Homosexuality in Australia (1 Viewer)

What do you think of homosexuality in Australia?

• Yes, i strongly support it.

Votes: 673 48.5%
  • I somewhat support it.

Votes: 201 14.5%
  • No opinion

Votes: 181 13.0%
  • I do not support it.

Votes: 334 24.0%

• Total voters

TrueHappiness

HSC
*sigh*
i meant anal sex between 2 men, and yeah it is mentioned specifically in the bible:

Leviticus 18:22 (New International Version)
22 " 'Do not lie with a man as one lies with a woman; that is detestable.

The hebrew words Mishkevei ishshah means literally "after the manner of lying with a woman by the introduction of the male member."

In any case until you actually have a shred of fucking evidence that your creator is anything other than a fairytale your views should have no bearing on public policy or law :)
Yeas, you cannot have sexual relations with same sex. Your point being?

Secondly, our God has various credulous evidences that you are mis-informed, or rather just lackign information about. At least I believe so, but you can arugue otherwise.

The effect upon the citizens who make up society is fairly evident and has bearings upon public policy and law.

Name_Taken

HSC
But people don't have a right to not be offended. That's the critical difference.

Removing discrimination trumps offence, every time. At least in civilised societies.
People have a right to their own beliefs (that homosexuality for example is actually not ok).

Furthermore people have a right not to tolerate behaviours that they percieve as immoral.

That doesn't mean people should be prevented from doing said behaviour because a section of society sees it as immoral, but that section has the right for their view to be respected.

It is just as legitimate for me to say homosexuality is a sin, as it is for a liberal with an agenda to prance about on TV telling me that it is natural and healthy and that I should abandon my faith and sense of morality and promote evil as he is.

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
lol whatever happened to the goodwill in this debate. Such a vicious trench mentality these days. I miss joking with mine enemies
Gay team are humourless sods kidding themselves into thinking that they actually have a srs moral cause to champion. Hurtful and stubborn
As are you friend.

As are you.

You just don't get it.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
I have done so for so long, you're just new and haven't seen any of it, but when people pursue of the discrimination of a set of people despite all reason and attempts to stop them it is hard to not get upset.
Cool your jets, Atticus...?

Will Shakespear

mumbo magic
HSC
Rofl.

Your assumptions are so stupid I'm going to infer that they are actually sarcastic.

Sex is a gift, for use between a man and a women within the context of marriage, to renew their love and to make babies :)

It is possible for people to express love without sex.

Denying homosexuals marriage "rights" is hardly segregating them from society.
Sex isn't a gift, it's an adaptation for producing offspring with greater genetic diversity. We now have well-supported explanations of how and why sexual reproduction exists. We know why and how 2 different sexes appeared, one with very large gametes & one with very small.

This stuff is just about on par with saying thunder comes from an angry god.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
We have a useful physical explanation from scientific observation, but nothing deeper. Your enlightened approach is to say that there is nothing deeper than the physical explaination and gee is that dandy!@

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
People have a right to their own beliefs (that homosexuality for example is actually not ok).

Furthermore people have a right not to tolerate behaviours that they percieve as immoral.

That doesn't mean people should be prevented from doing said behaviour because a section of society sees it as immoral, but that section has the right for their view to be respected.

It is just as legitimate for me to say homosexuality is a sin, as it is for a liberal with an agenda to prance about on TV telling me that it is natural and healthy and that I should abandon my faith and sense of morality and promote evil as he is.
So you're saying it's okay for the law to discriminate against people because it would offend you if it didn't and your right to not be offended/have your views respected is more important than their right to not be discriminated against.

Oh wait, I forgot, Christians are bigger and better and more important than anyone else. I forgot.

Oh and BTW, you're using "liberal" in an American context. We're not in America.

Will Shakespear

mumbo magic
HSC
Yeas, you cannot have sexual relations with same sex. Your point being?

Secondly, our God has various credulous evidences that you are mis-informed, or rather just lackign information about. At least I believe so, but you can arugue otherwise.

The effect upon the citizens who make up society is fairly evident and has bearings upon public policy and law.
My point is

don't you find it a bit odd that the all powerful, all knowing creator of the entire universe cares so much about a penis entering a guy's ass?

i.e. don't all the weird superstitions and arbitrary laws in both testaments seem to suggest the whole thing is a bit man-made?

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
kway i'm pretty sure your mysterious claims of legal discrimination are overblown. The Rudd government has set out to remove viritually all remaining legal discrimination against homo couples as I understand it. They are married in everyhting but name.
The only legal case left for you IS the name - marriage. Why the fuck would you care about this/.
a fag by any other name, hey
LOL

Will Shakespear

mumbo magic
HSC
We have a useful physical explanation from scientific observation, but nothing deeper. Your enlightened approach is to say that there is nothing deeper than the physical explaination and gee is that dandy!@
I also happen to think the natural explanation is much deeper, and much more satisfying.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
My point is

don't you find it a bit odd that the all powerful, all knowing creator of the entire universe cares so much about a penis entering a guy's ass?

i.e. don't all the weird superstitions and arbitrary laws in both testaments seem to suggest the whole thing is a bit man-made?
Your recent foray into this issue has disappointed me bc ignorantce
The life giving act should only be adapted for life giving purposes. Sure ppl will occasionally fail in this, but they shouldnt gloat about this failure to essentially respect the dignity of life
they should confess it and cleanse their conscience

TrueHappiness

HSC
Like what? You're saying that gay marriage should remain illegal because some religious person will get so offended they'll go on a mad rampage and hurt someone?

Man, that says a lot about your religion(s).
Certainly your hypothesis may occur. It does say alot about HUMANITY. We are truly easily corrupitable beings, with people can utilise religion itself to cause hurt and pain.

Take the example of so called "Islamic based" terriosim. Now Islam does not teach one to fly planes into buildings. But rather the false teacher, who preach corruptible messages dictate the destruction and agony caused. They are given a reason by the West's actions or just merely being the west. This is not due to religion, but due to human evilness, and the distortion of certain messages for personal gain.

Now i do not want to moralise upon the state of human beings. But it is clearly visible that we are failures. If we are all like Christ, or even just Iron and Name_Taken, or any other human being that is with humility, education, warm mannered and calmness, with these qualities overocming hate and violence, then perhaps the world will be in far better shape today. But we are not. Humanity fails, and is with flaws, even I dare say, in the most Godly humanbeings, the most religious.

But this is certain. Reason give rise to Hate. And Hate leads to repecussions.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
I also happen to think the natural explanation is much deeper, and much more satisfying.
Ok
But we take the whole explanation and slap on the entire world of morality, so..

if you have a milkshake
and i have a milkshake

iDRINKYOoooUR milkshake

you may have 'hows', but not 'whys'

Name_Taken

HSC
So you're saying it's okay for the law to discriminate against people because it would offend you if it didn't and your right to not be offended/have your views respected is more important than their right to not be discriminated against.

Oh wait, I forgot, Christians are bigger and better and more important than anyone else. I forgot.

Oh and BTW, you're using "liberal" in an American context. We're not in America.
Nooo, I'm saying its my right to condemn what is wrong as sin, despite the opinions of others.

I can hold whatever intolerences I wish (as can you), but that doesn't mean we must descriminate. I see homosexuality as a sin and a perversion but that doesn't mean I abandon my friend because he says hes gay, nor does it mean that I descriminate against gay people appyling for a job or w/e.

I can disapprove of your actions and choices without having to express animosity towards you. Intolerence and descrimination are not hand in hand (althogh often one leads to the other).

Hate the sin not the sinner.

And for crying out loud, Christians are not better than anyone else and we have never claimed to be.

TrueHappiness

HSC

Christians are merely as worse as any other human being on this planet. They are no better, and if they act as if they are then its a testimony to their sinfulness.

Will Shakespear

mumbo magic
HSC
Your recent foray into this issue has disappointed me bc ignorantce
The life giving act should only be adapted for life giving purposes. Sure ppl will occasionally fail in this, but they shouldnt gloat about this failure to essentially respect the dignity of life
they should confess it and cleanse their conscience
Every sperm is sacred.
Every sperm is great.
If a sperm is wasted,
God gets quite irate.

Well, I'd interpret non-life-giving sex as another example of a uniquely human trait - going against what our genes would have us programmed to do.

So you might like to cite contraception as evidence that we are more special than other animals :haha:

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
Christians are merely as worse as any other human being on this planet. They are no better, and if they act as if they are then its a testimony to their sinfulness.
But that's what you're saying. The right for Christians (&etc) to not be offended over gays getting married is more important than allowing gays to get married.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)