How datable is a guy who is... (1 Viewer)

f(sex)

HSC
aquarian_jen said:
Hmmm see this doesn't really offend me at all, because you can think what you want, but I don't understand how you can believe yourself to be nothing more than temporary, or this world to be simply what you can see. Aka, it is illogical to believe that God doesn't exist, and once you recognise that he does then maybe you will explore faith for yourself and find the meaningful life that only God can provide.
now thats just your opinion too though, be reasonable

Lizakith

Go go gadget spleen!
HSC
aquarian_jen said:
I am being reasonable. But not everything is just someone's opinion. Christianity would be my opinion if I hadn't analysed it and explored it and was believing it through blind faith, or through 'inheritance' from my parents or society. But I HAVE analysed it, and it fits with the world around us and is the only religion to truly do so. And in saying this, I'd rather not get into a debate about spirituality because they never really go anywhere.
Its still your perception. Things like needing to breathe and eat aren't people's opinions, they're facts. Religion is personal choice, so don't try to foist it on us non-believers.

K

katie_tully

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Knows how to cook
2. Has a high paying job (around 60k) at 21
3. Kinda nerdie
4. Is nice
5. Decent family background
6. Drives a BMW
7. Studying as well
8. Is a devoted Christian
I believe the word you are looking for is homosexual

HSC
Stevo. said:
- 10 points for being a Christian.
Exactly what I was going to say.
Lizakith said:
Yes. this is a great thing.

Biggest problem: devoted Christian

lol, I'm the first girl to reply to this thread. You metros you.
Haha. But I agree.

sthcross.dude

HSC
aquarian_jen said:
Interesting point. But here I acknowledge that I can't answer that because I am finite, but He is not and the concept of eternity anyway I think goes beyond our understanding. But I still know that I didn't create my own soul, and that parentage doesn't explain the moral compass or emotions or that I am me.
So if it goes beyond our understanding, couldnt any number of alternative explainations of our existance be correct?

Even if we accept your need for a creator, this hardly proves that Christainity's particular version of this creator is correct.

K

katie_tully

The first part - to a degree, such as the whole 'big bang' thing, but in the end it comes back to the fact that we have to have started somewhere, and while we may not know how that 'somewhere' came about, the fact is that it did so a Creator must exist to have catalysed it, and created matter and life.
If you read/understood the theory of the big bang you would have noted a very clear theory on a catalyst for the big bang. Nowhere in there does it mention a Creator. If you read past the first paragraph you will also note where they believe the origin of life developed.

sthcross.dude

HSC
aquarian_jen said:
The first part - to a degree, such as the whole 'big bang' thing, but in the end it comes back to the fact that we have to have started somewhere, and while we may not know how that 'somewhere' came about, the fact is that it did ***** so a Creator must exist to have catalysed it, and created matter and life.
***** At this point you make the leap that if we exist, a creator (presumably god like) must be responsible. How can you substantiate this.

How does this disprove the big band theory. If god has always existed, couldn't the initial point of singularity that created the big bang have always existed?

Lizakith

Go go gadget spleen!
HSC
If there was a God, they would presumably have humanity's best interests at heart and therefore wouldn't inflict people such as yourself on us all. Therefore there is no God.

hugglesforyou

HSC
sigh. this is all getting too confusing for me. i'm Christian. i just pray that all non-believers out there seek God.

just a question..don't you ever wonder that life is meaningless? you go to school, get a job, got some money, buy stuff, hav a family, then it's all gone??

Lizakith

Go go gadget spleen!
HSC
hugglesforyou said:
sigh. this is all getting too confusing for me. i'm Christian. i just pray that all non-believers out there seek God.

just a question..don't you ever wonder that life is meaningless? you go to school, get a job, got some money, buy stuff, hav a family, then it's all gone??
No. If you're a pessimist, sure, but not believing in God or an afterlife doesn't mean that what you do in your life is pointless.

he·don·ism /ˈhidnˌɪzəm/
–noun
1. the doctrine that pleasure or happiness is the highest good.
2. devotion to pleasure as a way of life: The later Roman emperors were notorious for their hedonism.

Stevo.

no more talk
HSC
hugglesforyou said:

as opposed to lying to yourself for the rest of your life going: there's more to life, there is a god, there's more to life, there is a god, there's more to life, there is a god...

hugglesforyou

HSC
so you believe that strongly that there is no God. so what if there is?

K

katie_tully

I accept that there is nothing more to life than what we're living. I accept that when we die, we die. Do animals and plants go to heaven? If not, what is their purpose?
It makes even less sense to live so that you can eventually go to heaven. Why not just die and go, why bother living?

All heaven is, is a crotch for people who cant handle the fact that there is no meaning to life.

Stevo.

no more talk
HSC
hugglesforyou said:
so you believe that strongly that there is no God. so what if there is?
Then I'll see you in hell. At least I know that's where my friends will be.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Enteebee said:
Err because very little of that really speaks of the person's personality/looks which are probably 95% of what people look for in a date? Is he outgoing? Is he fun? Is he confident? Is he thin? Is he athletic? Is he fat? Does he like going out with friends or staying at home playing warhammer?
Moreover, is he gay?

hugglesforyou said:

Just a question: don't you ever wonder that you've got problems if you need to invent an invisible friend deeply concerned about your sex life in order for your life to have meaning?

poloktim

\(^o^)/
HSC
SipSip said:
Is he outgoing? He is more outgoing than I am; at least he goes to things more; except he does become impatient with his friends when he is out...so dunno whether that is a good thing
Depends on the girl.

Is he fun? A tiny bit boring and doesn't really like to speak that much; likes to play though, so not that terrible
If he's boring he's not worth it.

Is he confident? This he probably lacks a bit, one of his parents left (died) when he was little so that kinda had a pretty big impact on him.
Boo-bloody-hoo. If he's going to chuck a Sylvia Plath, he might as well stick his head in the oven now.

Is he thin? He is fit, trains and plays soccer like 3 times a week
This is a positive. If he's fit and built and has a nice face he'll be a better catch. But the fact he's not been caught yet leads to two conclusions:
1). His face is ugly.
2). He spreads the word of God too much and turns everybody off.

Does he like going out with friends or staying at home playing warhammer? Doesn't play warhammer, but does play ps2...think he plays PES a lot...
Nothing wrong here.

I don't mean to be rude to girls, but let's be honest, when women say "all the good men are taken" they really mean "all the good rich men are taken" I mean, if the waiter who serves them at restaurants can be perfectly good men but I doubt they would consider them.
At around that age, many girls are looking not for the futures, but for their now. If the waiter who served me at a restaurant was hot and had a decent personality (i.e. wasn't a cuntface) I'd pick him up.

We live in the twenty-first century, if a girl wanted something, chances are she'd be able to buy it with her own wage.

katie_tully said:
I believe the word you are looking for is homosexual
Ugh. Christian faggot. It's like being an anti-semitic Jew. :(

hugglesforyou

HSC
katie_tully said:
I accept that there is nothing more to life than what we're living. I accept that when we die, we die. Do animals and plants go to heaven? If not, what is their purpose?
It makes even less sense to live so that you can eventually go to heaven. Why not just die and go, why bother living?

All heaven is, is a crotch for people who cant handle the fact that there is no meaning to life.
nope. animals dont have souls, and they were created for man, they cant accept Jesus. we live to prob spread the Gospel and expand the kingdom of God.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)