• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

How are you studying for the School Certificate? (1 Viewer)

breka

HSC
is anyone acutally going to go full out for the sc? besides the people dropping

ninetypercent

ninety ninety ninety
HSC
I got 87 in the English SC, and I got 67 in the trials. I doubt I got a raw mark above that in the actual SC. yet I still got 87.. which is shit but meh.

suling

HSC
My SC study consisted of reading over my notes the night before...worked all right for me..I think my lowest mark was 89.

DONT study for computing skills..I know only basic stuff about computers and ended up with 97/98..most of it is basically commonsense

If you want to study, then do..but seriously, its not that necessary if you have been paying attention in class most of the time

breka

HSC
87 is good! its almost a band 6! i guess you have very high standards looking at your atar aim lol

Enigmanation

HSC
In two years you'll wonder why you were such a dumb fuck even dedicating a minute to studying for an absoluutely insignificant test. Assuming you plan to complete hsc. So take my advice and throw away your books and just go do something enjoyable while you can.

h3ll h0und

HSC
In two years you'll wonder why you were such a dumb fuck even dedicating a minute to studying for an absoluutely insignificant test. Assuming you plan to complete hsc. So take my advice and throw away your books and just go do something enjoyable while you can.
+1 ... just go through 1 or 2 past papers and look through ur notes and u shud be ok.

saberbladexx

HSC
SC is so messed up lolz, i got 45% for my Geography trials, and ended up getting 85% for the SC. LOL WTH, i didn't even study for it, just made it up.

And my two lowest subjects which were high b4s, i'm now acing, modern history and Science(without studying)

So don't worry about SC it has no bearing on how you'll perform in HSC.

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
I'd just like to ask why many people are studying for the SC. Many of you I assume will go on to the HSC, therefore rendering any SC result insignificant. Enjoy school and have fun now!

Besides you can ace it just be reading a textbook the night before and making stuff up as you go in extended responses.

Nincom

HSC
i have school certificate tomorrow, a lot of these posts helped, especially ones about Science and Maths, because thats what i have on tomorrow. Not so much looking forward to History/Geography.

HSC
i have school certificate tomorrow, a lot of these posts helped, especially ones about Science and Maths, because thats what i have on tomorrow. Not so much looking forward to History/Geography.
I think you mean your trials are tomorrow, rather than the actual SC which isn't for a couple of weeksStudy? For the SC? Seriously? I'll probably just do some past exams and leave it at that, no worries.Heaps of people at my school are stressing, but it's like you get 50% for just writing your name so it's like a no-fail situation (providing you put your name on the paper..)

Amogh

HSC
N/A
When is the official School Certificate exam period?
Specific dates please :)

I've just been reading over notes.
Nothing too harri ;]
google is still working 9-11 november i think
I got 87 in the English SC, and I got 67 in the trials. I doubt I got a raw mark above that in the actual SC. yet I still got 87.. which is shit but meh.
WTH 87! you should have done something more than standard english... o_O

lpodnano

5eva alone
HSC
google is still working 9-11 november i think

WTH 87! you should have done something more than standard english... o_O
87 is good. almost a band 6. You should have done adv.

Hayzazz

Pig Member
HSC
LOL @ this thread, you don't need to study for the SC. I just can't stress that enough.
Dude seriously just shut up. Maybe some of us WANT to study for it, be it for a useless exam or not. Would we really go on a student study forum if we didn't want to study for exams?

Think about how someone would feel if everyone told them not to study for it, so he/she didn't, and ended up with a Band 4 or lower? Please don't respond with, "Only stupid people would get that," because it happens quite a lot.

Don't give me that shit about it being easy and that it doesn't affect your school life at all, some schools (like mine) look at your School Certificate marks to decide whether you are eligible enough to do certain subjects for Year 11.

HSC
Dude seriously just shut up. Maybe some of us WANT to study for it, be it for a useless exam or not. Would we really go on a student study forum if we didn't want to study for exams?

Think about how someone would feel if everyone told them not to study for it, so he/she didn't, and ended up with a Band 4 or lower? Please don't respond with, "Only stupid people would get that," because it happens quite a lot.

Don't give me that shit about it being easy and that it doesn't affect your school life at all, some schools (like mine) look at your School Certificate marks to decide whether you are eligible enough to do certain subjects for Year 11.
whatever.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)