't know how to answer your question.

0bs3n3

HSC
In this day and age, I hardly doubt that people refer to god when making laws/statute/declaration/rights etc.. The universal declaration of human rights, croc, anti discrimination laws, family law (i.e. MARRIAGE), and dammit even the property relationships (ammendment) act of 1999 - which recoginises homosexuals relations under defacto relationships.

Now back to your post:

Your right's come from the fact that you are created in god's image? more elaboration please.
Yeah that's why there is Parliamentary prayer groups etc.

This is part of the Queen's full title:

Her Majesty Elizabeth the Second, by the Grace of God, of Great Britain, Ireland and the British Dominions beyond the Seas Queen, Defender of the Faith
Granted she doesn't make laws but leaders are indelibly influenced by their faith.

EDIT: Also Christian influence in Australian culture is undeniable, I mean we even pray to Jesus on Anzac Day. Stop trying to make Australia something it is not.

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
I love how christians say that they have morality, and then that they don't give into their desires because it is against god... So, if it weren't for god you would go around raping and pilaging? That's pretty fucked up. That is pretty much the opposite of morality. It is complete and utter selfishness, abstaining from commiting terrible acts merely because of some expected eternal punishment.

I on the other hand don't commit crime because it is wrong.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
If God does not exist, then everything is permitted. Youve built your house upon the sand, Riet.

At any rate, we all fail and fall short of His glory. Confession of guilt and genuine penance is a huge part of it. It's the pride in sin of the modern homosexual that probably makes the Christian most uncomfortable - no remorse, no shame, no regrets, just spitting in the face of God and persecuting us for calling them on it.

SeCKSiiMiNh

i'm a fireball in bed
HSC
Yeah that's why there is Parliamentary prayer groups etc.

Granted she doesn't make laws but leaders are indelibly influenced by their faith.

EDIT: Also Christian influence in Australian culture is undeniable, I mean we even pray to Jesus on Anzac Day. Stop trying to make Australia something it is not.
homosexuality is not criminalised or punishable by death in both australia and england. christianity has done a great job then! bravo!

and i never heard about the praying to jesus bit for anzac day. don't we just do the 1 minute silence thing?

SeCKSiiMiNh

i'm a fireball in bed
HSC
If God does not exist, then everything is permitted. Youve built your house upon the sand, Riet.

At any rate, we all fail and fall short of His glory. Confession of guilt and genuine penance is a huge part of it. It's the pride in sin of the modern homosexual that probably makes the Christian most uncomfortable - no remorse, no shame, no regrets, just spitting in the face of God and persecuting us for calling them on it.
And you have built your argument from straw. God didn't exist to the aboriginals and they have maintained a peaceful living for 70000 years or more! Now why was this peace disrupted??? Ahh yes, british colonisation, and with that CHRISTIANITY.

EDIT: @ your statement: god does not exist, then everything is permitted

homosexual relations is permitted. does that mean that god doesn't exist?

Last edited:

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
And your church is built on nothing but sand stuck together.

Everything is permitted, it's just that each action has consequences.

Misericorde

HSC

"Defender of the Faith" is a laughable title. You do know it was given to Henry VIII by the Pope before he made a new church to suit himself and was consequently excommunicated, right? And that they later twisted it around to mean Defender of the Anglican faith when it became convenient?

Culturally, Christianity is a big part of Western civilisation. In terms of government, though, Australia is secular.
If God does not exist, then everything is permitted.
Did God arbitrarily make up this set of morality, or does he merely answer to a higher absolute? What could be his basis of making one thing immoral and another moral? Whim?
And you have built your argument from straw. God didn't exist to the aboriginals and they have maintained a peaceful living for 70000 years or more! Now why was this peace disrupted??? Ahh yes, british colonisation, and with that CHRISTIANITY.
No. I'm sorry. No.

0bs3n3

HSC
And your church is built on nothing but sand stuck together.

Everything is permitted, it's just that each action has consequences.
"Everything is permissible"--but not everything is beneficial. "Everything is permissible"--but not everything is constructive.

0bs3n3

HSC
homosexuality is not criminalised or punishable by death in both australia and england. christianity has done a great job then! bravo!

and i never heard about the praying to jesus bit for anzac day. don't we just do the 1 minute silence thing?
Have you ever been to a service besides school?

I've been to a few different ones at RSL's and at army barracks and they both do it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)