Homosexuality in Australia (3 Viewers)

What do you think of homosexuality in Australia?

• Yes, i strongly support it.

Votes: 673 48.5%
  • I somewhat support it.

Votes: 201 14.5%
  • No opinion

Votes: 181 13.0%
  • I do not support it.

Votes: 334 24.0%

• Total voters

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
I think a backlash is brewing to be honest

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
You are no longer needed! The star of Catholicism will rise and yours will sink! Your death knell has sounded!

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Yes. But there's a window of opportunity, I think, for the Church to reestablish herself, especially in tough economic times when people are freed from the haze of materialism. There's a great emptiness about modern western societies. I think that we're watching individualism fail atm. All corporate promises for personal fulfillment have proven to be lies and exploitation. Following this life is building your house on sand - the money is worthless, it vanishes.

People need grounding, they crave it too. The Church has been an immutable, unchanging source of authority for hundreds of years. It has not succumbed to the false promises of constant "Change". It is only IN the world, but not OF the world. It is a rock which people will flock back to, and she will throw open her doors to the prodical sons

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
U shud read Grapes of Wrath.
I think that the old dusty ideologies have reached a fork in the road at a critical juncture. Conservatism is really all we have left, in terms of saving the planet and rebuilding our social lives

supercalamari

you've got the love
HSC
Iron said:
U shud read Grapes of Wrath.
I think that the old dusty ideologies have reached a fork in the road at a critical juncture. Conservatism is really all we have left, in terms of saving the planet and rebuilding our social lives
How so? Bullshit.

inter108

HSC
As long they don't interfere in my life.

They can live they're s without hassle.

Simple.

nataliaa.cc

HSC
Putting down homosexuality on the basis of religion is ridiculous, basically all relgion says that "only God can judge people" and that "God is all-forgiving" not "God says don't have homosexual sex". The end.

I know lots of gay people who are very nice.
No issues with it.

DownInFlames

Token Member
where I spend the vast majority of my time
HSC
nataliaa.cc said:
Putting down homosexuality on the basis of religion is ridiculous, basically all relgion says that "only God can judge people" and that "God is all-forgiving" not "God says don't have homosexual sex". The end.

I know lots of gay people who are very nice.
No issues with it.
No it's not. It's just the same as any value you might hold as a religious person. (yeah yeah I know, everyone's going to protest "yeah so it's just as ridiculous" but your prejudices aside...) The point where it gets ridiculous is when you start telling other people that they can't do it because of your religion.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
katie tully said:
Why the anti gay crusades, Eye-Ron?
Lol the old switcheroo!
Seriously, I find it strange that you're somewhat opinionated on this. Seems... inconsistent with the tough as nails thing you do that sends me damp behind the knees?

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
Iron said:
Lol the old switcheroo!
Seriously, I find it strange that you're somewhat opinionated on this. Seems... inconsistent with the tough as nails thing you do that sends me damp behind the knees?
How so good sir?

I am being tough as nails towards opponents of gay marriage. I feel anger and violent tendencies towards those who oppose my views on homosexual marriage.

Why Eye-Ron, I'm no more opinionated on this than I am on Abos, Africans, terrorists and the loonie left. :wave:

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
But the gay crusade IS the aboriginal-romanticising, terrorist-loving, loonie left?!
Surely they've pecked your eyes out!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)