How did everyone go for League of Nations? (1 Viewer)

LachyLane

HSC
I loved that question, :D How'd you guys go for it? (conflict in Europe) and what did you all talk about?

jensymalone

HSC
i thought it was pretty good. i didnt like the personality question as i had studyed for a question that was more along the lines of products of their time/events influence people. in saying that, it was easier enough to just give a recount of their life

Glorious

HSC
Yeah it was good!

Spoke about Abyssina, Spanish Civil War, Rhinelands, Anschluss and Czechoslovakia.

You?

LachyLane

HSC
Yeah it was good!

Spoke about Abyssina, Spanish Civil War, Rhinelands, Anschluss and Czechoslovakia.

You?
I think so!!! I didn't speak about the Spanish civil war haha, didn't no much about it :p. I spoke about Manchurian Incident, Abyssinia, Rhineland, Anschluss and Czechoslovakia

And fuck, i realised i spelt Abyssinia wrong D: also, do you think they'll care if half way through the essay i just said LON (League of nations) a lot? I clearly indicated the abbreviation on the front cover of the booklet. Hopefully they won't mind :)

Glorious

HSC
I think so!!! I didn't speak about the Spanish civil war haha, didn't no much about it :p. I spoke about Manchurian Incident, Abyssinia, Rhineland, Anschluss and Czechoslovakia

And fuck, i realised i spelt Abyssinia wrong D: also, do you think they'll care if half way through the essay i just said LON (League of nations) a lot? I clearly indicated the abbreviation on the front cover of the booklet. Hopefully they won't mind :)
I think I spelt Anchluss wrong (with one S at the end) and as I was typing it here, it occured to me that I spelt it wrong lol. Oh well, no biggie.

If you've inidicated, shouldn't be a problem - they wont penalise you or anything. :) Good luck. =)

P.S: Spanish Civil War is a very good example of the failure of collective sec/ineffectiveness of the league of nations, but then again depends on what you know =)

Glorious

HSC
^I intertwined those issues into appeasement and how the failure of collective security/the league of nations lead to appeasement.
Hmm... but that's sort of risking it because your assessment should conclude the ineffectiveness of the league of nations. The question didn't ask you to show how it led to appeasement, but then again depends on how it was written - not sure.

LachyLane

HSC
Hmm... but that's sort of risking it because your assessment should conclude the ineffectiveness of the league of nations. The question didn't ask you to show how it led to appeasement, but then again depends on how it was written - not sure.
Haha yeah but is it that important? There are plenty of other examples, it was a huge failure lets be honest lol. I was content by the end of it. SO MANY NOTES TO BURN :D <3!!!

umz93

HSC
I talked about how they didnt allow Germany/Russia into LoN, failure to disarm, turning a blind eye invasion of countries.

Glorious

HSC
ahh I see but I used that to show how league of nations was ineffective etc etc and yes I concluded the league of nations was ineffective to a significant extent .
Okay then that's fine. You don't want the marker to think you've prepared for appeasement and that you decided to write that essay instead or something... if you know what i mean.

WorryWartCob

HSC
I Diddddddd..

LON Itself

Foreign Policies contrasted that of the League of Nations Aims.
- for example Germany and Italy's foreign policies = expansion through any means and restoration of power and achieving all that was lost through the TOV (Rhineland & Anchsluss)

Germany and Russia not entering the LON
US = 'nationalist' rather than the LON which was 'internationalist'

- Policy of Appeasement / Munich Conference
- Invasion of Manchuria (inability to act)
- Invasion of Abyssinia (inability to act)
- Spanish Civil War
(Thee battles, pushed the LON, and if it wasnt a failure enough, continued to re-indicate that it was headed directly for conflicy again, through weaponary, the testing ground for WW2)
- Nazi Soviet Pact
- Invasion of More countries

through all these events, proved that these nations were not acting upon, what this international body had first instated...? idk probs wrong w/e - 8 Pages

lucyc19

HSC
ditto. I didn't go into Anschluss or Czechovakia because the question was "assess the effectiveness of the LON" rather than "to what extent was the failure of the LON and the collapse of collective security..." so you didn't have to weigh it up against others. Rather, i discussed LON failings in detail, with historiography (Manchuria, Abyssinia, Russia and Germany's exclusion) as well as its faults (reliance on internationalism, failed attempts to strengthen, etc.) with a paragraph at the end to explain how this led to conflict.
The two are quite different questions - in a to what extent, you should spend half discussing the proposition and the other half weighing it up against other factors, but this question sought consideration of the LON exclusively.

WorryWartCob

HSC
ditto. I didn't go into Anschluss or Czechovakia because the question was "assess the effectiveness of the LON" rather than "to what extent was the failure of the LON and the collapse of collective security..." so you didn't have to weigh it up against others. Rather, i discussed LON failings in detail, with historiography (Manchuria, Abyssinia, Russia and Germany's exclusion) as well as its faults (reliance on internationalism, failed attempts to strengthen, etc.) with a paragraph at the end to explain how this led to conflict.
The two are quite different questions - in a to what extent, you should spend half discussing the proposition and the other half weighing it up against other factors, but this question sought consideration of the LON exclusively.
that makes me want to cry :/

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)