Hopman Cup (1 Viewer)

professor

Hewitt will win the Australian Open (provided that he doesn't get any serious injury and dun do the 'threathen' move), coz he has the skills and the only barrier is the pressure on him by the public..everyone(well, bascially, coz for a fact i dun want him to win) wants him to win so he feels the 'heat', talkinb bout heat, Hewitt should able to stand against better than anyone on tour

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
i dont think he will win ... unless he gets an easy run ... i mean he wouldnt stand a chance against moya if he bumped into him ... and there are quite a few players who can easily beat hewitt ...

the main reason why hewitt won wimbeldon was because he had a relatively easy draw ...

professor

but you can't say that when he won the US Open, well, Sampras was exhausted after playing aginst Agassi but still...
but i still Hewitt can win it, he has got all the ingredients to win any Grand Slam, all he needs now is experience, and a better attitude coz i have been watching him play way b4 he made his name and back then, he attitude on the court is different, he never goes 'C'MON!' or anything, so yea...

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by professor
but you can't say that when he won the US Open, well, Sampras was exhausted after playing aginst Agassi but still...
but i still Hewitt can win it, he has got all the ingredients to win any Grand Slam, all he needs now is experience, and a better attitude coz i have been watching him play way b4 he made his name and back then, he attitude on the court is different, he never goes 'C'MON!' or anything, so yea...
sampras not only played agassi ... he also played rafter (a former winner of the us) and safin (another former winner) and he played them all in a row ... no one though sampras would even get through them ... i could almost say if hewitt had to play them (agassi, safin and rafter) all in a row, he would have lost in striaght sets to sampras ...

i guess ... but he still needs a very favourable draw ...

professor

yea, thats true coz i remember one yr, this Russian won the Australian,(god knows how the spell his last name and his first name) and he thanked Sampras for not playing that yr...

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
yevgeny kafelnikov ... it was his dream to win the davis cup this year for france having failed in the finals before ...

professor

he is a good man coz he wasn't in form in the last match, so he gave his spot for some other talent instead, lucky it paid off otherwise it will be tragic for both him and the team...

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
he said he would retire if they won ... he isnt retiring though ...

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
Originally posted by flyin'
yevgeny kafelnikov ... it was his dream to win the davis cup this year for france having failed in the finals before ...
for france? thats guy is russian :p

professor

i doubt he is gonna win another Slam, like the guy isn't techically good at all, he can play 5set matches as many as he like and still in top shape but he doesn't have the skills to win another slam...doubles he has a chance coz he is pretty good in doubles game

:: ck ::

Actuarial Boy
HSC
yevgeny's groundstrokes are quite strong and solid

yet still dont htink he was anywhere near as good as like 2 or 3 years ago

lleyton sux i guess its from watching his rise from zero to world number 1

and how his attitude was before

well thats the reason for most people disliking him

the attitude they've seen from a few years ago

jessika

law chicky
HSC
i dont think he will win ... unless he gets an easy run ... i mean he wouldnt stand a chance against moya if he bumped into him ... and there are quite a few players who can easily beat hewitt ...

the main reason why hewitt won wimbeldon was because he had a relatively easy draw ...
right on, cause lleyton is crap I tell you!!!! how can kim date him!?!?!

jessika

law chicky
HSC

if we get to play on grass arthurs' serve could win us matches ... but i guess we only have two world class players ... and we've lost so many doubles matchs since the woodies broke up ...

russia has pretty good players though ...

lol, the woodies were cool!

jessika

law chicky
HSC

its his attitude that mostly ppl hate, not because he is ugly or anything...
ooh, true, but he kinda ugly...way better since he got his hair cut off though, but yeah definately his attitude. did anyone see him in that match he was losing, he just starting smashing his racket against some plants and then the crowd starting booing him...that had me laughing for ages.

professor

yevgeny's groundstrokes are quite strong and solid
yea, but that wouldn't enable him to win the match, if you have solid and strong groundstroke, u need to be aggressive and on the attack coz otherwise you'll drain your body out and Yevegeny isn't good at that. Perfect example is Agassi, he is a backline player, but his backhand and forehand can be so aggressive that it forces player to move back a bit.

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Orange Juice

for france? thats guy is russian :p
yeah ... my mind and my fingers werent working together when i typed that ...

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
i doubt he is gonna win another Slam, like the guy isn't techically good at all, he can play 5set matches as many as he like and still in top shape but he doesn't have the skills to win another slam...doubles he has a chance coz he is pretty good in doubles game
yeah ... i agree ... but given an easy draw (like hewitt's one is this year), its easy to understand why he would win a couple (one french and one aussie, when the competition was lacking) ...

FunkyFlava

Psycho@UNSW
HSC
anyone seen that new French player Richard Gasquet? does anyone really think that he could take over Hewitt as #1? imo, i really don't think so atm. the more experience he gets playing the top players, then possibly, yeh.

oh and, hey shouldn't we have a new Austrialan Open thread instead of Hopman Cup?

professor

that French young kid, i reckon he has better potential than Hewitt...his ground stroke was excellent esp his one handed backhand, lovely touch and has the strength...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)