How are the 06's finding yr 12 so far?? (1 Viewer)

tennille

HSC
You guys are already studying 2-3 hours each night. I don't want to know what it would be like during the HSC. :p

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
hmm btw i know its off topic but do any of you have tips to write faster? i have a inclass test in two weeks, in which we have to memorize an essay we write at home and then write it in class. im 100% sure i can memorize it, but there is only 50mins to write it ><" its about 800 words and the task is worth 30 %.

P

pLuvia

Just practice writing your essay, A LOT. Use a pen that you are comfortable with, I like those ball point pens, the thin ones :D:D. 50 mins to write 800 words is a lot of time

There is no way to increase your speed unless you really know your essay off by heart :)

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
kadlil said:
Just practice writing your essay, A LOT. Use a pen that you are comfortable with, I like those ball point pens, the thin ones :D:D. 50 mins to write 800 words is a lot of time

There is no way to increase your speed unless you really know your essay off by heart :)
haha thats what ive been doing ! ive actually timed myself with the first part of my essay (memorized and about 300words) and i can do that in about less than 10mins, writing as fast as i can but my thumb kills like hell !

Riviet

HSC
N/A
800 words in 50 minutes...
=16 words a minute
= approximately 1 word every 4 seconds, which is pretty easy as long as you know exactly what you are writing, so you should be fine, mathematically. XD

Last edited:
P

pLuvia

Riviet said:
=16 words a minute
= approximately 1 word every 4 seconds, which is pretty easy as long as you know exactly what you are writing, so you should be fine, mathematically. XD
hahaha all mathematical

lol 1 word every 4 secs hehe:D

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
Riviet said:
=16 words a minute

thanks dude ! i feel bit more calm now haha

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
Tennille said:
You guys are already studying 2-3 hours each night. I don't want to know what it would be like during the HSC. :p
Not me. No.
I wish i can get up to 2-3 hours of study. I'm only consistent with my homework and assignments. No study at all.

You guys are studying like its the night before an exam. Im left behind.

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
Study? I just do things in mind maps with lovely colours and funny cartoons everywhere to help me study...jogs ur memory

apparently yellow paper really helps..but i write on blue and red..??

I do about 2-3 hours of assessments, homework and 'study' a night, plus extra reading tooo...
oh and if one of my friends has a mental breakdown helping them with that too.....

Bookie

Banned
HSC
Well I dont really study - seeinmg as our eco homework is just writing up notes.
Maths is just maths
English is well, just keep reading stuff
Physics - theres a bit to study, but then again its just maths in disguise.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Most of my hw is notes for phys chem and ecos + reading for each, but i don't do all three every night because that's too much, so i just alternate between them. I've also gotta fit time for all my maths excercises, as well as english, which i mainly work on my learning log.

tennille

HSC
Smart_Dunce said:
Not me. No.
I wish i can get up to 2-3 hours of study. I'm only consistent with my homework and assignments. No study at all.

You guys are studying like its the night before an exam. Im left behind.
I wouldn't worry about it. Too much study can be bad, and it's possible that you could burn yourself out before the exams begin. You're better off finding an effective way to study that isn't time consuming.

champ_sammy_19

~~~* Munchkin*~~~
HSC
Smart_Dunce said:
Please explain!
Teachers (not all) do tend to put extra pressure on the students to perform in the HSC which adds to the stress, trust me u'll no wot i mean further on down the track. This is only the beginning.

champ_sammy_19

~~~* Munchkin*~~~
HSC
luscious-llama said:
Study? I just do things in mind maps with lovely colours and funny cartoons everywhere to help me study...jogs ur memory

apparently yellow paper really helps..but i write on blue and red..??

I do about 2-3 hours of assessments, homework and 'study' a night, plus extra reading tooo...
oh and if one of my friends has a mental breakdown helping them with that too.....
Speaking of coloured paper try using a colour for each subject :)

Riviet

HSC
N/A
aileenli said:
i think i'm already burnt out. can anyone help me with eco? also does any1 do accounting? i have my finals next week and i really need help!!!!!!!!!!
Are your finals counted as assessment for hsc? If so, i could help you with ecos, i'm doing it too.

P

pLuvia

I have already felt the hsc stress and therefore I have dropped biology :) even though I came 3rd overall :D

ali777

HSC
wooo year 12! I'm loving the fresh start, for sure. Also this will be the first year where I've actually tried to get good marks etc cos its so hard to convince myself to work hard when i know it counts for nothing at all. But now that everything we do counts towards our hsc, there's a lot more motivation!

The best tip I have is this: SYLLABUS. download it, print it & summarise your textbook under each little dot point heading. (i did this a couple of days before my prelims cos i felt guilty for not studying, and i got 90% in food tech & 92% in adv. maths. it works!! try it!) All the hsc is is testing how many of those dot points you know. well depending on your subject choices anyway! it works well for food tech, bio, those sorts of facts based subjects. not so much for the concept based subjects like english. but yeah, im sure we'll all figure it out!

good luck everybody! don't look at the huge amount of work we have to get done in the next 350 days (yes it is 350 days until our hsc, not that we're counting down yet!), just do a little tiny bit of it right now. and then a little tiny bit more tomorrow. and it will get done eventually.

P

pLuvia

I can't believe how fast the hsc has come, it's like year 7 wasn't too long ago :p does anyone feel this?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)