How are the 06's finding yr 12 so far?? (1 Viewer)

c0okies

HSC
hopeles5ly said:
you be fine =) i feel the same way as you to. i had a exam today for business today and i tell you i never felt more anxious before an exam and bullsh*t thoughts were going through my head all over and over like omg what about if this happens and this and this. but i ended up killing it. best thing that worked for me is to study really hard and on the day of the exam just think of it as another day and that you practically don't care about it. then when you enter into the room you feel a lot more calm and confidient. but of course easier said then done ! good luck anyways ~~

yea; easier said than done, but i guess i should calm down a bit more =/

thanks for the encouragement tho and good luck to you too~~!

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Hehe, i had my first hsc assessment today, was feeling little bit nervous the day before, in the morning felt like a normal day, when i was waiting outside lab with the others, feeling fairly calm, hadn't studied XD, but i killed it, the prac was about rolling a trolley down a ramp and measuring acceleration which i thought was a joke. A great start to the hsc year. :uhhuh:

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Smart_Dunce said:
There's not much study needed for a prac anyway.
Hehe, i would have regretted it if i had studied, my friends that dropped physics last term would have gunned it if they did it. :D

tennille

HSC
Riviet said:
Hehe, i had my first hsc assessment today, was feeling little bit nervous the day before, in the morning felt like a normal day, when i was waiting outside lab with the others, feeling fairly calm, hadn't studied XD, but i killed it, the prac was about rolling a trolley down a ramp and measuring acceleration which i thought was a joke. A great start to the hsc year. :uhhuh:
Haha...I did that prac as well.

Most of the prac tests we did for physics didn't even rlate to what we were learning about. For one of them, we had to basically measure the resistance of three different metals, by placing them in boiling water, and measuring the rate of temperature increase.

zeenia_singh

HSC
wow -- I thought I was the only having a minor breakdown before the year even got started. Lol...I can relate to everyone who have sucky teachers. My ancient teacher is a great guy, but seriously puts me to sleep. Ah well. I'm expecting a jam-packed year (all my older friends have warned me...lol). I hope you all enjoy it!! Can't wait til schoolies....

Cheers!

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Tennille said:
Haha...I did that prac as well.

Most of the prac tests we did for physics didn't even rlate to what we were learning about. For one of them, we had to basically measure the resistance of three different metals, by placing them in boiling water, and measuring the rate of temperature increase.
Whoah, so unrelated lol.

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
KandyKid05 said:
Since starting year12 i've been studying harder than i ever had in my school life. I just hope i don't lack in performance when my exams come. By the way, don't you guys hate getting sick and missing out on classes. Yeah...i get pretty lost. Im in the library now and i dont know what im doing.
-Mika
Im telling you, you're in a much better situation than im in.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Hehe, there's always gonna be someone worser off and better off than you are. :)

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
Im probably more relaxed about the hsc than i was a year ago.

today this motivational speaker (cross the 'motvational' part out) just came to our school to talk about goal-setting for the hsc and a bit about his life. He was kinda funny and overall interesting but want much useful.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Smart_Dunce said:
Im probably more relaxed about the hsc than i was a year ago.
Sorry to say this but i find that hard to comprehend and is very ironic since you should be feeling less relaxed as you approach the hsc.

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
KandyKid05 said:
Since starting year12 i've been studying harder than i ever had in my school life. I just hope i don't lack in performance when my exams come. By the way, don't you guys hate getting sick and missing out on classes. Yeah...i get pretty lost. Im in the library now and i dont know what im doing.
-Mika
my motivation is slowly dying ><"

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
Riviet said:
Sorry to say this but i find that hard to comprehend and is very ironic since you should be feeling less relaxed as you approach the hsc.
I've probably learnt to calm myself down. Plus, there's all that post-hsc stuff to look forward too.

Dimsimmer

Random User
HSC
Anyways, i reckon its too early for me to stress out about the hsc. For this terms assessment, ive got an english listening task, 3u maths exam and possibly a 2u maths exam for practice, in which it wont count for me and 2 multiple choice exams for business studies and economics. I dont have a 4u maths assessment exam until next year. So I dont have much work at the moment. :)

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Dimsimmer said:
Anyways, i reckon its too early for me to stress out about the hsc. For this terms assessment, ive got an english listening task, 3u maths exam and possibly a 2u maths exam for practice, in which it wont count for me and 2 multiple choice exams for business studies and economics. I dont have a 4u maths assessment exam until next year. So I dont have much work at the moment. :)
You are very fortunate to be in this position. Make good use of the time. ;)

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
Dimsimmer said:
Don't stress out. The assessments will start to build up as time goes by. They'll get harder too. Use your time wisely.

champ_sammy_19

~~~* Munchkin*~~~
HSC
KandyKid05 said:
-Mika
I agree with some of what u've said, but if you stress out too much and worry you increase the chances of you getting sick due to stress. My advice go with the flow and take things one at a time!!!! Remember you can onloy do your best. For everyone I think that you guys need to keep in mind to incorperate fun in your life as well, as this takes your mind off the stress of whats going on and allows your brain the chance to absorb the info you need. So dont forget to break the study up!!!!!

Dimsimmer

Random User
HSC
Thanks for the advice guys. I think it would be a good idea to make the most of my time that i have got and try to start the hsc with some great results. Lets hope that we can all do well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)