How are you enjoying semester 2? (1 Viewer)

Tabris

HSC
as for supra, dont jig 201 and law104,

its one thing to be in the lecture understanding graphs, entirely another to be listening to it at home on ilec.

U guys might see me around alot, in my leather jacket. I havent been able to pinpoint any bos members so far.

H?

buddy
HSC
ECON111 - Okay. Volume problems with the lecture, but otherwise okay.

ACCG250 - Boring. Boring. Boring.

BUSL301 - Best of this sem. Interesting content, decent lecture.

ACCG310 - Boring lecture, decent content. I dread when we have the other lecturer - heard him speak today and was pretty close to incomprehensible.

Le sigh.

pb

Inside The Hollow
HSC
lol i remember her! she reminds me of cabramatta

edit: im talking about samantha sin

fornstar

QUEENSLANDER!!!!
HSC
BBA217: its looking alright atm. got a good group and the lecturer isnt too bad, even if most of his jks are a little lame. i think i saw steve today

BUSL250: at first i couldnt stand the lecturer, but overall she seems ok. havent looked into this subject much but it looks like a lot of work and whats with the final being worth 62%?!?!?

HRM201: i love HR!!! great lecturer and im really looking forward to it, but the final is worth 60%!

PSY235: mixed feelings atm, will have to see how it is in the nxt couple of weeks

overall pretty happy with my units. if i could get rid of one it would be BUSL250 as im scared of it atm! but only time will tell how i go i guess

marchetta

shut up and do me
HSC
Ling216: Really interesting! So many Malaysians in our class, though.
Ling214: It's okay, but the unit is very technical!
Engl286: OMG the lecturer is so shit. She constantly pauses, says "um" every five seconds and either looks at the clock or the ground when she speaks. :eek:

HSC
N/A
^ her name isn't Antonia, is it? (if so I had her for engl120 and know exactly what you're talking about...)

n00dl3~danc3r

HSC
tax law - kewl lecturer with crazy stories, and the x5b theatre brings back happy HSC memories

accg250 - semi interesting, appears to have a 30% failure rate!!!

accg323 - the acc standard, also semi interesting with ok lecturer. lol, the guy sed something along the lines of "hopefully you will all go back to your own countries (with your accounting knowledge)", gotta laugh.

acc310 - yep, the lecturer just has an unbelievably booring voice, at least u won't fall asleep with the asian (indian?) guy.

gonna be a busy semester...

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
ACCG323 - Decent first lecture...The lecturer is awesome and the content doesnt seem too bad just yet.

BUSL320 - Fantastic lecturer! But the content seems like its going to be a bit of a drag.

ACCG340 - Enjoying the content, lecturer is good. The readings seems a bit hazy (maybe thats because it is just the introductory topic...)

But things may change depending on tutors...

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
All things considered the start of semester 2 has been great. Beginning with the awesomeness that was last weekend, which now seems so long ago, I feel like by the end of next week I will have redone everything from January and more, in condensed form.

Uni wise there was one weirdness, but I’ll come around soon enough :). And my subjects constantly make me doubt whether I am in the right degree. Some subjects are ok, but they could get good or could get boring. Others are great, but could go down to good and there is no chance of boring.

Oh, and after all these years I have decided that cough medicine is a scam

lcf

man. nature. technology.
HSC
Lectures are good but this week is tutorials - I hope they are good too *gulp*:(

HSC
N/A
mmmm, tutes. I hope I get at least one cool group like my soc289 tute last semester. I actually walked out of there last day feeling sad that class was over :( They were so cool... Leanne and I would come in and sing nursery rhymes or do handclaps and various other typical bca stuff, and they'd all nod in an amused manner, or join in...

lcf

man. nature. technology.
HSC
I felt sad after leaving my culture tute - everyone had so much fun bashing around the stupid postmodernist ideas - however ECHL113 (early childhood) should hopefully replace that - it better - it's a two hour tute - I hope it has some fun elements to it

cpjeeves

Totally dibble!
HSC
N/A
marchetta said:
Nah, her name is Robyn McCallum and she's terrible!!!! She was a guest lecturer in engl120 though.
I feel your pain. Robyn is a very nice human being but her lectures (and tutes even more so) can be really frustrating.

X

xeuyrawp

GoodToGo said:
LAW415 Dispute Resolution - Awesome lecturer, but sounds like a fair bit of work

LAW500 Litigation - Sounds like a lot of work...and sit-down final exam. Grrr.

LAW412 Criminology - It was good. Only 2 contact hours a week...and the sole academic for the unit is going to be away for 2 of those weeks.

Interesting 1st assignment, where we critically analyse (in 1000 words) a movie/a tv show/painting/sculpture/whatever as it says something about crime. I'm currently thinking one of:
Gangs of New York (Scorsese's "flawed masterpiece")
American Psycho (the book)
Blade Runner (Director's Cut)
The Proposition (aussie movie written by Nick Cave)
The Shield (Season 1)

Any other suggestions?
Boehringer is such an awesome lecturer. <3

And definitely do The Proposition, it's got a lot to say about why people enter into crime, and society's view of what crime actually is.

All my subjects were predictable. I'd heard all my academics lecture by the end of sem 1 year 1. =(

lcf

man. nature. technology.
HSC
CUL101 was faaaaaantastic!
Even though it is held in a converted staff tea room - small class, everyone is friendly and my tutor rocks - so friendly and considerate and down to earth *sigh of relief*

tomorow - MAS105 and ECHL113 - first double tute ever >< 2hours of kids watching tv

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
iambored said:
All things considered the start of semester 2 has been great. Beginning with the awesomeness that was last weekend, which now seems so long ago, I feel like by the end of next week I will have redone everything from January and more, in condensed form.

Uni wise there was one weirdness, but I’ll come around soon enough :). And my subjects constantly make me doubt whether I am in the right degree. Some subjects are ok, but they could get good or could get boring. Others are great, but could go down to good and there is no chance of boring.

Oh, and after all these years I have decided that cough medicine is a scam
Yes, being sick sucks, I think mine has gone from the normal cold to a chest infection or viral something cos I can't stop coughing :(

As for subjects

MAS214 basically like every other media theory subject I've done
MAS209 seems interesting for workshops but otherwise *snore* (like every media practical i've done)
MUS203 (OGMYAY)
AHST231 considered dropping it, but my favourite lecturer/tutor team and yeah

HSC
N/A
gah, I totally sympathise with anyone else with a cough. I felt like I was going to die at uni today :( Was kinda sad because I had lunch with Mike and suga_buni, trying to have a good time and not cough out a lung or something, etc etc....

Kylie - were you sitting outside W5A T2 today at like 10am? I think I saw you... green converse shoes?

cpjeeves - do you do CUL207? I think I saw you in the lecture last week! (didn't go today, was feeling far too sick...)

HSC
I have barely gone to uni this semester as im working full time and doin uni full time (2 external units) and 2 internal

BUS202 - extremely interesting.. all about management and very basic to me .. love the assessment but need to finds a group somehow .. lucky i know swisstruffles from BOS, shes in my group and shes lookin for other members .. shes the best

ANTH150 - i find very fascinating.. as miss_gtr has said.. its about love and culture etc .. pretty interesting ... ARGH need to get the readings for the essay due soon! from miss_gtr (my life-saver)

SOC234 (external) - assignments look a lil hectic .. but i think its extremely interesting.. making your own research paper.. good practice for honours

PHIL234 (external) - bit hectic with assignments .. but i think i can get a C-D in it .. something i can relate too and base my arguements on

thats my quick run down

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)