Hopman Cup (1 Viewer)

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
btw grass is the surface of the big-server ... look at the wimbeldon master (sampras), goran (as well as rafter for reaching the finals twice) ... i guess hewitt and agassi are the exception ...

but the problem with agassi is he is old and his body wont last that much longer ...

its a matter of time before someone bumps of hewitt ...

professor

grass is the fastest surface to be honest, faster than hardcourt to many ppl's surprise and like as what flyin' have stated, its for big-servers...Safin can be Hewitt easily if Safin starts to pick up his mental game...

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
i reckon safin is heaps cool.. i saw him play today he was alright...
and i also saw anna *droolz*
i gotta admit shes alot better looking in real life than in photos

:: ck ::

Actuarial Boy
HSC
oh i didnt get what short game meant before thx for pointing it out

my bad =)

FunkyFlava

Psycho@UNSW
HSC
they didn't show anna's match on tv ... stupid wheel of fortune. did she actually win?

jessika

law chicky
HSC
Originally posted by Orange Juice
i reckon safin is heaps cool.. i saw him play today he was alright...
and i also saw anna *droolz*
i gotta admit shes alot better looking in real life than in photos
*drool* safin mmm...well not much lately anymore, but he used to be cute about 3? years ago.

jessika

law chicky
HSC
Originally posted by flyin'
actually, im still surprised he's still number one ... he doesnt have any 'major' weapons except his ability to never say die ...
lleyton is sooooo arrogant.

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by jessika

lleyton is sooooo arrogant.
he's arrogant only when he not number one ... being number one entitles him to be arrogant, i think ...

jessika

law chicky
HSC
Originally posted by flyin'

he's arrogant only when he not number one ... being number one entitles him to be arrogant, i think ...

no it shouldn't.

professor

Sampras was never like that when he was crowned no.1 for God knows how many yrs...and i think Hewitt should think about how he should approach the sport...

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by professor
Sampras was never like that when he was crowned no.1 for God knows how many yrs...and i think Hewitt should think about how he should approach the sport...
hewitts already more calm and less arrogant than he was when he first started ... but sampras is in a class of his own (he has the most gram slams) and has been consistent (unlike his rival agassi) ...

Originally posted by jessika
no it shouldn't.
maybe ... anyway it was something i heard ... so dont pay much attention to it ...

:: ck ::

Actuarial Boy
HSC
pay attention to his media comments after and before matches

it shows how arrogant he is

being number 1 shudnt enable u to be arrogant
as some1 said earlier

look at sampras when he reigned the court for so many years

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by FunkyFlava
Lleyton? Arrogant? When is he ever arrogant?
i think people are referring to his disrespectful behaviour on court, where he doesnt show much respect for his opponents (not referring to match-play here) ...

Originally posted by :: ryan.cck ::
pay attention to his media comments after and before matches

it shows how arrogant he is
actually he isnt so arrogant, i dont think in post-match interviews ... and pre-match interviews - remember how he declined and interview and received a pretty massive fine ...

professor

its more of his attitude to the game, it doesn't mean he goes for swearing at ppl, but means rather how his action causes trouble instead and he may not know about it...like what flyin' said, he decline the match intervieew after the game, i mean is he thinking he can do watever he wants coz he is world no.1...and as i stated earlier, he once threaten to only play in Davis Cup matches...
its his attitude that mostly ppl hate, not because he is ugly or anything...

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
its more of his attitude to the game, it doesn't mean he goes for swearing at ppl, but means rather how his action causes trouble instead and he may not know about it...like what flyin' said, he decline the match intervieew after the game, i mean is he thinking he can do watever he wants coz he is world no.1...and as i stated earlier, he once threaten to only play in Davis Cup matches...
its his attitude that mostly ppl hate, not because he is ugly or anything...
yep, that about covers it ...

talking about davis cup, do you think australia has a chance this year of going all the way ... and will mark phil. (i cant spell the rest of his name) be need to get the aussies through because the last time he played, australia won ...

professor

they have a good chace coz Hewitt will play really well and committ himself to it but thats all Australia have as their weapon coz Mark is inconsistent...Draper isn't world class and many Australians apart from Hewitt and Mark are talented enough to win the Davis Cup...but surprise can happen...

I tip France, they have a talented squad, they were pretty unlucky against Russia...

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
they have a good chace coz Hewitt will play really well and committ himself to it but thats all Australia have as their weapon coz Mark is inconsistent...Draper isn't world class and many Australians apart from Hewitt and Mark are talented enough to win the Davis Cup...but surprise can happen...

I tip France, they have a talented squad, they were pretty unlucky against Russia...
if we get to play on grass arthurs' serve could win us matches ... but i guess we only have two world class players ... and we've lost so many doubles matchs since the woodies broke up ...

russia has pretty good players though ...

professor

yea, russia is good but if Safin is in the team, he may drag the team morale down if he lose on or two matches, we know how much temper he can or can't handle...while France has a good mix of maturity and youth...
Arthur is good on serve only and at times can serve double while being put on lil pressure...

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
arthurs was the scapegoat to the aussie defeat here a bit over a year ago ... but when his serve is going well, his opponents will obviously struggle ... i am still thinking that they should have just played on hardcourt instead of grass ... rafter would have done as well on hardcourts ...

yeah ... safin is a rollercoaster ... that why he's only won one grand slam ...

do you think hewitt will finally win the aussie open ... or will drop out like every other year without going far ...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)