Homosexuality in Australia (1 Viewer)

What do you think of homosexuality in Australia?

• Yes, i strongly support it.

Votes: 673 48.5%
  • I somewhat support it.

Votes: 201 14.5%
  • No opinion

Votes: 181 13.0%
  • I do not support it.

Votes: 334 24.0%

• Total voters

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
lalala trip said:
Oh fuck off dear i think your a little bored to say something as stupid as oh but why cant i marry my dog? come on be intelligent SWEETHEART, John Howard chooses to listen to those he agrees with and yes the majority of voters, but how many people protested war on Iraq? and did that stop him from supporting america? no. Its quite a simple issue, the whole of Australia doesnt have to agree on something for it to happen, example: 1968 referendum, white Australia policy there were alot of stupid racist people back then disagreeing with Aboriginal rights, and theres alot of stupid homophobic people now disagreeing with Homosexual rights. Makes sense doesnt it? Give them thier rights and stop complaining Australia.
I want some of what you're smoking.

Seriously though, how can you make the link in that everyone who disagrees with "homosexual rights" are homophobes? Its so much more than that, but here's hoping you will one day see that.

Last edited:
HSC
withoutaface said:
She qualified the nature of a relationship which should be a sufficient condition for marriage, I then took another relationship with the same conditions as what she described, and made a conclusion which was fair under her logic.

There was no referendum because it did not need a constitutional change, but polls from around that period showed support was above 60% (iirc).

EDIT: The majority (78 per cent) of Coalition supporters are in favour of Australian forces being part of military action backed by the UN while 43 per cent of Labor voters remain opposed to any Australian involvement, regardless of the circumstances.

From smh, 2003.
I don’t think that’s correct. The assumption behind her argument was that the two parties were human. Whether it was actually stated or not that was the asumption.

The invasion of Iraq was not backed by the UN.

gerhard

HSC
did someone delete my post in here?

why cant a human marry a dog
i see nothing wrong with this

HSC
gerhard said:
did someone delete my post in here?

why cant a human marry a dog
i see nothing wrong with this
It wasn't deleted, it's just hardly worth replying to.

scotty138

HSC
Riqtay said:
Ok lets assume for a second that God didn't create you, rather it was electrical impulses. My question is, then who created those electrical impulses?

Logic tells us that a creation (ie you) requires a creator. Your parents created you, but then who created the first humans?
read a biology text book - it isnt really that difficult to summise what could have happened. yeah most are theories, but at least they are backed with some kind of evidence, unlike the bible.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ennaybur

HSC
N/A
goldendawn said:
You're creating a circular argument. Western marriage has been defined as the reproductive union between a man and a woman. But this is unsatisfactory. Many Western marriages do not produce children. Western marriage is therefore better understood as a ritualised union meant to enact notions of 'natural law'.

Western 'natural law', which has its roots in Christianity and antiquity, states that a persons biological sex must necessarily correspond to sexual role and also to cultural gender. This is not a universally shared notion - and cultural gender and sexual role are, in anthropology and sociology, distinct categories from biological sex.

Asia and Africa certanly did have marriage. Much of the pre-modern world simply didn't share Western notions of 'natural law', and in many places, sexuality was much less inhibited. In pre-modern China, for example, whilst Confucian law placed emphasis on the continuation of the family line, as long as a man had children he was free to take as many male lovers as he pleased. In the Sepic region of Papua New Guinea, it is believed that all children are born female. Male children must be made - and this is achieved in various ways, including exclusive homosexuality from puberty to adulthood (the individual may also continue to have homosexual relationships for the rest of his life). Also, among the Gheg speaking Albanians of Northern Albania, an individual who is biologically female may assume a male cultural gender. Among native North Americans, 'the two-spirit people' are men who assume a female cultural gender and marry warriors of the tribe.

It's difficult for alot of us in the West to fathom, because we are taught from a young age what are 'appropriate' behaviours for the respective sexes. To many, any variations of these roles are met with anxiety, disgust, fear or condemnation.
QFT

HSC
withoutaface said:
If I can use the exact same logic as what you said about homosexuals marrying to prove that I should be able to marry a dog, then I should either be able to marry a dog, or your logic is faulty.

If you can prove that your dog is a consenting party to the marriage then, yes, you can marry your dog.

dora_18

HSC
agentprovocater said:
Homosexuality is against Islam and Christainaity etc, but I know plenty of Muslims and Christians who have no issue with it. A previous post was right. There is nothing wrong with gay ppl, hence nothing wrong with gay marraige. Gays can love too.

This isnt a Muslim or Christian country...we're a secular democracy, so we definitely should have gay marraige. Or civil unions at least. Canada and some European countries have legalised the civil union thing and should be commended.

Personally, I'm proud of gays out there who can choose to be different and go against society's norms ;)

keep it up!
agreed.

dieburndie

Eat, Sleep, Repeat
HSC
Before I say this I'd like to confirm that I am not a christian and I don't think there is anything wrong with homosexuality or homosexuals.
Having said that, I think christians who have no objection to homosexuality are more stupid than the ones who do. Most of them are part of the loveeveryonedon'toffendanyoneyayhillsongmoshforjesusmodernhiplonghairemotrashhaircutxtreme new christian idiot group who know nothing about the bible and their own supposed religion at all.
Leviticus isn't exactly super vague in it's judgement that they should be put to death. Bible-adherent christians who are fine with homosexuality etc are basically playing the have your cake and eat it too card.
You can pick and choose what you want to live your life according to whatever you want, but you are only doing it because of modern society's P.C pressures.
But I think you should just give up Christianity altogether, so I guess that doesn't really mean a whole lot.

I already know I've just made a whole bunch of assumptions and generalisations based on my own limited observation and understanding, so don't even bother pointing that out.

Last edited:

gerhard

HSC
christians are forced to pick and choose stuff. if they choose to be anti homosexual then they are ignoring the jesus forgiveness parts, if they choose pro(for want of a better term) homosexual, then they are ignoring leviticus.

Calculon

Mohammed was a paedophile
HSC
N/A
gerhard said:
christians are forced to pick and choose stuff. if they choose to be anti homosexual then they are ignoring the jesus forgiveness parts, if they choose pro(for want of a better term) homosexual, then they are ignoring leviticus.
The verse in the old testament which says homosexuality is an abomination is followed by one which emphasises that it's only up to God to judge, and as such I don't think you need to be anti-homosexuals to be a "consistent" Christian, you'd just need to refuse to participate in the acts, but not judge anyone who does so.

EDIT: Ok I was wrong. We must kill the heathens for their sins, or face a mighty wrath.

EDIT2: 17
"Whoever takes the life of any human being shall be put to death;
whoever takes the life of an animal shall make restitution of another animal. A life for a life!
Anyone who inflicts an injury on his neighbor shall receive the same in return.
Limb for limb, eye for eye, tooth for tooth! The same injury that a man gives another shall be inflicted on him in return.
Whoever slays an animal shall make restitution, but whoever slays a man shall be put to death.
You shall have but one rule, for alien and native alike. I, the LORD, am your God."
When Moses told this to the Israelites, they took the blasphemer outside the camp and stoned him; they carried out the command that the LORD had given Moses.

Wow. Just, wow.

Last edited:

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
You always have to pick and choose as a christian... but I don't think many people become a christian, read the bible, then realise they're supposed to hate gays. It's done beforehand, their religious beliefs might just help flare it up a little bit.

SamTan*06*

All alone in a memory! I was beautiful theeeen....
HSC
Calculon said:
The verse in the old testament which says homosexuality is an abomination is followed by one which emphasises that it's only up to God to judge, and as such I don't think you need to be anti-homosexuals to be a "consistent" Christian, you'd just need to refuse to participate in the acts, but not judge anyone who does so.
You always have to pick and choose as a christian... but I don't think many people become a christian, read the bible, then realise they're supposed to hate gays. It's done beforehand, their religious beliefs might just help flare it up a little bit.
Amen.

My best friend is gay. That doesn't make me a heathen, and it doesn't make me one of those people that march the streets, telling people to respect gays and their opinions. (they get me cut when they do that :mad1: ) i like to think of myself as a straight, open minded gal.

dora_18

HSC
SamTan*06* said:
Amen.

My best friend is gay. That doesn't make me a heathen, and it doesn't make me one of those people that march the streets, telling people to respect gays and their opinions. (they get me cut when they do that :mad1: ) i like to think of myself as a straight, open minded gal.
I like to think of myself as a straight fag-hag.
Although..the other day i got asked whether i would give my gay friend a baby.( as in surrogacy) I didn't know what to say to that...im still kinda in shock.

dora_18

HSC
SamTan*06* said:
'straight fag-hag' hahahah i like that...........

As for having his baby...no.
lol, not right now or anything..but if the situation presents itself in the future. I have a million reasons to go through with it..and a million reasons not to.

dieburndie

Eat, Sleep, Repeat
HSC
Calculon said:

EDIT: Ok I was wrong. We must kill the heathens for their sins, or face a mighty wrath.

whoever takes the life of an animal shall make restitution of another animal. A life for a life!
Limb for limb, eye for eye, tooth for tooth! The same injury that a man gives another shall be inflicted on him in return.
Whoever slays an animal shall make restitution, but whoever slays a man shall be put to death.
You shall have but one rule, for alien and native alike. I, the LORD, am your God."
When Moses told this to the Israelites, they took the blasphemer outside the camp and stoned him; they carried out the command that the LORD had given Moses.

Wow. Just, wow.
So what does this amount to? Do you agree or disagree or are you just confused?

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
It is more analysing how Christians who don't believe homosexuality is wrong is no more then Christians who don't support corporal and capital punishment. We should according to the bible slay adulteres as well. But suprisingly that doesn't get mentioned too much.

HSC
Calculon said:

Wow. Just, wow.
Jesus changed the laws anyway, so that's probably why we don't stone adulterer's and homosexuals.
Matthew 5:38–39: You have heard that it was said, “An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth.” But I tell you, do not resist an evil person. If someone strikes you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also. And if someone wants to sue you and take your tunic, let him have your cloak as well.

Christians have no right to be anti-homosexual, I mean, they have no right to discriminate against homosexuals, as long as they themselves do not practice it. Discriminating against them is breaking one of the two most important commandments, according to J.C.

John 13:34
A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you.

SamTan*06*

All alone in a memory! I was beautiful theeeen....
HSC
ElendilPeredhil said:
Jesus changed the laws anyway, so that's probably why we don't stone adulterer's and homosexuals.
Matthew 5:38–39: You have heard that it was said, “An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth.” But I tell you, do not resist an evil person. If someone strikes you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also. And if someone wants to sue you and take your tunic, let him have your cloak as well.

Christians have no right to be anti-homosexual, I mean, they have no right to discriminate against homosexuals, as long as they themselves do not practice it. Discriminating against them is breaking one of the two most important commandments, according to J.C.

John 13:34
A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you.
OMG!!! :eek: some one knows what they're talking about!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)