It really depends on the cohort
My year ain't that competitive, at least I don't think
For 3U Maths, it's mainly the top 20
For Standard English, 4U Maths and Physics, it's the top 10

Competition is a good thing
It motivates people and therefore prepare them to do better in the HSC

HSC
yeah

there are 5 of us in my year, we are the only ones who do physics, 3U maths and chemistry, we just slave away while the other 92 kids in the year go to their SLR and early childhood classes. Now the HCS is upon them, they couldnt care less, they say, "aw, i`ll just wait until i can go mature age student into uni" bit of a shame, there are some bright kids out there, just shows what a school ranked 600th somthing looks like lol

cheers all

sxciris89

-B4NK41-
HSC
the-intercepter said:
yeah

there are 5 of us in my year, we are the only ones who do physics, 3U maths and chemistry, we just slave away while the other 92 kids in the year go to their SLR and early childhood classes. Now the HCS is upon them, they couldnt care less, they say, "aw, i`ll just wait until i can go mature age student into uni" bit of a shame, there are some bright kids out there, just shows what a school ranked 600th somthing looks like lol

cheers all

holy molly... das good for u 5 isn't it? cause if ranks matter... even if u do 'shit' das still top 5
lol

my skewl's onli competitive for the geeky subs.. like all ext's / religion 2U (hab no idea why) / sciences....
buh they REALLY REALLY competitive in the creative arts part..
only jst moved to this skewl last year and surprised @ their
competitivenes in that area

mynameisemma

HSC
Haha, we have 31 people in total in our year. My biggest class has eleven people (English). Smallest is 5 (Ext 1). So our rankings weren't all that competitive! I feel sorry for you guys at huge schools who find it so competitive - but I guess, if you do your best, you'll get the mark you deserve, regardless of the ranking.

HSC
Before paper 1 there was this guy reading a list of techniques and I was like "can I have a look" and he says "no, this was my hard work". What the fuck. >_>

Coincidently, I found the comprehension the hardest section, and probably failed it, thereby minutely worsening that guy's mark because I'll bring down his internal due to poor external performance. Take that!

HSC
not very. my grade isn't that big, <150 people in it. my largest class has 33, the smallest has 4. it's only really competitive for the top 6 or so spots. apparently our year is weird because unlike usual there isn't a defined middle. there is a grouping of people at the top for every subject, who are very few marks apart, then it's really spaced out from there on.

JamesCohen

HSC
gavvsy said:
i was just wondering, how competitive is year 12 in your school. Would people in your class/year bitch bout the rankings, who comin first, second? Back stab others to get ahead of them etc? Do others help each other when its close to asessments/ trials?
It depends on where you go to school, but when I’m chatting to friends from other schools, it gets very bitchy & competitive there. As for mine, not really much happens, everyone has supportiveness to them, and so if someone is struggling & people know about it, that person will receive help from everyone. So all works out Awesome :D

tannyz

HSC
My school...there are people who pretend to be nice and when you ask them for help they bakstab you. e.g. Can you help me with this ques? 'Oh sure let me see...*writes totally wrong working out and wastes your time* 'oh sorry i don't know but can you help me with this?' *takes book* ... so yea there are people like that but the majority in my year help eachother=) Sigh stingy people

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
so far, yeah, it's a bit competitive.

It's extremely abhorrent to see some guys saying stuff like "I cannot help you because I want to do well".

I think sharing is the way to go but too much sharing shouldn't be the right practice though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)