How competitive is year 12? (1 Viewer)

Mind-Revolution

Nothing Else Matters...
HSC
N/A
gavvsy said:
i was just wondering, how competitive is year 12 in your school. Would people in your class/year bitch bout the rankings, who comin first, second? Back stab others to get ahead of them etc? Do others help each other when its close to asessments/ trials?
I find Physics, English Advanced and English Extension 1 to be competitive.

Also, every other Science based subject at my school tends to be competitive (primarily in Physics and Chemistry).

Nothing suprising.

jmp08077

Rusian 08
HSC
well at my school, our math ranking goes something like this.

first, second, 3rd, 5th, 16th then 64th then 120 th....>.<

why? coz there are 48 ppl who got the same 'mark' and are all coming 16th. lol... i say 'mark' coz the school makes a region of marks where it's considered equal marks. i think... something like that.

and yeah...if you get 2 more marks you would be 64th instead of 120th. LOL. not that stressful huh? >.<
so you can be coming first and go whooooosh down to 64th.

chewy123

OAM, FAICD, FAAS, MBBS
HSC
Sonata said:
oh yea competitive it is at my school, wen ppl get their results back they do watever they can to scab a mark or two off the teacher in order to jump up a rank
XD that is so me:p

But yeh, it is extremely competitive. everyone pretend to be modest and says they ll get shit result but ending up getting so high. ><
Everyone will help everyone but only to an extend where their rank can be preserved.

Last edited:

Aplus

HSC
N/A
lyounamu said:
What do you mean by "backstabbing"? How can they "backstab" you?
"Can I see your notes"
"I haven't started my assessment task yet, can you send me yours for reference?"

BOOM. Backstabbed.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
lolcal said:
by sabotaging you, like what someone said girls in their year did, a teacher gives girl A notes to give to girl B who was away, and girl A doesn't give them to her on purpose.
oh...

That's really slack.

shaon0

HSC
I think in year 12 everyone is very competitive. Some people are already competing in Year 12 ie. Studying instead of going to Sport and not participating in school events and/or in recreational school time and studying.
I'm nervous about Year 12 since i don't really have that competitive edge in me.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
回复: Re: How competitive is year 12?

lolcal said:
by sabotaging you, like what someone said girls in their year did, a teacher gives girl A notes to give to girl B who was away, and girl A doesn't give them to her on purpose.
Nothing wrong with that.

It's girl B's responsbility to catch up and obtain any notes that were given out during her absence.

HSC=/=LIFE

HSC
N/A
Year 12 is very competitive these days. It wasn't like this 10 years ago.
That's why I am offering consultation for as little as $30 per/hour.

Message me if you would like career and life consulting for as cheap as $30 per/hour.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
shaon0 said:
I think in year 12 everyone is very competitive. Some people are already competing in Year 12 ie. Studying instead of going to Sport and not participating in school events and/or in recreational school time and studying.
I'm nervous about Year 12 since i don't really have that competitive edge in me.
You know what? I think Year 11 is there to allow you to learn that competitive edge. So, by the time we get into Year 12, we will be ready!

HSC
Re: 回复: Re: How competitive is year 12?

I don't think it's too competitive at my school. People freely share around notes and a fair amount are willing to trade essays to look at ideas etc. Of course it shows who is the most stressed when marks come back, but the stress doesn't translate to backstabbing or any of that other stuff mentioned.

romolomo

HSC
our grade is so competitive its horrible!
our school generally gets in the top 20, and apparently we have a really smart grade so theyve been laying it on thick- expecting us in the top 10.

that being said, people in our grade backstab, withhold notes, "borrow" notes (and dont return for a few weeks) and most people hate eachother for beating them :p
our grade has been pretty competitive since year 7 (i know, sad right?) so over the years it has only gotten worse

HSC
I'm just wondering if anyone's had a situation like me.

I was awarded extra time from the board of studies this year due to my hand writing ability (I have poor motor skills) and because of that I was awarded extra time in the trials.

When the other extension class found that out they freaked. A bunch of girls 'put in a protest' that I should be awarded extra time and currently there are a million bullshit stories about me getting a reader, writer, the whole caboodle...

Wtf is wrong with these people? I was awarded extra time by the board of studies so obviously I have a legitimate problem. Yes the HSC is compeditive but surely these people can get a life!

ElDragonChan

HSC
in my school people stab each other coz of their rank...
the better your ranks... the more cool u are

....lol nah jks noone really cares that much

Continuum

I'm squishy
HSC
romolomo said:
our grade is so competitive its horrible!
our school generally gets in the top 20, and apparently we have a really smart grade so theyve been laying it on thick- expecting us in the top 10.

that being said, people in our grade backstab, withhold notes, "borrow" notes (and dont return for a few weeks) and most people hate eachother for beating them :p
our grade has been pretty competitive since year 7 (i know, sad right?) so over the years it has only gotten worse
Damn... that's scary. :(

midifile

Na Na Na Na Naa
HSC
My years gotton more competitive this year but there isnt really much backstabbing, cheating etc

Unless you consider people who have a tutor for every subject and get their tutors to write their speechs, major works etc for them as cheating (which it is)...

Caitlin63

:-)
HSC
Our year isn't really that competitive, there is this one guy though who freaked out when I beat him in an RE assessment so now I'm trying to beat him just to see his reaction when i get rank one :p nah but it's all for fun I just do the best I can and that will do.

ElDragonChan

HSC
the idiot morons in my year appeal and get doctor certificates saying their performance was affected so that they dont lose their ranks. it gets annoying

HSC
oh my, the lengths some people will go to!

well i go to a very small school, smaller than any listed here... so my classes arent really competitive cos no one does very much if any study lol

except my distance ed class which i'm still trying to get on top of... the marks in assignments are sooooo close... i got 18/20 on the last topic test and came 4th, and the other guy from my school in the class said he got 15/20 and came 17th! (i think thats what he said)

so yeah, we do help each other out.. i'm very picky about assignments though, i wont let anybody see htem until its been handed in and marked lol, but i will help others if they ask/want/need it :)

ankisha

HSC
well at my skool ppl just bitch about who ever comes first, cuz everyone only know how hard they wroked, not the other person, which to some extent is understandable

but last week some bitch stole mu usb and deleted all my trial notes and essays in an attempt to savatage my HSC... so yeah its competitive!

Wassup?

Banned
HSC
The HSC is like a 50 m swimming pool: Swim and swim, and you'll never reach the end.

Understand that quote, and you'll understand year 12.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)