Homosexuality in Australia (1 Viewer)

What do you think of homosexuality in Australia?

• Yes, i strongly support it.

Votes: 673 48.5%
  • I somewhat support it.

Votes: 201 14.5%
  • No opinion

Votes: 181 13.0%
  • I do not support it.

Votes: 334 24.0%

• Total voters

JasmineNuytre

I AM ACTUALLY BIGPOLE
HSC
mate you are all over the place. you said you didnt beleive in the christian god. now go home and take a long hard look in the mirror young man
No I didnt, I said I DO believe in the Christian God but disregard a lot of the bible. I am reevaluating my stance now after being rebutted in this thread.

SeCKSiiMiNh

i'm a fireball in bed
HSC
No I didnt, I said I DO believe in the Christian God but disregard a lot of the bible. I am reevaluating my stance now after being rebutted in this thread.

goodie, now repeat after me: in-con-sis-tent

also:
I DONT BELIEVE IN THE BIBLE.

I believe in God but no organized religion.

I dont need to explain my belifs to you.
am i understanding that incorrectly?

EDIT: i swear you must be a mole, hired by a one of these churchies (i got my eyes on you alex.... in the good way as well :)) to be a "homosexual". Then after a few pissweak arguments you "learn the error of your ways" and profess to live a life of abstinance. am i getting warm?

Last edited:

Tangent

HSC
Assuming makes an ass out of u and me

and there is no such thing as a stupid question, so please let him answer

JasmineNuytre

I AM ACTUALLY BIGPOLE
HSC
SecsCmInh or whatever ur name is. I explained my stance already, but I'll do it again:

I didnt say I was a Christian because I didnt believe in the whole extent of the bible, however you must of missed this post which I posted several pages back:

I believe in the Christian God, and I believe what Jesus said. However I do not believe in the Christian religion or the Bible overall. I dont even consider myself religious or a Christian. I consider myself a spirtual person.

Tangent, really if God doesn't accept me performing the physical act of homosexuality, I would stop. I cant change my sexuality but I can abstein from homosexual Sex since it is what God wants. God has been a big force in my life these last 6 months, and I truly believe he exists and is watching over me.

Last edited:

Tangent

HSC
Hehe, its a catchy phrase. And it's true. Why did your maths teacher use it?

On Topic: Equality!

Tangent

HSC
Tangent, really if God doesn't accept me performing the physical act of homosexuality, I would stop. I cant change my sexuality but I can abstein from homosexuality Sex since it is what God wants. God has been a big force in my life these last 6 months, and I truly believe he exists and is watching over me.
But you dont know what God's stance is on homosexuality. If you think about it, there really is no reason at all. Still, it is something you have to make your own mind up about, and may whatever decision you make lead you to happiness.

Last edited:

JasmineNuytre

I AM ACTUALLY BIGPOLE
HSC
But you dont know what God's stance is on homosexuality. If you think about it, there really is no reason at all. Still, it is something you have to make your own mind up about, and may whatever decision you find lead you to happiness.
Yeah you're right.

I dont want to make any rash decisions, I'll really give this a lot of thought since I still have some doubts. I'll start researching how other Gay Christians live their lives while still beliving in God.

Tangent

HSC
Yeah you're right.

I dont want to make any rash decisions, I'll really give this a lot of thought since I still have some doubts. I'll start researching how other Gay Christians live their lives while still beliving in God.
There is also a difference between the christian god and the christian religion

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah you're right.

oxymoron

Tangent

HSC
Depends how u take religion. Also depends if you take the bible literally, and stand by everything that is in it.

If you use Christianity as a guideline for life, or just leave out all the outdated stuff, then i think you are still a christian. Meaning that you dont have to abstain from homosexual urges to be christian

Name_Taken

HSC
No since the Christian religion from my intepretation doesnt condem being Gay but the actual sexual act.
Xactly.

Its to do with the manipulation and abuse of what sex was intended for. Bet it outside of marriage the context it was designed for, between people for which it was not intended etc, it becomes a sin.

Name_Taken

HSC
Depends how u take religion. Also depends if you take the bible literally, and stand by everything that is in it.

If you use Christianity as a guideline for life, or just leave out all the outdated stuff, then i think you are still a christian.
Its not so much outdated than it is just not relevant. It is still important however, becuase it gives insights into God and His relationship with the early Israelites.

What is said in the Mosiac code, can be broken up into civil, moral and ceremonial laws.

The ceremonial laws are not applicable for us anymore, eg. animal sacrifce, since our sins are now forgiven through Christ.

Civil laws relate to punishments and other stuff, like not eating pork (I think that civil and not ceremonial).

Moral laws however are still relevant. These are like not having homosexual sex, not having sex with family members, respecting your parents. In addition to this, many of them are referred to again in the NT.

Meaning that you dont have to abstain from homosexual urges to be christian
You can be Christian and still be a "practising" homosexual, sure.

But it is a bit off, for example one shouldn't take the attitude of "well now I'm Christian, I believe in God, I know I'll be forgiven so I'll keep cheating on my wife".

See what I mean?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)