How are the 06's finding yr 12 so far?? (1 Viewer)

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
kadlil said:
I have terry lee, but like the questions seem a bit basic and don't cover all the ones in cambridge. But yeh fully worked solutions are good :D
which one's better?

P

pLuvia

Smart_Dunce said:
which one's better?
Well each one is different

Terry Lee
- Worked solutions
- question seem a bit basic
- examples are good

Cambridge
- No worked solutions
- Exercises do not always relate to the information given for that exercise
- Answers are hard to find ( you'll see when you get it :p)

But overall I think terry lee is better :)

Riviet

HSC
N/A
I have Advanced Mathematics (Terry Lee) for school, also bought the fitzpatrick one and the excel one, each have their pros and cons as mentioned above, I personally like the worked solutions in excel and i find the questions are quite good in the fitzpatrick one.

klaw

HSC
kadlil said:
Are excel good at explaining, because Cambridge really sucks :p
I found patel to be quite good at explaining.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Excel has some well explained examples, i also got this other excel book which has 100 tips for the hsc for miscallaneous topics. It is very good for revision.

mitsui

мιтэuι
HSC
kadlil said:
Are excel good at explaining, because Cambridge really sucks :p
hmmm
cambridge r good for questions
i found maths in focus to b okk in explaining
i hate excel's layout so meh.
neva tried patel..apparanlty very good

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
Excel does have a confusing layout but they give really good examples.
Excels 50 tips gives a good explanation on students' mistakes and simplify just about every skill you need to have.

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
I've been told that Cambridge's questions are really hard whereas Terry Lee's are too easy. Haven't got time to compare.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Terry Lee's aren't all easy, the few at the end of each excercise are usually harder.

champ_sammy_19

~~~* Munchkin*~~~
HSC
let.me.die said:
im hating yr 12.. theres so much work to be done. ive got assessments coming up too for pretty much all my subjects in two wks time. yr 12 is too hard
It'll get better, I promise the initial stages suck!!!

cursetea

HSC
Oh man.

I'm not sure how everyone else feels, but there's certainly this feeling of absolute dread located approximately on-the-left-hand-side-of-the-bottom-of-my-stomach.

I'm so stressed doing this 'Imaginative Journeys' essay. I wish the expectations for assessments were a lot more clearer than what they are.

champ_sammy_19

~~~* Munchkin*~~~
HSC
cursetea said:
I'm not sure how everyone else feels, but there's certainly this feeling of absolute dread located approximately on-the-left-hand-side-of-the-bottom-of-my-stomach.

I'm so stressed doing this 'Imaginative Journeys' essay. I wish the expectations for assessments were a lot more clearer than what they are.
What is the question maybe i can help

ediisjoz

HSC
year12 2006

year 12 is kinda scary... the year 7s are scared of us. which is funny..

i like it how the teachers treat us like we're normal people now... it's funny how my ancient teacher talks about the other years to us.. tells us all stories about so and so in her class did all this crap... it's funny....I hate my maths teacher she is such a joke.. i just can't stand the fact that we can be having such a crap teacher for year 12 maths... it's not very cool... other than that i like everything.... year 12 2006 :)

Riviet

HSC
N/A
champ_sammy_19 said:
omg!!! and i thought i was organised!!!... lol :p
You're one of a few that i see who like to post in colour, purple your favourite?

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
ediisjoz said:
year 12 is kinda scary... the year 7s are scared of us. which is funny..

i like it how the teachers treat us like we're normal people now... it's funny how my ancient teacher talks about the other years to us.. tells us all stories about so and so in her class did all this crap... it's funny....I hate my maths teacher she is such a joke.. i just can't stand the fact that we can be having such a crap teacher for year 12 maths... it's not very cool... other than that i like everything.... year 12 2006 :)

your not alone, i have two teachers who are fckn crap, i cant stand being in their classes and i have lost all motivation to even do the work they set. but the rest are all good =P

c0okies

HSC
im really scared; as in really worried. my hsc wont b in a year but im always in this state where im anxious of failing and i just stick myself in the library to make myself feel better.

i have a friend in year 12 who just finished her hsc last week and she told me that she thought she probably going to get around 90.

i probably sound desperate or something but i aim to get higher than 97 because my cousin got it. now im really scared i cant even get that high; if my friend got around 90, whats going to happen to me?!?!?!!?!?

work is so tiring school is so tiring im scared im going to collapse before anything has even begun =(

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
c0okies said:
im really scared; as in really worried. my hsc wont b in a year but im always in this state where im anxious of failing and i just stick myself in the library to make myself feel better.

i have a friend in year 12 who just finished her hsc last week and she told me that she thought she probably going to get around 90.

i probably sound desperate or something but i aim to get higher than 97 because my cousin got it. now im really scared i cant even get that high; if my friend got around 90, whats going to happen to me?!?!?!!?!?

work is so tiring school is so tiring im scared im going to collapse before anything has even begun =(
you be fine =) i feel the same way as you to. i had a exam today for business today and i tell you i never felt more anxious before an exam and bullsh*t thoughts were going through my head all over and over like omg what about if this happens and this and this. but i ended up killing it. best thing that worked for me is to study really hard and on the day of the exam just think of it as another day and that you practically don't care about it. then when you enter into the room you feel a lot more calm and confidient. but of course easier said then done ! good luck anyways ~~

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)